Wedding Etiquette Forum

Where should father-of-grooms girlfriend sit?

13»

Re: Where should father-of-grooms girlfriend sit?

• you aren't gonna find anyone to take your side and console you on these boards. You, and your ex, need to back off and let your SON decide what he wants.  It's his choice, not yours, so be it. 

Sorry to sound so brash, but it seems pretty immature to go wranting and raving about something you have absolutely no control over.  Show your son some respect, and he'll show some in return. 
  • At both of my DDs' weddings I sat in the front row with my date and their father also sat in the front row with his wife who happens to be the woman he had an affair with while married to me. In fact they also had a child during that time. It wasn't ideal for me but it was my daughter's wedding and I did what ever they asked because I wanted them to have a wonderful wedding day. What I did to make it easier for me was have my brother and his wife sit between us. It's really not that big of a deal to suck it up for a day when it comes to your childrens happiness. Stop making such a big deal out of nothing. Don't worry everyone will know you are the MOG.
    And by the way their daughter was a bridesmaid and I am very kind to her every time I see her.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_where-should-father-of-grooms-girlfriend-sit?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9ed7ae20-ff62-4787-a632-2252f92fe0dcPost:323e3224-2d61-4f45-a617-8532f87a6f98">Re: Where should father-of-grooms girlfriend sit?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where should father-of-grooms girlfriend sit? : Yes, it is. Don't judge other people's relationships.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Wasn't judging. I don't recall saying she doesnt matter she's not important. I did mention it depends on the sons relationship with her
    227 Invited image
    136 Ready to party image
    91 Won't be attending image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards