Wedding Etiquette Forum

Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)

124»

Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:ed018a21-c6f9-406e-a268-7a9dabb2717b">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love how this thread now has a warning
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

I figured it was only fair.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I like Violet but I know T wouldn't go for that either.

Sucrets- you're barely showing
  • Hee, I like your "warning." For those who don't want sucrets baby spoilers? :) Your baby bump is adorable, and I am loving 99% of these names. How fun.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2009
    Roxy -

McSteamy = Dr. Sloan (no E)
  • Oooh McSteamy. Did not know he was Dr. Sloane.

Ah, I love baby name talk
  • I know, I just look fat.  And feel fat, it doesn't feel like baby at all.  My clothes don't fit, though.

Some people are sensitive to belly pics, so I wanted to give them fair warning.  The reply count is high, so it'll most likely get checked in the morning.

• Hahaha you don't look fat either. You look 4 months pregnant like you should.
  • Wedding feet.  Sucrets, can I keep you and put you in a box of cute things?
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • DH and I had a baby name talk not that long ago. It didn't go well.

Me: I like some of the older names. You know, something like Anastasia.

DH: That's horrible. Only strippers are named Anastasia. Do you want me to look at our daughter and think, "I hope she doesn't use that as a stage name?!"

Me: Actually, I was hoping it would remind me of my grandmother since it was HER name....

*crickets chirping*
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:3478e472-583c-42fe-b797-81de024fbbb9">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, I just look fat.  And feel fat, it doesn't feel like baby at all.  My clothes don't fit, though. Some people are sensitive to belly pics, so I wanted to give them fair warning.  The reply count is high, so it'll most likely get checked in the morning.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

FWIW, I think you look mildly pg, not fat.

I don't quite understand the sensitivity to belly pics... it's not like you're nekkid or have the baby foot poking out of your skin or anything. Or is it for people who have maybe had bad experiences with pregnancies? I'm not trying to be snarky, just curious.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:080ebd0c-ead3-444b-90b6-3255117b0fc4">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding feet.  Sucrets, can I keep you and put you in a box of cute things?
    Posted by Night_Sprite[/QUOTE]

?  My new pic?

Are there twizzlers in said box?  If there are, I'm cool with that.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:36e8b19f-f5f2-483e-80db-d0aeebe3d6bb">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH and I had a baby name talk not that long ago. It didn't go well. Me: I like some of the older names. You know, something like Anastasia. DH: That's horrible. Only strippers are named Anastasia. Do you want me to look at our daughter and think, "I hope she doesn't use that as a stage name?!" Me: Actually, I was hoping it would remind me of my grandmother since it was HER name.... *crickets chirping*
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

Anastasia is WAY too complex for a stripper name.  If you said Candee, then I'd agree.

• Love the new pic!

But all these outdoor pics with strapless dresses make me feel cold. Maybe because I am cold. We really need to get a space heater.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Yes.  I was being effusive and forgot to elaborate on the words. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:9db01f59-408d-4e0b-875e-a789e4bbac4e">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics) : FWIW, I think you look mildly pg, not fat. I don't quite understand the sensitivity to belly pics... it's not like you're nekkid or have the baby foot poking out of your skin or anything. Or is it for people who have maybe had bad experiences with pregnancies? I'm not trying to be snarky, just curious.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I dislike bare belly ones (home ones, I thought Tide's mat pics were very tasteful), but the thread wasn't titled to give any indication to what we've been talking about.  I just wanted to be fair.  It sucks when a thread doesn't match what you thought it would be about.

• That's what I said! Strippers are like, Bambi or some crap like that. My poor grandmother. I hope she haunts him. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:435506dc-2501-4929-9ab3-fe9117b8afe1">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics) : Anastasia is WAY too complex for a stripper name.  If you said Candee, then I'd agree.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Haha, Candy is the name of H's stepmom, whom he hates. He said the same thing when he first told me about her, except I think he may have said her name was that of a hooker, not a stripper. Either way, I got the message.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:849f1b6a-0c6d-4ce3-9bac-7bba869d1914">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love the new pic! But all these outdoor pics with strapless dresses make me feel cold. Maybe because I am cold. We really need to get a space heater.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

It was June!

I think it's funny how I'm almost completely hiding DH.  He's behind me.

• I didnt even see your H, your veil is blocking him.

How about cookie and muffy?
  • If someone wants to photoshop some winter wear on me, I'll totally use it!

• Ah, thanks for the explanation. Btw, I didn't mean I didn't get how people could be sensitive to belly pics in general, just sensitivity to your clothed-belly pics. I didn't explain myself well. :)

And haha, I just saw your H behind you! I would have had no idea if you hadn't said anything. Where are his feet?!

• Haha, I know Sucrets. I just think, "Oh jeez, If I wasn't in a sweatshirt I'd be chilly. I don't want bare arms right now!" Even the cats are on the couch because the floor is cold (it's only become really chilly here in the past week).

Off to bed. Night ladies!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:d5d6ec67-5b7c-4bc9-95ca-1fbabe931490">Re: Really? (warning, baby names and clothed belly pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, thanks for the explanation. Btw, I didn't mean I didn't get how people could be sensitive to belly pics in general, just sensitivity to your clothed-belly pics. I didn't explain myself well. :) And haha, I just saw your H behind you! I would have had no idea if you hadn't said anything. Where are his feet?!
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're offensive either.

I don't know where his feet are!  I can kinda see one leg next to my left one and I guess the other one is behind it.

• I should go to bed, too. 

Goodnight!  Happy almost Friday!

• I love belly pics. I can see why some may not like them, but they've never bothered me at all.
  • I like belly pics. Pretty sure I like everything pregnant women / baby related with the exception of the gross stuff like Placenta pie and whatnot...

On the note, I'm off to bed!
  • I don't mind pregnant belly pics, and generally think they're cute. But I can see how it might bug people for different reasons, especially the bare belly pics.

And thanks for the placenta pie reminder roxy. Ewww.

• Ok so i'm SUPER late to conversation but I just wanted to tell you my FI has taken the cake on werid names he wants to name our *future* son either Huckleberry or Sawyer Huckleberry!!! Yeah NOT happening!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_really-fb-rant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:943fa190-b9d3-4b11-abc6-e87a0a5cbdcbPost:9227ecb5-cd1b-4fcd-9cf2-699256ea89ce">Re: Really? (FB rant)</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH's favorite name for a boy is Doctor. Halp
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]

My dad had this exact idea for me. 

Also, once they decided on Allison (thanks to Elvis Costello), he wanted my middle name to start with an S so my initials would spell A.S.S.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards