Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?

2»

Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?

• Options
    unfortunately Fishy, no. we now live quite a few stones' throws away.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I forgot...eboix is older than me, but I remember seeing her in HS and her mom was my favorite substitute teacher.
  • Options
    LP11509 (the girl with a cute schnauzer) went to the same high school as some of my really good friends from college and is getting married in the same church as they did.  We also both went to Purdue.

TR, where are you from in DE?  I've got family in Wilmington that went to the Friends school.
  • Options

Roxy and I both sell Scentsy and they do contests on their facebook page every once in a while and as I was browsing through, I saw her picture (same as her signature) and about flipped out. So, I PM'd her and the rest is history. haha. Then, from adding her on facebook.. I realized she went to the college that I applied to and ALLLLMOST went to.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was looking at a bio on my local board, and the bride's MOH was my high school nemesis.  I kind of think she knows because when I told her I knew her MOH, she didn't ask how I knew her. 

Another bride on my local's husband went to my HS but he graduated before I was there.  I did know his little sister who was best friends with my best friend's sister.    We realized the connection during a poll--one question was "do you know anyone famous" and I said I went to HS with a country music singer, and the other girl said, wait, so did my husband.
  • Options
    I never met anyone on my local who I'd actually met IRL.  Just Hensley and our shared decayed rat head experience!
  • Options
    Oh, and I found one of my sorority sisters on Chit Chat.  And a friend from grad school is on my local, but that's nothing shocking since neither of us moved far after graduation. 
  • Options
    Matt, I'm from Wilmington.  I only knew two people who went to Friends, though.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    UGH andy I still wish you had said something! I'm nice (mostly), I promise! But I don't even ride Metro anymore.  :-(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tk-small-world-irl-close-calls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:951562c9-3090-45bf-b7b0-200a01983dfdPost:52d140f5-09b3-4fad-8993-962d2b9f6e64">Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Matt, I'm from Wilmington.  I only knew two people who went to Friends, though.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Oh, my two cousins, Ellen and Amy, graduated in 2005 and 2007 respectively.  Their family has a beach house in Bethany and we go a few times per year.  I love it!
  • Options
    Haha Amoro I had completely forgotten about that until you brought it up. What a bunch of weirdos we had on that floor.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tk-small-world-irl-close-calls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:951562c9-3090-45bf-b7b0-200a01983dfdPost:9a68c924-77d0-4a0c-95f4-ff8b653e7824">Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]UGH andy I still wish you had said something! I'm nice (mostly), I promise! But I don't even ride Metro anymore.  :-(
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Well, damn!  I am moving to the yellow line and everything! I do kind of wish I had said something but I always think of the worst case scenario of it not being you and then me looking like a giant creeper internet freak. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tk-small-world-irl-close-calls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:951562c9-3090-45bf-b7b0-200a01983dfdPost:ad3d9e95-e726-4806-91f4-fe72cfce3abe">Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gina's best friend is friends with someone who was a BM in my wedding. Small world! ETA: Would-have-been wedding.
    Posted by btrflykate1230[/QUOTE]

too true! and you BM and I have hung out a few times with my friend. Crazy how this stuff happens, I may have even met you in passing once.
  • Options
    squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tk-small-world-irl-close-calls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:951562c9-3090-45bf-b7b0-200a01983dfdPost:5b919655-a898-4234-9333-c576add51958">Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls? : I have recognized a regular poster from her bio and pictures (we went to school together), but I haven't said anything because (1) I think she'd be weirded out and (2) I'd like to remain somewhat anonymous
    Posted by parker624[/QUOTE]

You're not that far from where I used to live.  Now I need to know who this reg is.

I had a girl I went to HS with PM'd me once - she's a vendor.  And, my MUA is also a bride, and she's posted (just as a bride) on our locals. 

Oh, and my coworker in the cube next door is one of the newb/lurkers that comes to play just when the newsletter comes out.  
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Mag works in the same industry and area as a girl I knew in college. I found this out because they're friends on FB. Actually, the girl's husband (then boyfriend) lived in my building and he and I wer involved in our hall council and the Resident Hall Association together.

And Kati0105 used to shop at my Target - cause she used to live out here. ;-)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_tk-small-world-irl-close-calls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:951562c9-3090-45bf-b7b0-200a01983dfdPost:84d966db-0ce3-443f-81f2-1e6d59930d75">Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Small World / IRL Close Calls? : You're not that far from where I used to live.  Now I need to know who this reg is. I had a girl I went to HS with PM'd me once - she's a vendor.  And, my MUA is also a bride, and she's posted (just as a bride) on our locals.  Oh, and my coworker in the cube next door is one of the newb/lurkers that comes to play just when the newsletter comes out.  
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

No fear, Squirrly, it's not you, its someone who currently lives in Ohio.
  • Options
    Whew.  Cause, if you know me IRL, or knew me, or whatever, I'd rather somebody would just say so.  Not creepy to me. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options

Ok :) if I ever meet you I'll be sure to tell you I know you!

I should clarify, the girl used to be a reg, now she just posts occasionally, so its none of you that posted on this thread :)

• Options
    CarterBaileyCarterBailey member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    Back when I posted on the regular on AFSB someone came up to me in a bar because they recognized me from my siggy pic!
  • Options
    Amoro and I bought our wedding dresses from the same small store, if that counts.

Lauralaur is cousins with a girl I went to college with. 
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    One of my pet sitting clients posts on my local.  We had a few polite conversations on TK before I noticed her pictures of her dogs in her bio and realized who she was. 

I've never met her face to face -- just her dogs!
  • Options
    Brie, I was so happy when I saw that! I really believe that's the most beautiful chapel I've ever seen. The stained glass is astonishing!
  • Options
    Ok, I am not kidding, mandapanda's husband buy's cheese steak grinders from my sister.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    There's a reg on here who's friends with one of my IRL friends. When I changed my avatar to the picture I currently have, she recognized me on his (the friend) FB. We've probably met a few times at his parties.
    planning

• Options
    Sco and I used to live 1 mile apart before I moved. She also grew up with one of the girls I went to college with.

Mandapanda's cat looks exactly like my cat, except male and slightly bigger.

There was also a fun one on the DC local a long time ago. Girls were talking about a G2G and asking the general area of where they lived. One gave her apartment name and another went "Oh shiit, I live there too!" Yeah, same building, one floor down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards