Wedding Etiquette Forum

Talk to me people...Night Thread

Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread

• Yes mam! The duggars, indeed.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • starrynight84starrynight84 member
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:44e40c72-9bfc-457d-9fae-be8026c22b98">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like the families who have a John joe Jett Jedediah and Judy.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>So pretty much the Duggars. </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Didn't see you just said that! But I do have to say, the Duggars are quite creepy.</div>
  • J&K - I thought of you yesterday when I saw this:

And I apparently paid absolutely zero excitement to the fact that that door acted like a mirror in my haste to take a photo of it :).
  • Petal - I kind of forgot that Rory was short for Lorelai! My name doesn't have any nicknames that could be actual names. Otherwise I might seriously consider that. 
  • YES YOU KNOW MY MIDDLE NAME, KROOPS. DUH. ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • I like my sister's name, Haley. I think it would be weird to name a future child after my sister, and my last name sounds like shiiit with names that end in 'y.'
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:d6bbb333-edea-4ef4-975d-71e6af02c79f">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : Well now that just makes me think of the Duggars which is might disturbing.  And I love your middle name too. I wouldn't object to naming my daughter that either. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Well they named their kid "Jinger" and I cant see it any other way but "Jing - er." So there is that.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would love to use my brother's name for a future son but I think it would be a little weird and confusing. But I love his name. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:995f7386-1eca-4f90-bbe5-cba058768ab2">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - I thought of you yesterday when I saw this: And I apparently paid absolutely zero excitement to the fact that that door acted like a mirror in my haste to take a photo of it :).
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Awesome :)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • The Duggars make me cringe a tiny bit, that lifestyle and I would not go well together. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WHAT IS YOUR NAME, LIESEL?!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:7768e52e-95a4-4e89-aaf2-337a16934187">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : That's why I need  Aryn going to class with me.  I'm planning every night to go, but then 6:45 rolls around and...I stay here chatting in the evening thread instead.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha this is exactly how I am. I had a gym partner in the spring and went at least 3 times a week. She moved and I haven't been back since (2 months). </div>
  • WHAT'S YOUR BROTHERS NAME?! I love my brother's names, too. Noah and Ian.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Loopy, do you have a bump yet? I can't tell from the reflection picture, haha.
  • Well I like the name Leisel a lot anyway. Even if it is your cat's name. :) Also I love the name Aurora (dating back to my obsession with Sleeping Beauty), but people would call her Rory and I HATE that nickname. 
  • I love the Duggars.  I think they're whack as fuuuck, but I have mad respect for anyone that can raise that many bugging kids without government assistance programs and shiiiit.

• It's Courtney! Nothing fancy, but I quite like it. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:fb32d208-d563-411d-ad17-f056bdbd5ae0">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Duggars make me cringe a tiny bit, that lifestyle and I would not go well together. 
    Posted by sooshi4u[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You mean you wouldn't want to live under total authority of your father and then be "transferred" to your husband's authority when married? WEIRD!

</div>
  • IF YOU LOVE THEM, GO MARRY THEM.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:40f40034-5fbe-4eca-afe5-31db90bd7c8b">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHAT'S YOUR BROTHERS NAME?! I love my brother's names, too. Noah and Ian.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Soren. :) He was almost named Thor and after my parents told him that, he got super pissed because he was like "You almost named me after the fucking God of Thunder and then DIDNT!"</div>
  • Let's just say it's a very good thing H and I have 6 more months to come up with names for fruit loop.  We're kind of all over the board.  I knew a family growing up with 5 kids and all their names started with J.  They were an odd family.

Random question.  How does one do this to one's hair without having a live in stylist?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:0cb5267d-8bdc-4cff-b476-3731136c75a7">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well I like the name Leisel a lot anyway. Even if it is your cat's name. :) Also I love the name Aurora (dating back to my obsession with Sleeping Beauty), but people would call her Rory and I HATE that nickname. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Um, I LOVE THE NAME AURORA! All because of Sleeping Beauty. But yeah, I couldn't name a child that, haha. And I named my cat after the girl in The Sound of Music, though she spells it Liesl. </div>
  • I think any woman who goes through the pain of labor and delivery 19 times is literally insane. I don't even know that I'll make it through once.
  • There are a few names that I would have considered (mostly for boys) but working with challenging kids by that name has ruined those names for me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AWWWW, one of my favorite people on the earth is a Courtney. I love that name, too.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:6c49d0f5-d729-4d69-9e59-7848445a9aaf">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love the Duggars.  I think they're whack as fuuuck, but I have mad respect for anyone that can raise that many bugging kids without government assistance programs and shiiiit.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally agree.</div>
  • Angel, I've just been popping tons of ibuprofen since 4 am.  I used to start taking some a day or two before my periods when I was on the pill but of course I knew when that would be. I was relying too much on my period tracker app; it was saying I'm due to start at the end of the week.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_talk-to-me-peoplenight-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:89565b5a-8bd7-4ed2-a8b4-fe55e4279d89Post:172dfeb4-1c80-4421-aca8-8f7ddd2ad424">Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Talk to me people...Night Thread : Um, I LOVE THE NAME AURORA! All because of Sleeping Beauty. But yeah, I couldn't name a child that, haha. And I named my cat after the girl in The Sound of Music, though she spells it Liesl. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I definitely wouldn't have pegged you as a Courtney! I think Aurora is a beautiful name but I don't think J likes it anyway. Makes me sad. </div>
  • I LOVE SOREN. Good and scandinavian!! :)

The Margarita Evolution
  • But they wouldn't marry me, because I don't want to be cooking up any spawns.  I'm pretty sure the desire to spawn is a requirement.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards