Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread

I'm home from work and the gym.... And since my trainer kicked my butt today, I'm using it as an excuse of being lazy and sitting on the couch for the rest of the night.

What is everyone up to?

Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread

• We are waiting for pizza to be delivered. I was in a good mood all day and for some reason am in a crabby mood right now and I don't know why.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • I hate that C... Especially when I can't figure out what caused the flip.

I had one of those days where I feel like I shouldn't have even gotten out of bed because everything went wrong and/or I forgot everything.  But only 2 1/2 more days until I have 2 weeks off of work!
  • I'm sitting here watching a Storage Wars rerun. We had a small little at work Christmas party/meeting. I didn't eat that much but I think the cake pops were too rich for me. Ugh. I feel it in my stomach. Bad decision.

Good job getting to the gym. I have yet to make it since a week ago Monday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Same countdown for me, Barrel. I barely count Friday since in the morning, it's just a free for all christmas card exchange and everyone running around happy and excited. Then we have a Christmas service where the choir sings and then we have our huge school potluck lunch. Everyone brings something and it's a delicious spread of food from all over the globe. Love. Then it's vacation time! 

I'm in a fine mood. I'm mostly just sleepy. I had an allergic reaction at lunch today and had to take a Benadryl. Luckily the drowsiness held off for a little while but I almost fell asleep sitting up around 3:30. I'm probably going to turn in early tonight.

ETA: Petal, I forgot you're my Storage Wars buddy. I tried to watch the new Texas one but I'm not ready to accept a new group yet. I'll stick with Barry, Dave, and the gang for now.
  • edited December 2011

I understand what you mean C. All last week I would get grumpy on the way home. I think during the day I was just too busy to be cranky or something. It almost makes me grumpier knowing I have no reason to be grumpy.

Chrissy, I wouldn't be partaking in getting the car/trailer out either. Crazy boys, haha.

ETA: Kalpi, we usually catch them as reruns. I just saw the Texas commercial a few minutes ago. I had a hard enough time when they were showing that new guy for those episodes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Petal- I have a trainer every Tuesday so I didn't have a choice today.  Although I'm hoping that I can keep going the rest of the week.

Chrissy- You have snow??  We have NONE here.  We are dying, our ski resorts aren't open and there's no sign that we're going to get to snowmobile over Christmas... It's heartbreaking.
    And that sounds like something my brother would do... We've rescued him from way too many mud holes since he got his license 2 years ago.
  • Kalpi- Your Friday sounds fun!  We're not allowed to recognize Christmas at our school so we're having a pretty normal morning Friday.Well, as normal as it can be with 30 4th graders that now that they are about to have 2 weeks off.
  • Heeey. I'm trying out a new recipe tonight, here's hoping it turns out okay. 

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment, then I'm getting my hair and eyebrows done, then I'm working until close. I also need to get some stuff so I can make my spinach dip, and I'm trying out some cupcakes (spice cake with apple, and caramel swiss buttercream) for a work potluck on Thursday. Friday, I have to get up early, go to work, then come home and get ready for the concert/night out. Saturday, I have a meeting with our venue coordinator, and we're hanging out with H's best friend while we're in town AND we have to do our Christmas shopping.

It's a busy week.
  • Hey dudes!

I'm bumming out, hardcore. I found the perfect, perfect leather couch on craiglist this morning. For an amazing price. After quite a bit of conversation with the seller, she then reveals that there was one person who contacted her before me that was going to see it. Called her at the agreed-upon time tonight and the other jerk bought it.

GAH. I was so gonna buy that thing. :(
  • edited December 2011
    It's weird for Idaho not to have snow by now. I have no clue what happened. Everything was going so well and then all of a sudden I just became grumpy. Now H is constantly bugging me about what is wrong and I don't know what to tell him.

The next time I get more than 3 days in a row off from work E will be having surgery again so not really a vacation.
  • Also, kalpi, ygpm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:b9f3c9f6-ee9b-4ddc-83f1-fe46efdf2eab">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]. ETA: Petal, I forgot you're my Storage Wars buddy. I tried to watch the new Texas one but I'm not ready to accept a new group yet. I'll stick with Barry, Dave, and the gang for now.
    Posted by kalpi108[/QUOTE]

<div>Same with me.  I'm just not feeling the Texans yet.</div><div>
    </div><div>Today was my first day of work.  I was training in a different department than I will be working with.  It was tiring.  Tomorrow I have another day then I go to my department at 6am on Thursday for that training.   </div><div>
    </div><div>I think I will like it, but too early to tell since I'm not in my department yet.</div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I have ingredients to make cinnamon marshmallows and pecan shortbread.  And I'm trying my second attempt at SF sourdough starter in FL.  The first starter didn't.

Winter makes me bake.
  • C- Our mountains don't even have snow.  It was 41* degrees today.  It's crazy. And we're having stupid inversions already.  Gotta love living in a valley.
  • It was like, 60 degrees today. I have no idea what to do with myself.
  • Barrel - Whatever works is good. I actually get to the gym easily on weekdays I have off. I'm hoping next week I can get back in the cycle of going during vacation so it will be easier once work starts again.

Kalpi - It sounds like a fun Friday to me.

I just realized that I am looking forward to and dreading Friday at the same time. We have a very generous group of business people that donate hundreds of gifts to our school. They aren't coming until Friday morning which means we then have to group gifts together for families and get them delivered before break. It's a crazy day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so glad at times that my H isn't into off-roading and other crazy things like that. If H was anything like his BM I would be a little worried.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:78972d9e-3183-4875-abf7-1c542fa6c09c">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, I have had to save their dumbasses a lot.  They called me on the last day of school one year because they were high centered on a rock off road.  I skipped class to go try to help them.  Such boys.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

Haha that's awesome.  My brother's Jimmy constantly breaks down it the middle of mud puddles (like huge ones out in the desert.)  He used to call us to come save him but now my dad usually just tells him to build a bonfire and let the Jimmy sit there for a bit and start it. 
    You'd think he'd learn to quit driving through them.
  • I'm thankful now too that FI is very calm and more on the boring side. :)

Confession: I have never been skiing, or snow boarding, or anything else that requires a lot of snow....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Petal, I haven't either. I really have no intention to either. I'm to scared to do it.
  • I grew up skiing, snowmobiling, and I tried snowboarding once but hated it.  I went to year round school in elementary so I had 3 weeks off plus winter break.  My dad worked from home so when I was on break we would go skiing or riding almost everyday. 
    My dad was always really good about spending time with us kids.  I guess his dad wasn't around a lot so my dad wanted to be a better dad than him.
  • edited December 2011
    Gah, so many posts! My Benadryl addled brain can't keep up.

Daff, YGPM back.

Friday is super fun, Petal and Barrel. The only part that is heartbreaking is after the pot luck lunch, we go back upstairs and have to take down all the decorations. The kids are begging me to leave them up because they only just finished all of it this past Friday and my homeroom in particular looks fricking AWESOME. I'm on their side but we're not allowed to leave it up after the New Year. bah humbug.

Mica, the bread you're baking sounds awesome, sign me up. Any, don't even get me started on all those delicious cakes you were describing.

• Me too Chrissy- I just couldn't get the hang of it.
  • This is my brother and his gf with his Jimmy right after they got out of a mud puddle earlier this Fall... I actually don't think he's gone since then because it was so much work having to clean the inside and outside of the truck.

• Hey! I am still sewing Christmas presents. Storage wars Texas is lame. I miss snowmobiling. I could happily livers rest of my life and never ski again. I like horseback riding in the snow, though! I get to teach music tomorrow as a sub before going to teach my regular theater class, so I'm pretty excited! And on top of that Elliot got offered a full time mon-Fri job!
  • I would probably love skiing if I could just get over the fear of going down for the first time. I'd much rather go sleding though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:4ee6e85c-f436-4178-9ea4-02c676afaca7">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gah, so many posts! My Benadryl addled brain can't keep up. Daff, YGPM back. Friday is super fun, Petal and Barrel. The only part that is heartbreaking is after the pot luck lunch, we go back upstairs and have to take down all the decorations. The kids are begging me to leave them up because they only just finished all of it this past Friday and my homeroom in particular looks fricking AWESOME. I'm on their side but we're not allowed to leave it up after the New Year. bah humbug. Mica, the bread you're baking sounds awesome, sign me up. <strong>Any, don't even get me started on all those delicious cakes you were describing.</strong>
    Posted by kalpi108[/QUOTE]

<div>=D I'm really hoping they turn out well, I want to impress my coworkers with my culinary genius...from Pintrest.</div>
  • I remember in HS my friend had this brand new bright yellow Nissan Xterra. He left school on Friday with it in perfect condition and came back on Monday with it covered in mud and missing the front bumper.
  • Congrats to Elliot on the job Nicki!

I have so many recipes found via pinterest that I want to try.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards