Wedding Etiquette Forum

How accurate do you think this is?

I'm reading a book on relationships and this is one of the quizzes in the book.

Your sexual chemistry quotiant

Score each question by awarding points
If you feel this way ALMOST ALWAYS 4pts
If you feel this way FREQUENTLY 3pts
If you feel this way SOMETIMES 2pts
if you feel this way ONCE IN A WHILE 1pts
If you feel this way RARELY OR NEVER 0pts

1 - I like the way my partner looks in clothing
2 - I like the way my partner looks naked
3 - I like the way my partners skin feels
4 - I like the way my partner smells
5 - I like the way my partner tastes
6 - I like the way my partner holds me
7 - I like the way my partner kisses me
8 - I like the way my partner touches me when we aren't having sex
9 - I like the way my partner touches me when we are having sex
10 - I look forward to having sex with my partner
11 - When I think about having sex with my partner I feel physically aroused
12 - I feel sexually excited when my partners body is pressed against mine
13 - When I don't have sex with my partner for a while I miss it
14 - I like the way my partner moves his or her body
15 - I think my partner is sexy

50-60pts your partner really makes you sizzle sexually

36-49 you feel naturally attracted to your partner, but there are other problems that are interfering with your ability to enjoy him or her sexually

21-35pts you may not want to admit it but you are not really attracted to your partner. you should think about leaving.

0-20pts your partner is a total turn off. get out fast!

How did you score? How long have you been with your SO? Do you think this is an accurate picture of attraction and do you think if you score low that you should seriously consider leaving your partner? I'm really curious because I scored very low but I'm not so sure that is enough reason to leave someone over...

Re: How accurate do you think this is?

• I hate spam posting.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Do I have to repost this to 5 friends or something bad will happen to me?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • WHAT'S WITH THE STUPID AEs.  Happy thoughts, and now quizzes?  Enough, people.

"Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-accurate-do-you-think-this-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a87299c0-b2a4-4b53-96b2-2aecc52e3ec0Post:bdf45c6b-b1ad-4ba7-964b-e7148b888367">Re: How accurate do you think this is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do I have to repost this to 5 friends or something bad will happen to me?
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Do it fast or his penis will fall off.

• I scored a 40.  But I wouldn't decide to leave someone based off of this.
    imageVacation
  • I am not sure I know you well enough to talk to you about my sex life.

Although, if you don't enjoy anything sexual about your partner I do have to wonder why you're together in the first place.  Maybe that's just me.
    panther
  • What? No one else bases their major life decisions on quizzes found on the internet? :)
  • Midge, do you know how many Cosmo quizzes I had to take before I could accept Ben's proposal?!?
    panther
  • Actually, this quiz was not found on the internet. If you read my post you would know that it's a book. This is a genuine question. I'm just curious because this psychologist who wrote the book seems to think it's a very valid relationship ending quiz if you score low. I wanted to see how other people compare.
  • Countless AATB, I'm sure!
  • ...and the reason you needed to create an AE for this was what, exactly?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-accurate-do-you-think-this-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a87299c0-b2a4-4b53-96b2-2aecc52e3ec0Post:48ef44c1-f643-4caa-9d4e-52b3159b2cf2">Re: How accurate do you think this is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How accurate do you think this is? : Maybe if you posted under your real SN people would be more willing to take about their results if they take the quiz. <strong>I don't understand why so much is being posted under AEs these days.
    </strong>Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

My guess is it's because KPS has fallen to the wayside.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Dud why did it get deleted? How could that even be considered spam? I didn't advertise anything!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-accurate-do-you-think-this-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a87299c0-b2a4-4b53-96b2-2aecc52e3ec0Post:b8b9d926-c0e9-4e87-ae60-a1dba37664d4">Re: How accurate do you think this is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dud why did it get deleted? How could that even be considered spam? I didn't advertise anything!
    Posted by popquizzy[/QUOTE]
    You don't have a real SN.  It's an AE that you made up for the distinct purpose of posting a question that is not WR.  For all TK staff knows, you're a spambot. 

I'd suggest, in the future, writing up "quizzes" under your real SN.

• Now I want to go do some cosmo quizzes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-accurate-do-you-think-this-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a87299c0-b2a4-4b53-96b2-2aecc52e3ec0Post:756b43f9-e305-4f4f-99cb-9d72c59a6219">Re: How accurate do you think this is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How accurate do you think this is? : You don't have a real SN.  It's an AE that you made up for the distinct purpose of posting a question that is not WR.  For all TK staff knows, you're a spambot.  I'd suggest, in the future, writing up "quizzes" under your real SN.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I'm brand new to the bored. WTH? You can't go abusing power and deleting things because you suspect I have another screen name. That's freaking ridiculous.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-accurate-do-you-think-this-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a87299c0-b2a4-4b53-96b2-2aecc52e3ec0Post:90083190-4dee-4083-941c-5b52e1cbe82e">Re: How accurate do you think this is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How accurate do you think this is? : I'm brand new to the bored. WTH? You can't go abusing power and deleting things because you suspect I have another screen name. That's freaking ridiculous.
    Posted by popquizzy[/QUOTE]
    How can I "abuse power"?  I'm not a mod anymore.

• Your post most likely got deleted because multiple people reported you - no one was "abusing power."  And the fact that you seem to know that Bay was previously a mod (otherwise, why would you assume she had any power?) pretty heavily indicates that you are not, in fact, new to the board.  (Or the "bored."  No really, it's "board.")
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • THIS IS NOT SPAM. THIS IS A REAL QUESTION. I AM GETTING MARRIED BUT AM HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS. I AM READING THIS BOOK ON RELATIONSHIPS. IT IS SAYING THAT IF I'M NOT MADLY ATTRACTED TO MY FIANCE THAT I SHOULD DUMP HIM. I WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE MADLY ATTRACTED TO THEIR SPOUSES.

I'm reading a book on relationships and this is one of the quizzes in the book.

Your sexual chemistry quotiant

Score each question by awarding points
    If you feel this way ALMOST ALWAYS 4pts
    If you feel this way FREQUENTLY 3pts
    If you feel this way SOMETIMES 2pts
    if you feel this way ONCE IN A WHILE 1pts
    If you feel this way RARELY OR NEVER 0pts

1 - I like the way my partner looks in clothing
    2 - I like the way my partner looks naked
    3 - I like the way my partners skin feels
    4 - I like the way my partner smells
    5 - I like the way my partner tastes
    6 - I like the way my partner holds me
    7 - I like the way my partner kisses me
    8 - I like the way my partner touches me when we aren't having sex
    9 - I like the way my partner touches me when we are having sex
    10 - I look forward to having sex with my partner
    11 - When I think about having sex with my partner I feel physically aroused
    12 - I feel sexually excited when my partners body is pressed against mine
    13 - When I don't have sex with my partner for a while I miss it
    14 - I like the way my partner moves his or her body
    15 - I think my partner is sexy

50-60pts your partner really makes you sizzle sexually

36-49 you feel naturally attracted to your partner, but there are other problems that are interfering with your ability to enjoy him or her sexually

21-35pts you may not want to admit it but you are not really attracted to your partner. you should think about leaving.

0-20pts your partner is a total turn off. get out fast!

How did you score? How long have you been with your SO? Do you think this is an accurate picture of attraction and do you think if you score low that you should seriously consider leaving your partner? I'm really curious because I scored very low but I'm not so sure that is enough reason to leave someone over...

• baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    Now you're just being obnoxious.

• Popquizzy, why doesn't your SO turn you on?
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-accurate-do-you-think-this-is?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a87299c0-b2a4-4b53-96b2-2aecc52e3ec0Post:98ac30e5-82d7-4601-bd43-3908a2c47430">Re: How accurate do you think this is?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your post most likely got deleted because multiple people reported you - no one was "abusing power."  And the fact that you seem to know that Bay was previously a mod (otherwise, why would you assume she had any power?) pretty heavily indicates that you are not, in fact, new to the board.  (Or the "bored."  No really, it's "board.")
    Posted by StephBeanWed61502[/QUOTE]

WHAT? I didn't know anyone was a "mod". Someone had to be abusing power by deleting my post. I figured that people were complaining and so it got deleted.
  • No legitimate psychologist would tell someone "your partner is a total turn off. get out fast!"

But if you're having second thoughts because of a quiz it likely does say something about your relationship. Sexual chemistry and compatibility is definitely important.
    Lizzie
  • Okay first of all if you are having second thoughts, I would ask myself why instead of going by some question in a book or magazine. That's like those "Am I good in bed" Polls.
  • Thanks, Duds! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LTB, when I WAS mod, I never deleted the first post, so I have no idea.

Pop, all you've done is ensure that nobody's going to answer your quiz.  Nobody was going to in the first place, but reposting it obnoxiously isn't helping your cause. 

• Okay, so you scored low.  Put aside the stupid quiz for a second, and think about how much it really matters to you that you are not physically attracted to your FI.  Do you care?  Is it a big deal to you?  Is sex a big deal to you?  For some people, no sex/bad sex/FI they aren't attracted to is a dealbreaker, because it's something that's important to them.  For some people, it isn't so important.  Only you can decide how much it matters in your relationship that you're not attracted to your FI. 

imagemy to-read shelf:
  • I think you should consider how important sexual attraction is to you. Do you think you can spend the rest of your life without a satisfying sex life?  Truthfully, some people can and some cannot.  If you can imagine never having a satisfying sex life FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, then there's no worries.  Either way, you should open a dialogue with your partner.  It doesn't have to be "i think you're icky" but maybe you should try more like "hey, honey, i think we should try (insert thing that turns you on)"  and see how it goes.  
  • And frankly, if a quiz in some random book can derail your whole engagement, there's a hell of a lot more to this story than you're telling us.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
  • I'll be honest, I think quizzes like these are stupid and I don't know why anyone would take them seriously, or actually base their relationship on them. How often do you like the way your SO smells? Touches you? Hell, that changes on a daily basis for me for factors beyond just attraction.

If you're having second thoughts, don't look to a sex quiz for the solution.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards