Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• Thats okay LVB, I am a shiit storm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:dd878fa3-8f42-425b-8379-3ecd3e12d9c8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Squirrly!  Glad to see your face around again! And, I flame these flames.  I really think FFF needs to be board flames only anymore.  Or have a separate IRL flames, because that's all FFF seems to be anymore.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Thank you. I don't mean that I don't give a shiit about your IRL problems, because I do. Just not in FFF.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:e843fa59-5ed7-4aeb-a7e0-2aa9e5b79cfd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : o_O Was the paper on 'how to be a douche'?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Hah, should have been.

No, it was about observational learning. His idea was that Snooki and her peeps experienced observational learning (vicarious punishment) by watching one of the other skanks (his words) start drama and get into trouble.

No joke, dude knew everyone's names and probably could recite all of the shows if allowed. I'm pretty sure everyone in the class was like "WTF?" And the professor laughed at him and asked if he was serious. I'm pretty sure he failed that paper. Jersey shore doesn't equal a reputable source.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:dd878fa3-8f42-425b-8379-3ecd3e12d9c8">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Squirrly!  Glad to see your face around again! And, I flame these flames.  I really think FFF needs to be board flames only anymore.  Or have a separate IRL flames, because that's all FFF seems to be anymore.

Agreed. I could flame all darn day with IRL flames but that isn't the point of FFF threads.
  • And I frequently eat Subway's footlong subs.  If I only eat half a sub there I'm hungry again in an hour usually.  

And ditto the flame of Milsey for complaining about spending.  Like Neely said, she is basically complaining about everything that makes it possible to have her job.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:d49ffd10-d13d-464d-ae1c-c9df52527535">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't even know when that was, tbh.  But DNB got it right when she said I didn't read the OP.  I didn't.  If you have a serious topic that you want taken seriously... don't use 5million ??'s. I don't remember what chick it was that was talking sooo much about the regs v newbs thing, but she clearly has issues (god, I can't think of the word!!!)
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

It was DeadUtopia. DNB did a pretty great job of showin' her what's what though.
  • Oh, I got the flames this week.

I flame our flucking flucked up apartment complex. They suck. But am just glad they have let us out of the lease. I just want the stuff to be moved into storage so I don't have to see it anymore.

And in 2 weeks I am moving back to Ohio. Cannot. wait.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:dd878fa3-8f42-425b-8379-3ecd3e12d9c8">Re: FFF</a>:

I just really don't think people can find much to flame on the boards these days. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:d49ffd10-d13d-464d-ae1c-c9df52527535">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't even know when that was, tbh.  But DNB got it right when she said I didn't read the OP.  I didn't.  <strong>If you have a serious topic that you want taken seriously... don't use 5million ??'s.</strong> I don't remember what chick it was that was talking sooo much about the regs v newbs thing, but she clearly has issues (god, I can't think of the word!!!)
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Or write in all caps, which is what I was getting at yesterday.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:5122190f-9f2b-4644-82e3-b0dcd8d52b93">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Or write in all caps, which is what I was getting at yesterday.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Unless you're Fishy. ;)
  • That DeadUtopia chick was/is ridiculous.  I like how she was basically like "I've been around here FOREVER, I just don't post."  Ok, then you're still a newb, get over it.
  • Should we flame E for being all nice lately?  Or too WR?  Why is everyone questioning etiquette? 
  • Kiki, I can't remember the last time a reg said something that like, actually pissed me off and got my hackles up. Really. It's been so long. Threads just don't get heated like they used to. Everyone here likes eachother. Heels (or MFJ, whichever you prefer) and P2 aren't down eachother's throats, Alix isn't telling Nebb that she can't read correctly, etc. Everyone likes eachother and has for a while.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Hiya everybody! 

IRL flames for FFF suck.  So. . . I flame everybody who's had 'em today.  THERE.  TAKE THAT.  :D 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:0e834dad-0190-4ba0-a9e1-5efdc7ab81d4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]That DeadUtopia chick was/is ridiculous.  I like how she was basically like "I've been around here FOREVER, I just don't post."  Ok, then you're still a newb, get over it.
    Posted by RobotLegs[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that really irritated me too. She was acting all holier than thou about the situation. Blech.
  • Also I'll ditto the deadutopia for saying how pointless every thread gets, and that people should just give their advice and move on.  However, she was being completely hypocritical as she continued to post in that thread arguing a dead point.  

I wasn't around too much this week because my aunt was here, so I guess my flames are lame too.  But I flame the bridal shower girl the other night who wanted to know if it was okay to invite people to the shower not invited to the wedding, then said we all didn't know what we were talking about because she lives in a small town that doesn't follow the rules.  I'm pretty sure she is the one who said I'm probably divorced too now and bitter about weddings.

Then the other girl who was questioning Emily Post as a source of etiquette, as she cited Wikipedia as a source of etiquette rules.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't mind disagreements, even heated ones. But if it goes back to the extreme other side, I've gotta bounce. I can't deal with that type of negativity in my life right now.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Because Wikipedia is right about everything, always.  Duh DNB!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Musical-did you watch "The Voice" by any chance? You FI totally looks like the country guy who sang on there; he was one of the first ones to sing. That is all.

Sorry for the FFF interruption.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:737506a4-eaca-486b-a55f-eee11084f4b6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind disagreements, even heated ones. But if it goes back to the extreme other side, I've gotta bounce. I can't deal with that type of negativity in my life right now.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

This. 

I don't mind heated debates, but I hate people just fighting, fighting, fighting for no reason other than that they dislike each other.  I don't find it entertaining, I just think it's sad.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I agree with LC that I haven't seen any regs really annoy me lately, and it seems to just be a pretty happy place around here now.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • LC, that's exactly it.  Everyone's just kinda getting along here right now.  Most of the "fighter" types are gone it seems like.  It's not the worst thing ever- I sort of enjoy drama, but it's a little stressful. 

Even when something about a reg pops into my head, it's usually so minor and stupid that I let it go and it doesn't bother me nearly enough to flame them.  The most I can get going lately is an eye roll.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:eb40d25b-6204-4cbc-b999-b0a00887a4fe">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : This.  I don't mind heated debates, but I hate people just fighting, fighting, fighting for no reason other than that they dislike each other.  I don't find it entertaining, I just think it's sad.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally agree. I get anxious when people fight for stupid reasons. </div>
  • Flame me for saying so, but I really like the puppies and rainbows and unicorn piss around here lately.
  • I remember when I used to get a knot in my stomach just seeing FFF pop up on Fridays.  haha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:7dde1af6-bfe5-4ec7-a018-a76511be3621">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Musical-did you watch "The Voice" by any chance? You FI totally looks like the country guy who sang on there; he was one of the first ones to sing. That is all. Sorry for the FFF interruption.
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I did watch it! But I can't really remember much of what that guy looked like.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:5a5fc00d-9a1b-4772-adf7-b8fb96a0085b">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]OH YEAH. I have one. For a reg. At least, I remember seeing her around as long as I've been around, though she posts kind of sporadically. Bubbalub seemed like a self righteous know it all yesterday when she was all "Do you know the political connitations of that name?" to Baystate. It's not like Bay wanted to name her kid Adolf Hitler Baystate. It's a pretty name and I think it was an unnecessary thing to get preachy about. And I'm sure Bubbalub didn't intend to be preachy, but that's just how it came off.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    What was the name? Goebbels?
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I also feel like since everything is so P&R lately that some might get their feelers hurt if they were flamed. And I'm like Kiki where when I see something it's usually just eyeroll worthy and I don't want to open a can of worms by flaming it.
  • I like that people are getting along, but I feel like I'm drowning in WR stuff lately.  That's all.  Sorry that I sort of hinted that I wanted a FFF (or similar thread like Unpop Ops or Confessions).  LDY, come back!  I'm thrilled that you started this thread.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-67?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a92f1019-f0da-4abb-928d-f8723f58cea5Post:fd7d8a45-4a6e-49e5-a841-9c787cd8f6b2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Flame me for saying so, but I really like the puppies and rainbows and unicorn piss around here lately.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Ditto - but a little drama never hurt anyone. I like to use newbs for that because my reg buddies haven't pissed me off recently. And it helps me learn more about the newbs, if they can take it, fight back etc or are just cool folk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards