Wedding Etiquette Forum

Baby Bump on the wedding day

13»

Re: Baby Bump on the wedding day

• Randy and I have been together 9 years and will be engaged for a year and half when our wedding comes in June. While we were planning on trying in July life does not always go as planned and we ended up prego in January. Therefore I will be 6 months at our wedding while I won't be able to party at the wedding its not that big of deal to us and are going forward with our June wedding rather than postponing it.
  • I wouldn't get married pregnant but for no other reason then I hate how fat my face got when I was pregnant and wouldn't want to have a fat face in wedding pictures.  (I'm profound I know.)  I think other people doing it is fine as long as they would have gotten married anyway.  If people aren't suppose to be married and only do it for the kids it always ends up a mess, fighting, and in divorce anyway.  The kids wont know any better if it happens as babies but if they have to live through the effects of those decisions then I am sure it is harder on them.  As far as the JOP thing... I say don't do it, have the big wedding and wear your baby bump proud, everyone else will think you are beautiful, everyone loves pregnant women.  As long as you can get passed not being as skinny as possible on your wedding day everyone else will too.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Giirly that's awesome! See in your case everything worked out, I'm happy for you. 
    I don't think two people that barely know each other should get married just because they're expecting. I think marriage is about love and commitment  and it takes a lot for a marriage to work, if you don't know much about the person you're about to marry you shouldn't be doing it. But each relationship has it's own pace so I would not pass judgment.

FI and I will both be 31 when we get married in 4 1/2 months, we've been engaged since October of 2008, we cannot wait until we start our family which we're planning on trying right after the wedding. I did think that there was a possibility I was preggo this past month and it did make me panic since the dress is bought and everything is paid. After some thinking I realized that everyone knows we've been engaged for close to two years so no shot gun wedding here, I would have tried to move the wedding up a couple months so I'm not too tired but what bummed me the most is that I wouldn't be going on our honeymoon. Our honeymoon is to be our last drinking laying out in the sun bumming vacation before baby :)
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards