Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

My bridesmaids think I have to pay for... Everything?

12346»

Re: My bridesmaids think I have to pay for... Everything?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_my-bridesmaids-think-i-have-to-pay-for-everything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6daf916-0d6c-4153-8de6-ad301f63a625Post:b5596586-6414-4ead-9c5d-399cf0cb768c">Re:My bridesmaids think I have to pay for... Everything?</a>:
    [QUOTE]But, the "document" DOES mean something. It means the OP has taken LEGAL ADVANTAGE of being married which, without that MARRIAGE document, she would have had to leave the country. I sympathize with the situation... I really do. But being an adult means living with the consequences of adult choices. <strong>OP signed paperwork to become legally married in the eyes of the law in order to reap the benefits of said legal union with her husband.</strong>
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm not one to get in the middle of things, especially on here but this is absolutely ridiculous!</div><div>
    </div><div>Yes, they are already "legally married", she is not denying that at all and all of her guests are aware of that. If you were in here situation can you honestly say that you would either 1) scrap all your plans for your dream wedding in order to stay with the one you love, where your life is, your job, your house? or 2.) move thousands of miles away, leaving your job, your house, your friends and the person you plan to spend your life with just so you can have your dream wedding and not have people like some of those here telling you that you "can't have another wedding, because you are already married, it HAS to be called a vow renewal"? I call BS on that! She has every right to call this their wedding!</div><div>
    </div><div>Just because she has taken "legal advantage of being married" doesn't mean she has to settle, if they want to have a big lavish WEDDING with a bridal party then who are any of you to tell her she can't! </div>
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards