Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hey all - it's night now.

Re: Hey all - it's night now.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:008d8bb9-f3e8-4c55-8543-410947cebf0d">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I once let "fuuuck" fly in front of a small child accidentally, and I felt awful and apologized, but fuuuck if I'm going to be constantly on guard and checking for children before I swear.  If I'm aware they're in ear shot, I try to check it, but otherwise....well, I'm an adult.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This is me, 100%

I recently went a little crazy on a waitress at Chili's because she sucked more than any other waitress I've ever had, and I wasn't watching my language at all, and felt bad when I realized there was a family sitting within earshot.

Thankfully, they didn't seem phased by it.
  • I remember one pet peeve I had that my X did was he would continue cursing like crazy even after I pointed out a kid around us. Once, near the end of our relationship, I pointed out a kid after he cussed and he looked right at them (they were within ear shot) and said "I can say whatever the fluck I want. Fluck you". I was so mad and embarrased. That was directed at me, not the kids but still. I could tell the parents were not pleased. 
  • In Response to Re:Hey all it's night now.:[QUOTE]SO MANY CROCKPOT RECIPES and I can't find my fucking crockpot. FUUUCK YOU PINTEREST.Gator is only a year and a half old and I say fuuuuuck in front of him all the time.nbsp; Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE] I have mine. Road trip up and you can use it. Make as many recipes for us as you want! I hardly use it. I should use it more, especially in these hot months it must be better than the oven.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I cuss frequently. I also slipped up once and, while chatting with my minister, referred to my MIL as "a raging twatwaffle."

Thank goodness she laughed. Well, there was a delay with a shocked stare, followed by very loud laughter. The minister had met MIL.
  • Honestly, I don't like hearing a lot of bad language anyways. If I am out somewhere and someone is being extremely vulgar - I'll probably move. I do my fair share of cussing, but when it's every other word - that's a bit much.
  • I've said the F word in front of a student (HS) before, and they just laughed. Thankfully, it was a student who probably says that word more frequently than I do. I apologized and he was like, "Really, it's fine. I don't care."

I broke something when I was pulling stuff out of a closet, and luckily, he was the only one there to hear it.
  • I said fucck once when subbing at a middle school once.

I'm used to the kids at the theatre.  When I work with kids on shows that aren't kids shows, I curse like I would if they were grown.  If it's a grown up show, I don't treat them any differently. 
  • In Response to Re:Hey all it's night now.:[QUOTE]What would happen if you said fuckz in front of them, Nicki? Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE] I have no idea. It hurt so much I almost vomitted. I probably would have had to leave that school, I am guessing? Honestly though, the kids say it so I do not think my bosses would have done much. If I had said fluck you to a kid, that would be different than a pain induced cuss.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:220b0483-f4ca-42de-b7f2-e06edac3c8cc">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember one pet peeve I had that my X did was he would continue cursing like crazy even after I pointed out a kid around us. Once, near the end of our relationship, I pointed out a kid after he cussed and he looked right at them (they were within ear shot) and said "I can say whatever the fluck I want. Fluck you". I was so mad and embarrased. That was directed at me, not the kids but still. I could tell the parents were not pleased. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    Brian does this sometimes. I want to beat him.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:3eb1bb62-169b-4557-b888-47006dc1f051">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cuss frequently. I also slipped up once and, while chatting with my minister, referred to my MIL as "a raging twatwaffle." Thank goodness she laughed. Well, there was a delay with a shocked stare, followed by very loud laughter. The minister had met MIL.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

<div>There is no way in hell I could keep a straight face upon hearing the phrase 'raging twatwaffle.' </div>
  • I wouldn't go out of my way to swear in front of kids and sometimes I do feel bad if I say something and a kid is right there but I don't look all around to make sure I can say it, if that makes sense.
  • LDY, it seems easy, though that lady annoyed me with two things:

1. It's "veggies", not "veggi's"

2. Those carrots were not diced. They were sliced.

Other than that, it looks easy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:3eb1bb62-169b-4557-b888-47006dc1f051">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cuss frequently. I also slipped up once and, while chatting with my minister, referred to my MIL as "a raging twatwaffle." Thank goodness she laughed. Well, there was a delay with a shocked stare, followed by very loud laughter. The minister had met MIL.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

This is fantastic.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:6f85d5f7-a981-4c9c-ad27-47e9a6b5f94b">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : There is no way in hell I could keep a straight face upon hearing the phrase 'raging twatwaffle.' 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>This</div>
  • Raging twatwaffle is probably one of the best phrases I have ever heard.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:6f85d5f7-a981-4c9c-ad27-47e9a6b5f94b">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : There is no way in hell I could keep a straight face upon hearing the phrase 'raging twatwaffle.' 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>Me either. I would crack up! </div><div>
    </div><div>LDY, that's exactly how I felt. If you don't see the kids and are cursing, fine whatever. Once I point them out an adult should be able to find other words to express themselves for 2 minutes while we wait in the check out line. </div>
  • Why the fucck do people need a facebook ap to track birthdays?  Facebook posts the birthdays RIGHT THERE on the side of your feed. 
  • My middle daughter (Nerdy Girl) will sometimes let a swear word fly. Usually it's when she's really upset and just blowing off steam at home. We don't make a big deal about it. She knows she can't say things like that in public or around other adults, etc. Son is a little younger (7th grader) and I can't recall ever hearing him swear. 

Nerdy Girl did go BSC once on a little hag at school who was making fun of H being disabled. She ended up going into the counselor's office and told him she needed to be in there before she f'd up that little beyotch. She can be a feisty one. But you don't mess with her daddy. 
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:7364affb-4d4e-499a-b331-173b1057742e">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think there's a difference between an accidental fuuck and a whole lot of fuucks and shits and n-words all flying all over the place as loud as hell, but then, I didn't even notice. I also wasn't PMSing and nor had I just finished a shift in a Hollister, so maybe that had something to do with it.  <strong>A friend of mine told me the hardest habbit she had to break when teaching small children was saying "that's what she said". </strong>
    Posted by Harry87[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Yes times a million.  And kids say "that's what she said" worthy things ALL THE DAMN TIME.

I occasionally swear around my kiddos at work, but they're all (but 2, I don't swear around the younger ones) teenagers and sometimes swearing gets their attention.  Or if I'm repeating something they said, I don't worry about editing.  I don't go around swearing while saying my own stuff, but occasionally it makes sense to do it, and I do.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:508454e9-e384-4c5b-bcdf-403bd95709f6">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : This is fantastic.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, MIL is a raging twatwaffle. The minister had to lock up her purse  before the ceremony since SOMEONE has sticky fingers. The photographers wore fanny packs so MIL didn't steal the memory cards. There was an armed park ranger sitting next to the gift table and card box.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:c64da318-b719-41ff-bca5-ce861f8def05">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why the fucck do people need a facebook ap to track birthdays?  Facebook posts the birthdays RIGHT THERE on the side of your feed. 
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>I was wondering this too! And X's mom sent me a request for it today. </div><div>
    </div><div>OMG that reminded me. X is flucking telling people he postponed the wedding. Not called off (and it wasn't even him). Which wouldn't bug me except he's telling people WE'RE STILL ENGAGED!. I was speechless when I found that out. </div>
  • LDY - that looks like it will make a lot of dishes dirty.  And you still need to get a veggie in there somewhere.  It does look yummy though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:c64da318-b719-41ff-bca5-ce861f8def05">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why the fucck do people need a facebook ap to track birthdays?  Facebook posts the birthdays RIGHT THERE on the side of your feed. 

Why do people need the majority of the stupid apps on FB? It drives me nuts.

I think one of the most annoying ones is "Status Shuffle" since when people use it, they post about 119581 statuses (statii?) at once and it just reminds me that the person using SS isn't original. At all.

<div>So true. And even that is a bit annoying. I mean, maybe we ARE FB friends but that doesn't necessarily mean I want to be all happy, happy, joy, joy about your damn birthday. I mean, they happen to all of us. Every freakin' year. </div>
  • J, I would like to hear some of your other insults, the cleverer the better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:59299bfe-10ad-4f5d-b3fb-7325e50332fc">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : I was wondering this too! And X's mom sent me a request for it today.  OMG that reminded me. X is flucking telling people he postponed the wedding. Not called off (and it wasn't even him). Which wouldn't bug me except he's telling people WE'RE STILL ENGAGED!. I was speechless when I found that out. 

<div>Oh, fuckk no. NO.</div>
  • Aryn, that really sucks. He needs to just let go. 

J - a lot of people don't seem to realise that teenagers don't respond well AT ALL to being talked to like little kids. They like hearing the occasional swear word come out. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:59299bfe-10ad-4f5d-b3fb-7325e50332fc">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : I was wondering this too! And X's mom sent me a request for it today.  OMG that reminded me. X is flucking telling people he postponed the wedding. Not called off (and it wasn't even him). Which wouldn't bug me except he's telling people WE'RE STILL ENGAGED!. I was speechless when I found that out. 

<div>Are you fuccccccking kidding me?</div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously, do I need to go nutpunch him?</div><div>
    </div><div>Who is he telling that to?  Do his PARENTs think you're still engaged?  His friends?  Mutual friends?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards