Wedding Etiquette Forum

Lets have a good day.

Good Morning all!!

I am up ready to go to work. A little irked because today is a hearing scheduled for the asshole who paralyzed my mom's best friend. His lawyer wants to get his charges dropped because the DA hasn't done much with the case. The anger is still there and it always gets me upset. "Good" news is the DA might drop the wreckless endangerment charge and go after him for vehicular manslaughter because she died. Fucck that kid. Seriously. Hate him.

Gah sorry. Tell me happy things!!

Re: Lets have a good day.

• I'm sorry Rosie.  :(  I've had a crazy day already.  I was up from 2-4 b/c of Thunderstorms and tornado warnings then my alarm went off at 5.  I'm sleepy.  Then on the way to work I decided it was going to be a great day regardless and I'd just celebrate my half birthday today - I know that's weird, but hey, why the heck not if it can make you have a good day right? 

So then I happen to change the radio to this R&B station and the song we played at my dads funeral was on.  Apparently today is Lutheran Vandross' birthday so they're doing a tribute to his music today.  So I cried on the way to work.  Not like sobbing or anything, but I always shed some tears when I hear that song.  It doesn't help that I always turn it way up and sing at the top of my lungs...just cuz.  :) 

So anyhow.  I'm rambling cuz I'm tired.  But I'm going to send some manslaughter vibes your way.  I'm sure I'd be really p*ssed off in your situation too! 
  • I understand the thing about songs. It is amazing how a song can really bring emotions out of you.

Here is another reason to hate this asshole; after the accident (a few months after) he was also arrested because he was driving a car with some kids and they SHOT a horse. WTF. What kind of shitty person does that? Now he didn't actually shoot the horse, but for fucks sake. Poor horse died :(

Gah. Oh and also? we will be losing power today at work from 10am-maybe3pm WTF am I supposed to do? grrr. 
  • GO HOME!!!  That's what you're supposed to do!  Complain of a low light induced headache. 

So basically this kid is a punk who didn't learn his lesson on the dangers of horseplay the first time?  He sounds reckless and hard headed.  :( 
  • Good morning. I was up way too late b ecause of the storms and then it didn't really turn into anything. I really want to have a good day, but I have to go to the grocery and that usually kills it for me lol. I don't think there is a chore I hate more than grocery shopping.

Sorry about all of that Rosie. Let us know hwo it turns out if you find out.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • LVB if you wanted a weather show you certainly could have joined me.  It was wicked.  The wind was so intense at one point......and I guess it turns out they've reported tornados touched down in the school district I live in.  I say "school district" b/c I live on the far edge of it and I'm assuming the touchdown was way more into it, so close, but not like in danger close.  I keep checking the news sites to see exactly where it was.  I never once heard a tornado alarm until after the worst part of the storm.  Thanks weather service, we appreciate that.
  • I hope that kid gets what's coming to him, roise. What an ass.

I'm finished with my supervisor interviews, so we'll see what happens in the coming weeks. The boss said their might be room for negotiations with the pay, so maybe I won't take too big a pay cut if I was offered it (although I wouldn't accept for a big cut). However, apparently one guy who applied has already told people he will be their supervisor in a couple weeks--and the kicker is, he hasn't even had his interviews yet.
  • We heard tons of sirens. The wind got....a little frisky and the rain was big ole drops. At one point it was blowing sideways, but not the worst I've seen. I think some people lost power but we didn't. I'm not expecting any damage in my city from this. It was pretty well yellow and green vs red by the time it got here. Glad everything ended up ok at your house!
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I am really sorry to be continuing to rant about this.

The day after the accident my mom's friend's husband A went to go look at her car and the asshole and his mother were actually at the lot as well looking at his car. Somehow A was able to speak to them without killing them and the mother was the only one to speak and she didn't even ask how J (my mom's friend) was doing. the kid wouldn't even look at him.

ALSO the kid told the cops that it was J's fault. 

AND ALSO after the accident my mom set up a caringbridge account to keep all of her friends and family updated on J's status. My mom updated it daily and really put time and effort into keeping everyone informed. One year after the accident she put something up detailing the day of the accident. It was the first and only time she EVER mentioned the kid that hit her, and when she did she said something about his wreckless joy riding.. thats IT. Well there were 3 kids in the car with him as well and I guess the one boy had his leg broken. That kid's mom EMAILED my mom and tried to say that the asshole really is a good person and that he was really sorry and that my mother doesn't know what she is talking about. Then she said that she had been checking in regularly for J's status but after that post she was never going to check again. Go F yourself lady. 

Ok I am done.
  • Rosie, it's always someone else's fault. People never want to own up. Parents like that are the worst, the "my kid can do no wrong" kind (my mom sees them all the time as a teacher, so I hear lots of interesting stories). The kid crashed into someone and paralyzed her, which in turn killed her, and I'm guessing from your posts, never showed remorse. How the hell could anyone defend that? I'm pissed off for you.
  • Rosie, I totally know how you feel. My ex's best friend murdered a woman, and his attorneys are trying to get him off. He is a multi-time convict (mostly drug offenses, some anger management issues, etc.), and they have a recording of him telling the police officer that he knows if he smacks his head against the table, that he will be able to plead insanity. Which is exactly what they are doing, and are trying to say that that recording isn't admissible.

The fact that he could get off makes me physically ill, but the idea that they are TRYING to get him off on insanity makes me want to punch someone. It seriously makes me shake, I get so angry.

I will send T&P's up for your mom and her friend that justice will be served.
    meet annie! rescued 6.17.12 imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey all.  Regular day here.... day 2 of diet.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Good morning!

Jeezum Rosie, that's terrible.  That kid deserves prison.

*HUGS* Stacks :(

It looks like it's going to be cruddy out today.  I slept really well, but for some reason I'm exhausted today.  At least it's Wednesday, right?  Midway through the week.

I got an email last night from my MIL about H's cousin's baby.  He was born (7 lbs and 20 inches) but he had fluid in his lungs so he's in the NICU for now.  MIL assures me that he'll be fine, it's just a precaution.  I can't wait to see pictures.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I am really hoping to be sent home come 10am. I mean if we don't have power the toilets won't flush and that is NOT right.

• Morning all!

Rosie let us know how it turns out.  Sorry that all is happening.  :(

Cfaz-- I can totally see her as Effie!  Not bad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Wow, Rosie!  So sorry about your mom's friend and I hope that justice is served!
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Major ((HUGS))) Rosie. I'm mad for you just reading all about that.
    ((HUGS)) Stacks

Yay for Wednesday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Morning all! I caught the skin of my palm in the clasp on my wallet and I'm bleeding. This means I can go home, yes?

Rosie, please keep us up to date on this situation. I crown that jackass Lord of all Douchecanoes. I hope he goes to jail.

cfasz I imagined Effie older, but I love Elizabeth Banks... who am I kidding? I'm so afraid they're going to Twilight the crap out of those movies I probably won't even see them.
  • I think not having toilets is as good a reason as any to leave work early, Rosie.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I think she could be Effie.  They can primp her up to snooty. 
  • Morning all.

Rosie, that is so awful.  I hope that kid rots for a bit in prison. 

So I'm still shaken up.  Last night we had rain/snow and I woke up to about 2" of slush on the roads.  School buses were cancelled (IN APRIL!) and I was driving to work and the roads didn't seem that bad so I didn't have my 4x4 on.  Well, I was passing a guy (or trying too) and my wheels got stuck in a slush pile and it almost shot me into the other person (seriously, inches apart) and I overcorrected and it shot me sideways and backwards over 4 lanes of traffic into oncoming traffic and then I steered it back into my direction of lane and it flung around backwards and sideways within about 6" of the guardrail.  I was heading straight for it and then my truck straightened out on the road in my lane magically.  Seriously, I don't know how I A) didn't hit the dude b) didn't hit the person coming towards me and c) didn't hit the guardrail.  It was crazy nuts. 

I HATE THIS WEATHER.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Rosie that sucks that you all are dealing with that. That kid is an idiot and his parents defending him (or any of the kids' in the car parents) are idiots too. I'll send T&P your way.

Not much going on today. Just working. The internet is still out at my house and a tech won't be out until Friday.

• I have to be honest, in May it will be 2 years since the accident.. I don't see anything happening (in terms of him in jail or whathaveyou) any time soon.

But I am going to see A on Friday, he is cleaning out their house and wants to give FI and I some of J's things.. so I am sure we will talk then.

HAPPY STORIES PEOPLE.
  • Good morning all!

Rosie, it's awful to think that he might get away with something like that.  And who the hell shoots a horse?!  I'd probably end up in jail if someone shot one of my horses.

Stacks, I used to have half birthday parties when I was little.  My birthday is Christmas Eve, so my mom made up for it with parties in June. It was awesome.

I have a happy story!  One of my friends in NOLA is having her baby today!  Yay!
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I think I pictured Effie a little older too, Panda.  But I'm sure with all the primping they'll do, she'll look alright.  But I do know what you mean.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_lets-good-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d050cd9-236f-49bf-a1ce-f2d8a237c15aPost:c63df1ac-6814-4fb9-be73-4ab67a7385d5">Re: Lets have a good day.</a>:
    [QUOTE]  And who the hell shoots a horse?!  I'd probably end up in jail if someone shot one of my horses. Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Ditto this for sure.  Nobody messes with my animal.
  • Habs, that's crazy scary.  Something like that happened to me a coule years ago, but it was rain instead of snow.  It was terrifying.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • HABS! Be careful out there! You're too cute to get smooshed!
  • Thanks guys!  I put my 4X4 on when I finally figured out what direction I was facing.  But holy poop.  I've been driving in this stuff since I could drive and I've never had an episode like that!  Yeehaaw!

I'm safely tucked in my office now.  Hopefully the rain today will get rid of the snow that came.
  • Good morning everyone! I'm sorry for all that crap Rosie, people are assholes. I'm currently waiting nervously to see if the bitch who hit me while "messing around and racing" her BF is going to refute the responsibility with her insurance company or not. That just makes everything SO much more fun.

AND it's snowing. So, ya know, everyone is in a SUPER GOOD MOOD TODAY here. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards