Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

The Cash Debate

2»

Re: The Cash Debate

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cash-debate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6e49454c-993c-40e2-bc6d-5777a49fa4dbPost:390aacef-93dc-4ea3-844d-0944ef70d786">Re: The Cash Debate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alright, some very interesting advice. I'm not into cutesy poem BS. I guess I was under the impression you added where you are registered in the invite. Am I way off base? I've been a wedding photographer for 7 years, Catching moments and shooting kick arse shoes I get, I know NOTHING about the planning side.
    Posted by KatieJTx[/QUOTE]

Registry information should only go into wedding shower invites ( if you are having a shower) and/or on your website.  It is acceptable to have your wedding website on the invite for RSVPs, accommodation information, etc.

I was told to put my registry info in my invite, but I did not.  Not only is it bad etiquette, it looks like you are saying to the invitees "I want a gift". 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cash-debate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6e49454c-993c-40e2-bc6d-5777a49fa4dbPost:0fd473ef-c792-4ed0-a7e2-605014ee926f">Re: The Cash Debate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm willing to bet that Rascal is also Australian, because unfortunately wishing wells and cheesy poems are pretty much the norm here *sigh*. I actually had numerous people tell me that us NOT doing a wishing well was rude.
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

Not in my part of Australia!
  • Options
    I wouldn't put it anywhere, especially not in the invitation, but feel free to tell people who ask you if/where you registered that you are saving for a bed.   It's best to just be honest with people and tell them what you really want, when you are asked.   Most people want to give you something you want.
  • Options
    I was giving her a suggestion. She asked for one, and just because it doesn't follow "proper etiquette " doesn't doesn't mean its completely wrong. Not everyone is a by the book bride and I will proudly say im not. I will still be putting that poem in my invitations because it the only way to let my guests know that we have everything (and more) we need and that if they CHOOSE to give us something we prefer money to put away for a house.
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cash-debate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6e49454c-993c-40e2-bc6d-5777a49fa4dbPost:5b733d28-47f0-4ea6-be6f-6b811d7906dd">Re: The Cash Debate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was giving her a suggestion. She asked for one, and just because it doesn't follow "proper etiquette " doesn't doesn't mean its completely wrong. Not everyone is a by the book bride and I will proudly say im not. I will still be putting that poem in my invitations because it the only way to let my guests know that we have everything (and more) we need and that if they CHOOSE  to give us something we prefer money to put away for a house.
    Posted by rascal17[/QUOTE]

<div>You can of course do whatever you want, no one is going to come after you. All anyone is saying is that it is considered rude, and it might offend your guests. I'll also say that when I get these, the last thing I want to give them is cash. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cash-debate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6e49454c-993c-40e2-bc6d-5777a49fa4dbPost:5b733d28-47f0-4ea6-be6f-6b811d7906dd">Re: The Cash Debate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was giving her a suggestion. She asked for one, and just because it doesn't follow "proper etiquette " doesn't doesn't mean its completely wrong. Not everyone is a by the book bride and I will proudly say im not. I will still be putting that poem in my invitations because it the only way to let my guests know that we have everything (and more) we need and that if they CHOOSE  to give us something we prefer money to put away for a house.
    Posted by rascal17[/QUOTE]

Why are you advising someone to do something that's totally against proper decorum on an ETIQUETTE board?!?

Plenty of people aren't following things by the book.  That you're opting to do something that's patently rude does not mean you come of smelling fresh as a daisy.  People don't think "oh following proper etiquette is so boring." 

Do you really think that you get an award for doing something that's in poor taste?

If you want to think outside the box then wear a green dress, sneakers and carry a bouquet made out of Christmas ornaments.  THOSE are ways to do things differently.  What you're advising and what you plan to do are just rude.
  • Options
    jess9802jess9802 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cash-debate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6e49454c-993c-40e2-bc6d-5777a49fa4dbPost:84526167-d1c6-4b02-840b-a6891a26473e">Re: The Cash Debate</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Cash Debate : Why are you advising someone to do something that's totally against proper decorum on an ETIQUETTE board?!? Plenty of people aren't following things by the book.  That you're opting to do something that's patently rude does not mean you come of smelling fresh as a daisy.  People don't think "oh following proper etiquette is so boring."  Do you really think that you get an award for doing something that's in poor taste? I<strong>f you want to think outside the box then wear a green dress, sneakers and carry a bouquet made out of Christmas ornaments</strong>.  THOSE are ways to do things differently.  What you're advising and what you plan to do are just rude.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

Or have your guests sit on picnic blankets at the ceremony instead of chairs.
  • Options
    Oh to be one of those chosen 10 at her wedding. ;-)
  • Options
    Ahh the last 2 posts stole the words out of my mouth =D Love it!!
    . Anniversary aandt image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards