Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hey all - it's night now.

Re: Hey all - it's night now.

• Okay, lets get the ball rolling. WFD?
  • I am so tired that am glad it's night. Just need to 'zoom down' a bit. 

Our neighbor is cooking something outside that smells amazing. I haven't met these neighbors yet (we just moved) and think perhaps RIGHT NOW would be an excellent time to meet them! ; )

Tomorrow is a VERY long-awaited day at Chez Wally: WE GET WINDOW TREATMENTS! 
    So excited! No more black landscaping plastic on the windows!
  • How hard is it going to be to stay upstairs with your mom and share space with her?
  • It's quiet tonight.  Shocker, people are scared off by the amazing technical team of TK.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:822a620c-be98-41fa-81fa-a500362420e9">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How hard is it going to be to stay upstairs with your mom and share space with her?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Been wondering this myself!</div>
  • Window treatments ARE exciting Wally.  
  • raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey all! H and I just tried taking Westley for a walk at the lake. After about 10 minutes it started getting really dark, so we turned around to head back. Good thing, because it started pouring right before we got to the car. Oh well, guess we will have to try again tomorrow.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • It just clouded up here, thundered and rained for about 30 minutes and now the sun is out again.  In the space of about an hour.  
  • I'm just finishing up dinner now.  I made homemade chicken fingers tonight and then made a chicken finger salad for dinner.

And yes, I feel the need to say homemade for these.  Because if I just hear chicken fingers I picture frozen processed ones.  And that just doesn't do these ones justice.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Chrissy - pilsbury biscuits.. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:00a2e7aa-095d-4cca-9625-ba961d104fca">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay, lets get the ball rolling. WFD?
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Lasagna :) And on Wednesday I'm cooking for Flirty Boy again and we're having jambalaya. I wish I ate more so it'd be worth it to cook more than two meals a week. </div>
  • I'm assuming that question is directed at me, Loopy?

I don't really know how hard it's going to be. TBH I'll probably seriously hate it. I mean, I spend a good amount of time in the living room anyways because it's the only TV other than my mom's bedroom with satellite. The worst part will be sharing a bathroom with my 17 year old sister. Saying she's a slob is putting it mildly. 
  • I had leftover chicken crockpot bake - with broccoli and pasta.  I'm going to need a snack later though, cause I never eat this early and I will be hungry again.
  • raes19raes19 member
    Mmmm lasagna sounds delicious. It's been far too long since I made lasagna, but it's been way too hot to make anything in the oven. This weekend it is calling for temps in the 70s though, so maybe I'll make some.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:620900d8-9652-4141-970a-e506e89ac6b6">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm assuming that question is directed at me, Loopy? I don't really know how hard it's going to be. TBH I'll probably seriously hate it. I mean, I spend a good amount of time in the living room anyways because it's the only TV other than my mom's bedroom with satellite. <strong>The worst part will be sharing a bathroom with my 17 year old sister. Saying she's a slob is putting it mildly. </strong>
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

<div>Yikes. That sounds like the hardest part to me. Do you have other places you can go to hang out?</div>
  • Beachy - I freaking love homemade chicken tenders. Whenever I plan on making them I splurge and get the O'Charlies honey mustard. Mmmm. 

Aryn - are you going to use my recipe or a different one? 
  • raes19raes19 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:5e66717e-47ae-472d-a353-87f007f3e1b7">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Raes, haven't seen you in awhile!  NOt sure if that is my fault or yours.  How you been?
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

Hi! Just been super busy with work, so I haven't had much time to hang out on TK. I try to pop in here and there, but usually can't stay for long.
  • Aryn - I hear ya.  I'm lucky if I manage to scrounge together two fresh meals a week and I scrounge togehter sandwiches and miscellaneous stuff and leftovers the rest of the week.  Especially when H is working.

Poke - yes, that was directed to you.  :)
  • Poke I just randomly decided to make them one night a couple months ago, and used hot sauce instead of egg for them, and then panko bread crumbs.  They were so delicious and that is the only way I make them now.  H has heard me talk about them for a while now so I know he's going to make me make them soon after he gets home.  

I am so sore today it's pathetic.  I did a 5k yesterday for the first time in about 3 years.  And did no training for it whatsoever.  I did better than I expected, but holy eff are my legs sore today. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey everyone. It's too hot to cook here, so we're having sandwhiches for dinner. My dad is making stuffed tomatoes as well, in the new microwave. 

I bought new plants for my garden, so when it cools off I'll be out planting them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:2ceb9464-687c-49c1-bc5e-56bc1853bb9f">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : Yikes. That sounds like the hardest part to me. Do you have other places you can go to hang out?
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, both my mom and sister spend the majority of time in their bedrooms. So the living room is pretty much all mine for most of the day.</div>
  • Hi all!

I am starving, no idea what is for dinner, FI and I were going to go out and eat on a patio somewhere but it downpoured and its all wet.
    We went to see our samples for centrepieces, and fell in love with one of them so we decided to go with the florist, he had done exactly what I had wanted/envisioned - even FI liked it. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:3f3c7e8f-dd76-43f2-9d69-342a44ffd47a">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are pretty high in cals, right ?  But sure are yummy.  I eat them once or twice a year.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

<div>Are you talking about chicken fingers?</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Oooh, what plants Sara?

Beachy - OMG those sound amazing. I just might have to make them soon. I love buffalo sauce. Mild, of course lol.
  • Loopy, glad to know I'm not the only one! 

Poke, I'm making my old one. Yours looked good but had so many things I'd have to substitute that by the time I'd made all the changes it'd be basically my old one. 

• raes19raes19 member
    Beachy, panko bread crumbs make chicken tenders so much better. I mix them with parmesean cheese and some Italian seasoning and they are so good.
  • Ugh, I look at what all everyone is making for supper and it makes me feel like a very lazy cook. :p Tonight I made some hamburgers and my FI made a bday cake since the one he got at the store was chocolate and he didnt realize it. ....I hate chocolate so i am excited to see how this homemade cake turns out!
  • Great news you found a florist Dileni.  

Beachy - those sound yummy.  I may have to try them sometime.  I walked 1.6 miles on the treadmill today.  I'm kind of proud of myself for that :) LOL.  
  • MrsL - I'm with you on the lazy cook, I dont feel like getting up and making anything even though I am starving. You ladies are really making me hungry with all your homemade stuff.

Thanks Loopy!

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards