Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread

13»

Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:7687ae55-688f-4b69-a308-a8ba6f121126">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread : That reminds me of a show I saw on HGTV recently. I forget which one. I watch entirely too much of that channel. It's starting to irritate me. Getting really tired of the phrase "open concept".
    Posted by daffodil_jill[/QUOTE]

We love love love HGTV. We joke about the people on there all the time, and complain about our lack of double sinks, open concept, and roomy kitchen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Nicki - Are you joking or asking? I will say a loud NO is the answer. I just know that someone will see me pinning baby things and the questions will follow. I just like to plan, haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I still don't really get pinterest.

• Options
    here you go Petal.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:5d11f931-e451-4f6a-acb1-721b2c0f8a74">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still don't really get pinterest.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

This is me, as well.  I just get the idea that if I cooked or were crafty, I would get it.  I see it as a deficiency in me, rather than pinterest.
  • Options
    Thanks C. I like visuals. That is very odd.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I cook, but google does just as well for finding recipes.
  • Options
    They built a bunch of new houses near my parent's neighborhood when I was in high school.  We went to look at them when they had the models open.  The ovens opened up into an island they built in the middle of the kitchens and the fridge opened up into it on the other side.  Not such great designing.
  • Options
    At least you could get to both sides of the oven with that design jal. I can only get at mine from the one side and if I were to cook a turkey or a roast in it I don't think I would be able to get it out and no one could help me.
  • Options
    I'm now looking at punchfork thanks to Any.  I am going to make Christmas cookies next week; I am thinking that the Red Velvet Cheesecake cookies are going to have to happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The fridge that came with FI house has the door open to the right and the wall and back door is on the left. You can't just open the door part way and reach in and get something. You have to open it all the way to get in it. You have to shut the fridge door for anyone to get by.

ETA: Meg, those cookies sound amazing. I love red velvet anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think the main reason that our apartment is the way it is is because the building used to be a business complex and not an apartment complex and they just retrofitted the units to be apartments instead.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:3508249c-4e2f-46b6-90d7-3ff87bbf0c16">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]The fridge that came with FI house has the door open to the right and the wall and back door is on the left. You can't just open the door part way and reach in and get something. You have to open it all the way to get in it. You have to shut the fridge door for anyone to get by. ETA: Meg, those cookies sound amazing. I love red velvet anything.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Me too, Petal.  Me too.  The cookies sound somewhat complicated and time consuming.  But hopefully I can get home early from work one night next week and give it a try.
  • Options
    Our kitchen in our apartment is small, but it's pretty well set up.  They did a pretty decent job utilizing the space.  It could use more storage, or we could use less kitchen crap.  We just bought a cheapie shelf that our mixer and other randoms sit on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:c7400fdc-06ea-4a2f-abd5-0884b712ea40">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nicki - Are you joking or asking? I will say a loud NO is the answer. I just know that someone will see me pinning baby things and the questions will follow. I just like to plan, haha.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

Neither. I was rumor starting for you. YWIA
  • Options
    My H and I are watching Toddlers and Tiaras and they are giving a 15 month old a spry tan. That is just ridiculous.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-here-aka-tuesday-night-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8938f70c-aefe-47b1-9d6b-6005d6e75377Post:658ae4c4-d0af-4a1a-9aa5-4a10122547ac">Re: Anyone here? aka Tuesday Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]My H and I are watching Toddlers and Tiaras and they are giving a 15 month old a spry tan. That is just ridiculous.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

Love that train wreck of a show. It really creeps out Elliot. That's what we (the BP girls and I) watches in our BB suite while getting ready day of the wedding! We had a high glitz wedding. Not really though.
  • Options
    C, my life is better if I just believe that show is completely fake.
  • Options
    Those cookies are adorable, C.
  • Options
    Ok, Nicki. I don't care about rumors here. It's those random family members.

Ciara, I like to watch that show. It's that whole car wreck and can't turn away type thing. I just sit there with my mouth gaping open. Some of the moms are so crazy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is totally what I find with this show.

The cookie cutters I got from my SS.
  • Options
    I am currently invested in the trainwreck of the Kim and Khole in NY. I got an awesome dinosaur muffin tin. I should make muffins for the family holiday party Saturday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards