Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ummm wait a second!

I just saw on cnn "the buzz" or something, that the director of the next harry potter movie has announced there is going to be a sexy scene between Harry and Hermoine. What?!

How the hell does THAT work! I hate it when they add nonsense to movies based on books.

Yes, I realize im showing my inner nerd right now.

Re: Ummm wait a second!

• Options
    That's not cool!

I agree.  I hate it when they differ from the book simply so that they can make a more visually stimulating movie for the non-book readers.  Plus, they leave out stuff I really liked in the book.
  • Options
    That's going to be awkward to watch, I'm sure.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    If ANYONE should be having a sex scene its ron and hermoine. Apparently the director completely failed to read the book.
  • Options
    I want a flitwick and minerva sex scene.  If we're making stuff up anyway.
  • Options
    I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I hate Harry/Hermione shippers. They claim there's ALL this evidence in the book that could lead to the conclusion that Harry and Hermione are in love. Well, in the first 5 books at least. Um, no there's not. Go back and work on your reading comprehension. It's called "friendship."
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Umm what mery?! Theres no way!! She has obvously had the hots for ron almost the whole series until they are finally kind of together in the last one. IE - thats why she threw a fit when ron was dating someone, and not when harry was. Good lord.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2009/12/harry-potters-daniel-radcliffe-and-emma-watson-will-be-in-nude-scene-uh-oh-ron.html

Radcliffe will be getting naked for a scene in which his character Harry and friend Ron (Rupert Grint) battle a monster. The creature uses magic to project an intimate scene between Harry and a woman.

So they're not really twisting the plot, they're just taking what the horocrux does to another level.
  • Options
    Thankfully, it looks like it's just a magic sequence where someone is putting those images into Ron's head.  They're not actually creating a Harry/Hermione love story line.
  • Options
    Oh thank god, they certainly didnt point that out on the segment I watched. I hate when they add/remove/change things.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ummm-wait-second?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:930cfffb-9231-4e28-a531-084196a5b6b7Post:d49822cb-0420-4ae8-9572-ea1fd07b2097">Re: Ummm wait a second!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2009/12/harry-potters-daniel-radcliffe-and-emma-watson-will-be-in-nude-scene-uh-oh-ron.html" rel="nofollow">http://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/2009/12/harry-potters-daniel-radcliffe-and-emma-watson-will-be-in-nude-scene-uh-oh-ron.html</a> Radcliffe will be getting naked for a scene in which his character Harry and friend Ron (Rupert Grint) battle a monster. The creature uses magic to project an intimate scene between Harry and a woman. So they're not really twisting the plot, they're just taking what the horocrux does to another level.
    Posted by sarahmk5[/QUOTE]

Shiit, will Radcliffe drop his pants for anyone now?  I guess a movie isn't as bad as running around a stage buck nekkid.  I clearly saw his [average sized] peen swinging in the breeze in Equus.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I wasnt overly impressed with his peen either, Meh.
  • Options
    Ok, if that's what they're doing, then that's pretty much what happened during that horribly long forest scene. I think it happens when Ron is wearing the Horricrux one time. I believe that's when he storms off and just leaves them.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    That seems rather inappropriate for a movie that lots of children are going to see.
     I am all for sex and violence in my rated R movies, not so much for ones my little brother will want to see.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_ummm-wait-second?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:930cfffb-9231-4e28-a531-084196a5b6b7Post:bdde61a0-1c38-4c39-af00-cd5000aff7a3">Re: Ummm wait a second!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That seems rather inappropriate for a movie that lots of children are going to see.  I am all for sex and violence in my rated R movies, not so much for ones my little brother will want to see.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

But the thing is the later movies and books have more adult themes.  The other movies got a PG-13 rating, so I'm sure this one will, too.
  • Options
    Still seems inappropriate for PG13.
  • Options
    Then maybe it should be rated R.  I agree that kids shouldn't see movies with percieved nudity in it, but that's why the rating system exists: so parents can make an informed decision on what movies they allow their kids to see.  Frankly, I don't think it's a big deal for a 13-year-old to see that (if it does get a PG-13 rating).
  • Options
    yeah they are actually taking that from the book.  Every time Ron wears the horocrux (locket) he imagines harry and hermione getting together and making fun of him, which is partly why he leaves the group.
  • Options

I think it's just something like they flick to a 'vision' in Ron's head in which the two of them are in a suggestive pose? I highly doubt it's going to be very saucy.

Not that I have even seen the movies or read the book! I just happened by this in a magazine I was reading at work the other day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards