Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good evening ladies

Re: Good evening ladies

• Real world St Thomas starts tomorrow.  You all can see where I use to live and hang out.

I haven't seen Real World in years, but I might have to watch at least the first one.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • What the crap, Eags. She sounds like a nutcase. If I were in her position, I'd feel really embarassed that I made a mistake and made you feel that way as the bride. What a crazy. 
  • Eags, I think she overreacted and is in the wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:62364c14-2e63-4572-99a8-5d16f9a0c2b5">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with you Lynda. Musu, I didn't put it together somehow that you guys weren't invited to the ceremony. That's incredibly weird that sibling weren't there. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think J was hurt (but wouldn't admit it) that his brother felt ok with saying his vows in front of his friends and her friends (in the WP) but not his older brother who he's had a normal (not super close but certainly not estranged) relationship with. That and J has always tried to help him even though BIL often shoves off his offers. </div>
  • Aww Eagles, I'm sorry. Did you tell your cousin why were so uncomfortable? Maybe somewhere along the way there was a miscommunication between your sister and cousin?

Regardless, I would just talk with your BM and try to smooth it over. Definitely an over reaction on her part.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:6c4df5b6-f51d-4cbc-b529-bd82d45bd133">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys, can I talk to you about something WR?  I mentioned last week that my cousin/BM planned my bach party and then sent the Evite with me as host, listing my email and phone number.  I was really uncomfortable with it but tried to let it slide.  Then I talked to two of the invitees and they were like "Hey, got the invitation...didn't realize you were hosting."  I explained it and they said "OH, okay.  To be honest we did think it was kind of tacky."  So today I said something to my sister/MOH about how I feel really awkward and I try hard to practice good etiquette, so she said that she would mention it to the BM.  Oh my stars and garters.  She went OFF.  Sent me and my sister a nasty text callling us ungrateful, said my sister is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch, told me I was a selfish brat and that she is done with this wedding.  I cried off and on for like an hour because I didn't do anything wrong and I'm so hurt. Overreaction?  On my part, or hers?  I didn't respond because I'm not getting into it with her. Long winded, right here.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OMG. Ummm, YES, overreactoin! On her part. Dang. </div><div>
    </div><div>People just don't get it. </div>
  • Eagles, that girl sounds nuts. That's a major overreaction on her part. 

I had no idea that the Real World was still on. I think the last time I watched it was when I was in 8th grade? I have no idea what the location was.
  • Holy shiiitballs, Eags.

What on earth did your poor sister say to her?  I would be uncomfortable with it too, like you were.  I guess, to be honest, you said something to her once and it didn't do any good, so I don't really see the point in your sister having said something to her.  But she (cousin) for SURE overreacted (unless your sister was a megabitch).  I would give her a day or two to cool off, and then approach her as "hey, I'm really sorry that I came off ungrateful.  I'm not at all ungrateful, I appreciate everything you've done so much.  I understand if you're angry and don't want to be in the wedding, but I would still very much love to have you..." yada yada yada.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Eags that sucks, sorry dude. I can come and kick some ass next week if need be. And J, my tequila smoothie is ice, frozen fruit, juice and tequila. Sorta like a margarita but healthier?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nicki: glad your kitty is doing better!

I am exhaused...I ended up deciding to stay up and post a blog about the bracelet I made today...I am pretty happy with how it came out!

• Aw, Eags. :( She sounds a little high maintenance in her expectations. That really sucks that she is reacting like that. 
  • Wow Eagles.  Just wow.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Nicki, that sounds delightful!  I'll have to try that, because i love tequila and margaritas and smoothies!

Eags, I'm sorry lovely :(  She sounds like a piece of work.

• willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:012e7590-d3ec-473f-a165-6c5871551322">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, I think my sister just shot her a text that said something along the lines of "Eagles is pretty uncomfortable with the Evite thing, especially since X and Y said something to her about it the other night.  Would it be a big deal to change it?"  Basically, she told me that she thought if she said something it would help my cousin see that it wasn't just me being difficult.  My sister was really calm about it, and just replied "I'm not even going to get into this with you right now, but I think you're acting out of hand."  <strong>My mom, on the other hand, got so fired up and was hollering about how dare she, Eagles has been the most laid back bride, she just doesn't want people to think she's rude, etc.  My sister told her to chill out before she took a heart attack. </strong>

<div>LOL, your mom sounds awesome. You don't mess with a Momma Bears cubs!!!!</div>
  • Eags....I think maybe have your sister contact guests and say "oops there was an error in the evite  it is really BM and me hosting...you can rsvp to my number or hers" since BM is being nuts.
  • Ha, I <3 your mom.  Do you think that your cousin will see the light in a couple days when the dust settles?

• Hi guys.  I feel like there's a lot I need to catch up on tonight, so Imma go back and skim from the beginning.

whee tech week.
  • Eagles, that's ridiculous on her part. She's the one who made the etiquette goof at your expense, she should have just corrected it in the first place.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Eags your mom and mine should get together and just be bad ass mommas together.
  • Ick on the court thing, Eags ...

My hubs (FOB) got called for jury duty for July thru December. I haven't told DD this yet. She will FREAK. 

Although, what with his TBI, he really wouldn't be able to do anything but very short trials so doubt it would be an issue. Never been called for jury duty in his life, so of course he gets it during DD's wedding. He'd likely get struck early on in selection anyway, for a variety of reasons.
  • Muni, when you get back from reading... I love your new sig! Those pictures are awesome. 
  • Aaand I am now the unofficial wedding planner for the wedding I was talking about earlier. Interesting. 
  • LOOPY.  Are you lurking here somewhere?

• The hooters wedding?
  • I'd go to the Hooters wedding. Just to say I did and also scratch it off the bucket list.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:6c60d3a1-3ae3-4f71-a764-37bf9893ad3a">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.  We're so overwhelmed at work right now, and I've got wedding ish out the wazoo, and my house is a mess.  This is the last thing I need.  Plus I have to go to court for a preliminary hearing the last week in July for an issue with an ex-employer who is being investigated.  Blech.  It's exactly ten days before the wedding. 

I'm sorry you have so much on your plate. I know all about the overwhelmed at work and house is a mess crap. That's my life, everyday lately.
  • Planning the Hooters wedding? Oh boy! You are a lucky, lucky girl!

Maybe they should have asked you to be the 'unofficial planner' BEFORE the invites went out? 
  • Night Eags! Hope your cousin cools off.

J&K, is Loopy ok in Colorado? I have no idea where she is located, but I hope she is far away from the fires. 
  • Loopy is in Baltimore on business.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards