Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good evening ladies

Re: Good evening ladies

• Options
    And, I'm caught up.

Yay for healthy willow, Healthy vibes to Tyra, hooters girl wedding sounds like a great time, I can't believe Musu's BIL didn't invite them to the ceremony.  douches, sorry your cousin is a nutcase Eags, and thanks Liesel!

Did i get everything?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:f4a1766d-ee20-4b5e-b684-290afba86ccd">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy is in Baltimore on business.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

<div>Ahh, I need to pay more attention! Hopefully her apartment isn't nearby any fires. </div>
  • Options
    Oh that's right, I knew she was not around.  I hope all her stuff is ok!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:7524f431-ace9-484c-9b4d-e9bfce8750a6">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Steffi.  :)  It sucks, doesn't it? Bedtime! Night!
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. I can work a lot from home, so I've been making it a point to come home every evening instead of staying at work. But, I'm still so overwhelmed I've cried at work a few times this month. I can't keep my head above water and I'm working a ton of hours, so is my cohort, and we're just not able to get everything done.

I did tell our boss this would happen a month ago due to some stuff going on, so it shouldn't blindside her, but I don't think anyone believed me at the time how bad things would be for us.
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I was also wondering about Loopy's proximity to the fires. Hopefully the fact that she hasn't mentioned it means her place isn't nearby. At least, I haven't seen her mention it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Hooters wedding indeed. They have less than two months to go and had literally nothing planned - while that works in some areas, in this area you book things a year out. No caterer, no cake, no photographer, no tables and chairs, no linens, no flowers, no priest. But she went ahead and sent out the invites? I'm confused. The groom's mom was going to hire a real wedding planner but couldn't really afford it so I offered to help out. Not sure how much I can really do, but I feel bad for the groom and his family that she hasn't taken the planning seriously but refuses any help from her FMIL. It's weird. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:0721dc25-d6d8-43ad-9658-62aed0eff08b">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, I'm caught up. Yay for healthy willow, Healthy vibes to Tyra, hooters girl wedding sounds like a great  time, I can't believe Musu's BIL didn't invite them to the ceremony.  douches, sorry your cousin is a nutcase Eags, and thanks Liesel! Did i get everything?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

You forgot my birthday, a-hole.

• Options
    HEY J&K

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:e3fc7544-4bd1-4439-b009-0460bd288595">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening ladies : You forgot my birthday, a-hole.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>HAPPIEST OF HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!</div><div>
    </div><div>Will you except my grovelling apologing for neglecting to wish you a happy birthday unprompted?</div>
  • Options
    Happy b-day! I'd sing, but won't submit you all to that torture.
  • Options
    I'm such a tool.

Thanks guys :)

Can I be a brat for a sec?  A couple months ago, my boss had us all write down our birthdays so they could "do something special" for us. My coworker's birthday was last month, and she got a cupcake and a card and we all sang happy birthday to her. No one even said happy birthday to me today. I know it shouldn't be a big deal, and it wouldn't have been if there hadn't been the whole thing about doing something. I didn't even want a cupcake or whatever, I just wish someone had at least said happy birthday/known it was my birthday. I totally got my feelers hurt.

• Options
    J, that is sucky. I really hope they realize. My feelers would be hurt too.
  • Options
    awww, that's shitty.  don't promise and then not deliver.

You'd better get TWO cupcakes tomorrow.
  • Options
    J, that would have hurt my feelings too. They shouldn't do something for one person's birthday and not another's. I wonder if somehow the paper with your bday on it got misplaced and they didn't realize it was today or something. Either way, that sucks.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OK, this made me laugh. 

My fave is this quote,“We aren’t dope sellers or anything, we’re just family trying to have fun on birthdays.”

Aren't we all buddy, aren't we all?
    Must have been a slow news day.

• Options
    I shouldn't be too upset, we've had a TON going on lately.  They're not jerkfaces normally, so I'm sure it just got lost in the shuffle, it just kind of sucked.

Oh well! 

• Options
    J&K - I've been at my current job two years and none of my current coworkers have remembered my birthday, yet. A team I was loaned to for a few months remembered me and got me a nice gift and a cake last year, even though I had moved on.

It does suck.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:541af8be-5f7e-4875-b569-db2410746c4b">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - I've been at my current job two years and none of my current coworkers have remembered my birthday, yet. A team I was loaned to for a few months remembered me and got me a nice gift and a cake last year, even though I had moved on. It does suck.
    Posted by StefffiC[/QUOTE]

Aw, that was sweet of your loaner team at least!

• Options
    Erin, I feel like you haven't been around much.  WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:107e5179-58af-4939-b962-945e3288a51d">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening ladies : Aw, that was sweet of your loaner team at least!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

The party planner on that team is going to do all of the decorations for my wedding and be my day of coridnator. She's incredible at doing stuff like that and she should open her business. I miss her. :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:a6251c99-6dfc-4fd4-9f6b-c9d8682875b9">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, I feel like you haven't been around much.  WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was on a mini-vacation in Utah. I went to a wedding on Friday and a family reunion on Saturday. My grandpa was pumped to get a candy bar for being the oldest guy there. It was cute and I was really glad to go, even if I spent 12+ hours in the car to get there.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    J sorry your day sucked at work. Make a smoothie, life will be better. Alright, I'm off to read some more Hunger Games Part Deux. I swore I wasn't going to read the series, as it really is NMS, but my MiL had it and the first one was great beach vacation reading. Plus I should stay hip to what the middle schoolers I teach are reading. Good night all!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:53779f5a-6f8f-4845-9212-13075b8f08bd">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good evening ladies : I was on a mini-vacation in Utah. I went to a wedding on Friday and a family reunion on Saturday. My grandpa was pumped to get a candy bar for being the oldest guy there. It was cute and I was really glad to go, even if I spent 12+ hours in the car to get there.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Ah, sounds like fun!  Not the 12+ hours though.  Blech.

• Options
    Night Nicki!

My cat that is asleep on the dining room table has the hiccups. What do you do for a cat with the hiccups?
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Startle him, Steffi???

My one cat snores. Loudly. It's a good thing she's cute.

• Options
    I think the cat will probably be fine. I've never seen a cat with hiccups, though. Mine likes to click her tongue when she's dreaming, which is quite cute. 
  • Options
    Wally, that cat is VERY cute!
  • Options
    Thank you! She's my baby. She's a Munchkin. Her name is Glinda.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9dd48e05-03f3-4121-88e9-c5820ffddfffPost:a49c9a31-75e9-4663-acf0-80b0545babb7">Re: Good evening ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Startle him, Steffi??? My one cat snores. Loudly. It's a good thing she's cute.
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

Leo and Ash snore. The hiccuper is hubby's cat that doesn't like me. She's dumb as a box of rocks, but loves to sleep on the table while I work. Her name is Pawkie, it's irish for flirt, IIRC. Most people think she's beautiful, I think she's misproportioned and perpetually startled looking. And stupid. But, she loves DH and he loves her.

I'll either startle her or pour a spoonful of sugar down her throat. LOL
  • Options
    Ah, I love that! The Wizard of Oz has been one of my favorite movies since I was little. I love the books, too. My cat is named after a character from the Sound of Music - I get naming pets after characters :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards