Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

people invite others with no plus one.

13»

Re: people invite others with no plus one.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_people-invite-others-with-no-plus-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a14651a6-a2b1-4274-ac26-de02143e5e38Post:e1731cfc-a87f-4333-93d6-ce1d30dd0777">Re: people invite others with no plus one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: people invite others with no plus one. : But a boyfriend is a significant other - ???  I think some are, some aren't
    Posted by NYUgirl100[/QUOTE]

I thought the term was interchangable. Boyfriend= significant other. Significant other= boyfriend.

? Am I missing something?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_people-invite-others-with-no-plus-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a14651a6-a2b1-4274-ac26-de02143e5e38Post:e32392f5-a647-4fc1-9748-861a1c41347a">Re: people invite others with no plus one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: people invite others with no plus one. : This is just silly. How would you implement that? Guest: "Hi I'd like to bring my boyfriend to your wedding is that OK?" You: "That depends. How long have you been together?" Guest: "Almost five months." You: "Ooooh you were SO CLOSE, but no. They can't come."
    Posted by HoorayForSoup[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah a time frame doesn't warrant the seriousness of a relationship. I was super serious with my fiance a month in and I was invited to a wedding without him... and the couple getting married didn't think I was with him long enough to warrant it being serious enough for him to come.

Now we're getting married and they're getting divorced, so neener! :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It is correct to say that no one can judge the seriousness of anyone else's relationship. However, this is your wedding, and it is NOT considered rude to not invite people you do not know. I don't care what these other posts say - if you do not want to invite someone to your wedding, you should NOT do it. If you do not feel that you should, or you don't think it's right that you should be expected to invite someone you've never met, then why would you invite them? I had to call and tell a guest who added a plus one that they are not permitted to bring additional persons to the wedding, because there is a limited amount of space. Also, I consider it more rude for guests to take it upon themselves to even think about bringing additional people to an event such as this. It is more unacceptable to this than it would be for anyone to feel pressured to invite someone they do not know.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_people-invite-others-with-no-plus-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a14651a6-a2b1-4274-ac26-de02143e5e38Post:407e1689-7a48-4e1d-9582-01ed690c9cb9">Re: people invite others with no plus one.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is correct to say that no one can judge the seriousness of anyone else's relationship. However, this is your wedding, and it is NOT considered rude to not invite people you do not know. I don't care what these other posts say - if you do not want to invite someone to your wedding, you should NOT do it. If you do not feel that you should, or you don't think it's right that you should be expected to invite someone you've never met, then why would you invite them? I had to call and tell a guest who added a plus one that they are not permitted to bring additional persons to the wedding, because there is a limited amount of space. Also, I consider it more rude for guests to take it upon themselves to even think about bringing additional people to an event such as this. It is more unacceptable to this than it would be for anyone to feel pressured to invite someone they do not know.
    Posted by ReichertWedding[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards