Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How do we feel about this?

Re: How do we feel about this?

• Options
    i personally dont think any of the stuff TSA has implemented has made any of us any safer.

for example, are we really safer because our liquids are in a ziplock  bag?

why can moms bring fomula on the plane as an exception?  we all know the crazy terrorist suicide bombers will sacrifice anyone.  doesnt anyone see a terrorist bringing a baby on a plane and using the fomula exception as a way to get the bomb on?

are we really safer to have our carry ons and persons so intensely scrutinized, but our checked bags can have anythign they want? 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:5a9a5c26-f21a-401e-9ab8-30d23416ea76">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree Tide, but then you run the risk of people claiming to be profiled because they had to do the scanner or get a pat down. Someone is going to cry discrimination every time they get pulled out of line.
    Posted by waltzingmatilda13[/QUOTE]

they can cry discrimination all they want.  Tide you work for the state and are bound by the constitution.  TSA  is a private organization and can do whatever they want to - as long as the airlines/airports are paying them.

Snippy - I don't think that other countries have the target on our back that we have.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:d96f12df-b5f3-441f-aa80-79663db9c195">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I I know the US has more security concerns because we're the US, but other countries don't do this, and you don't see every plane flying from elsewhere to the US full of bad guys.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

The scanners have been in some UK airports for about a year now. And countries throughout the world (Canada, France, Netherlands, and Korea to name just a few) were placing orders for them last winter. I haven't followed up on that part of it, but I have no reason to believe they didn't actually get the scanners. They're not unique to the U.S.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:0accc0ee-4b46-4187-b662-840cc8b806dc">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : I agree with your last statement to an extent.  But only to an extent.  I just want them to find another way that doesn't involve my being naked for the person behind the computer or for them to get a free feel up.  Once again, not every country in the world does this, and if they can make sure no creepos get on the plane then why can't we?<strong> It's because we don't want to put the money into training that we should; we don't want to provide the TSA agents with proper compensation and we don't want to hire the right kind of people for this job.
    </strong>Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding, ding!

TSA is pretty much considered the "joke agency" of DHS, at least by other components of DHS. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:0accc0ee-4b46-4187-b662-840cc8b806dc">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : I agree with your last statement to an extent.  But only to an extent.  I just want them to find another way that doesn't involve my being naked for the person behind the computer or for them to get a free feel up.  Once again, not every country in the world does this, and if they can make sure no creepos get on the plane then why can't we? It's because we don't want to put the money into training that we should; we don't want to provide the TSA agents with proper compensation and we don't want to hire the right kind of people for this job.
    Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

I'm not aruging that we don't need to find another way, just that this is the reality and people opting out of scanning just to screw everyone else in line behind them is stupid. The TSA is on the defensive and just reacting to what happends instead of really looking into what makes sense for the long term.  If they took a step back and examined what every other country does, then made a decision, I think they would come up with a better solution. But in the mean time, people need to suck it up.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:262e28a3-fa61-40cc-89ed-c76f41202c15">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : they can cry discrimination all they want.  Tide you work for the state and are bound by the constitution.  TSA  is a private organization and can do whatever they want to - as long as the airlines/airports are paying them. Snippy - I don't think that other countries have the target on our back that we have.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

No, I work for the federal government. 

TSA is also a component of the federal government - Department of Homeland Security.  They cannot do whatever they want.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:ec154315-da54-4c78-9cea-ac4d10b9f042">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i personally dont think any of the stuff TSA has implemented has made any of us any safer. for example, are we really safer because our liquids are in a ziplock  bag? why can moms bring fomula on the plane as an exception?  we all know the crazy terrorist suicide bombers will sacrifice anyone.  doesnt anyone see a terrorist bringing a baby on a plane and using the fomula exception as a way to get the bomb on? <strong>are we really safer to have our carry ons and persons so intensely scrutinized, but our checked bags can have anythign they want? 
    </strong>Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

Actually, they do a lot of scanning of the checked bags too.  You've never seen that all of your stuff had been rifled through when you reached your destination?  You can check certain things that you can't carry on, but no , you still can't check things that are inflammable, an ax, etc. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:262e28a3-fa61-40cc-89ed-c76f41202c15">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : they can cry discrimination all they want.  Tide you work for the state and are bound by the constitution.  TSA  is a private organization and can do whatever they want to - as long as the airlines/airports are paying them. <strong>Snippy - I don't think that other countries have the target on our back that we have.</strong>

That's completely untrue.  Israel?  UK?  They've had more attacks than we.  Denmark?  Yup, them too.  France?  Yeah, them too.  Don't get it wrong Andy, there are a LOT of countries that have to worry about their safety.  We just make a bigger stink about it than anyone else.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:50a89390-7649-46c9-a7c0-41ee228306f5">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : No, I work for the federal government.  <strong>TSA is also a component of the federal government - Department of Homeland Security.  They cannot do whatever they want.
    </strong>Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  They aren't Halliburton :).
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of either option, and I'm pretty upset that I'm probably going to be facing the choice of either of them heading home this week. I don't think that the TSA should be looking at naked pictures of me or invasively feeling me up, and it's going to have a serious impact on how much I fly from now on.

I like my brother's approach to the whole thing - he follows the letter of the security laws, but tries to make it as ridiculous as possible, i.e. one bin per shoe and a different bin for the coat, and such. I've always been a fan of protest by farce.

As a result, this is how I think we should all dress for the airport (fast forward to 7:30):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxV6HUgQ0A8
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:6f6127f6-2511-4887-ba7e-b74cea0e12d5">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : Oh, I know.  I deal with it every day.  However, when we do patdowns, we have to be able to justify them, so people can cry discrimination all they want.  <strong>We still have a job to do.</strong>   
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Exactly. And that's why DH is so nice and respectful when he has his pat downs. He knows that agent isn't "getting his jollies off" (direct quote from DH) on doing the pat down, it's just a job. And it's just reality that DH has to have them. He's not bitter about it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:ec154315-da54-4c78-9cea-ac4d10b9f042">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i personally dont think any of the stuff TSA has implemented has made any of us any safer. for example, are we really safer because our liquids are in a ziplock  bag? why can moms bring fomula on the plane as an exception?  we all know the crazy terrorist suicide bombers will sacrifice anyone.  doesnt anyone see a terrorist bringing a baby on a plane and using the fomula exception as a way to get the bomb on? <strong>are we really safer to have our carry ons and persons so intensely scrutinized, but our checked bags can have anythign they want? 
    </strong>Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

I have wondered about that.  Obviously, I have no idea about how any of that works, but I would expect that something blowing up in the cargo area would cause some problems.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:4c568776-215b-4a64-98c0-8fba93d8f3b8">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : crap - I was totally incorrect - thank you for pointing that out.  OK well I kinda want to change my opinion then. <strong>They do need reasonable suspicion to select people to pat down</strong>.  Damn I did not know that. (ps - I didn't know you worked for the feds - that's awesome!!!)

That's my point - they probably SHOULD need reasonable suspicion, or at least articutable facts to pat someone down, but it doesn't appear that they are following that.  

I wonder what's going to happen in a few months when people start filing Congressional complaints and lawsuits for discrimination/sexual harassment/ etc.  If they aren't keeping records of who and why patdowns were performed, and the findings either positive or negative, they're screwing themselves.   
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:ec154315-da54-4c78-9cea-ac4d10b9f042">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i personally dont think any of the stuff TSA has implemented has made any of us any safer. for example, are we really safer because our liquids are in a ziplock  bag? why can moms bring fomula on the plane as an exception?  we all know the crazy terrorist suicide bombers will sacrifice anyone.  doesnt anyone see a terrorist bringing a baby on a plane and using the fomula exception as a way to get the bomb on? are we really safer to have our carry ons and persons so intensely scrutinized, but our checked bags can have anythign they want? 
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure checked bags are also heavily scanned. Haven't you ever had a bag with a sticker letting you know it was inspected by TSA? I sure have.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I've only ever flown once in my life, and it was for our honeymoon. I got freaked out both times that something was going to happen, so I would much rather go through this than have a hijacker on the plane. And I would go for the scanner than the pat down. I work closely with police officers who have to pat down the people we arrest, and even seeing that makes me uncomfortable. There is no way in hell someone who is not a police officer would do that to me, especially in a public place.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yeah I think they are going to need to implement that.  But couldn't you say (and this might sound ignorant) that refusing to submit to a search can give rise to reasonable suspicion?

The thing that is going to destroy this system (if it does in fact get destroyed) I think will be a PR nightmare if somebody who is famous gets their pics leaked.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:c8da586c-ce3e-4f0d-a519-72285b179408">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like my brother's approach to the whole thing - he follows the letter of the security laws, but tries to make it as ridiculous as possible, i.e. one bin per shoe and a different bin for the coat, and such. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxV6HUgQ0A8" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxV6HUgQ0A8</a>
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

I really hope I'm never behind your brother in a security line :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:686e861a-888e-4d9a-960a-a942c6c55ca3">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : The scanners have been in some UK airports for about a year now. And countries throughout the world (Canada, France, Netherlands, and Korea to name just a few) were placing orders for them last winter. I haven't followed up on that part of it, but I have no reason to believe they didn't actually get the scanners. They're not unique to the U.S.
    Posted by tenofcups4me[/QUOTE]

My dad hasn't mentioned them in flying out of Manchester, so I wasn't aware of that, thanks for educating me.

However, my point stands. The UK has long had security concerns, so they take your bags while you're checking in and x-ray them before you leave the counter. If there's anything suspicious, you're right there to be questioned. I think that's a better idea than how the US does it. Like Snippy said, they've had these problems for a while, whereas it feels like the US relatively recently went "oh shiit, they're out to get us" and started scrambling around for something, anything without really thinking things through to find the best solution. And some other countries have different/lower-key security measures, and like I said, terrorists aren't hopping every flight from other countries in order to get into US airspace to blow something up, so clearly it isn't *that* bad.
  • Options
    sure, the checked bags get looked at but not like the carryons.  but again, in this day of electronic devices, etc., couldnt someone have a large liquid bottle in their checekd bag (legal) and have it be some type of explosive triggered by a phone, laptop or other device?  it goes back to what someone said before - if they want to blow it up, tehy will.

i personally think planes are an old trick.  they've done it once, had a bigger result than they ever dreamed of, now tehy'll do somethign else because everyone is so focused on planes.

think of this.  someone could highjack a tanker full of fuel.  wouldnt be hard for just one terrorist to take over some poor trucker and then they have a pretty powerful weapon.  or what about amtrak?  someone could do somethign with that and set it off just as it pulls into penn station.  in fact, there have been train bombings in other parts of the world, and i'm pretty sure you can carry whatever you want onto trains.  the issue is that everyone is so focused on planes - adn the terrorists know it, that's why they'll never do anthing with planes again.  tehy're focusin on the things we arent focusing on.

and you'd be surprised at the crap people swallow or put where the sun dont shine in order to smuggle.  i would nto put it past someone to put a weapon in a cavity, then opt out of the body scanner for a pat down.
  • Options
    Checked bags are scanned by TSA before they are loaded onto the plane.

FWIW - I'm a big proponent of the need for security (obviously.)  Terrorists try to enter the country EVERY day, and are stopped at the borders.  The fact is that there are also terrorists living day-to-day here in the US that are also a threat.  Security needs to be at the forefront, but subjecting the 99% of the traveling public that is doing nothing wrong, to such scrutiny, is a waste of time and resources, IMO.  The money could/should better be spent on proper training to identify people who pose a risk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:4bf178e5-9b55-4aae-b20c-8ffc28b1781b">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only ever flown once in my life, and it was for our honeymoon. I got freaked out both times that something was going to happen, so I would much rather go through this than have a hijacker on the plane. And I would go for the scanner than the pat down. I work closely with police officers who have to pat down the people we arrest, and even seeing that makes me uncomfortable. There is no way in hell someone who is not a police officer would do that to me, especially in a public place.
    Posted by qwerty777[/QUOTE]

Qwerty, I'm not mean when I say this, but you know... people who fly as much as myself, my H, and others.. well, we have figured out a long time ago that if the plane is going to go down, it's not going to go down because some whack job got something on the plane or got himself on the plane.  It's going to be because there's something wrong with the PLANE itself or something happens with the pilots making an error.  Not all flight related accidents are about terrorists.  And there are a LOT of planes that go down that you never even hear about. 

If a terrorist wanted, he could get you on the highway to grandma's house. It doesn't have to be a plane.
  • Options
    Calypso, we are eye to eye. I think the likelihood of another big terrorist attack via plane is small compared to an attack on, say, a major metropolitan transit system.  One of the largest transit hubs in the DC area is right under/outside of the Pentagon. There are no scanners and or metal detectors there at all. 

Also FWIW, as a frequent flyer, knowing that there is a high likelihood that someone on my flight is a Federal Marshal makes me feel a lot safer than the TSA security measures do.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:7f40365d-9113-4745-b8be-0a3f6a454993">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Checked bags are scanned by TSA before they are loaded onto the plane. FWIW - I'm a big proponent of the need for security (obviously.)  Terrorists try to enter the country EVERY day, and are stopped at the borders.  The fact is that there are also terrorists living day-to-day here in the US that are also a threat.  Security needs to be at the forefront, but subjecting the 99% of the traveling public that is doing nothing wrong, to such scrutiny, is a waste of time and resources, IMO.  The money could/should better be spent on proper training to identify people who pose a risk.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on the money.  I think they need to be smarter about who they search. 

Ugh I think I'm just so nervous for Wednesday and the shiitstorm that is going to happen!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:eaa636a3-e077-4bb6-96fc-6958a8680e64">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah I think they are going to need to implement that.  <strong>But couldn't you say (and this might sound ignorant) that refusing to submit to a search can give rise to reasonable suspicion?</strong> The thing that is going to destroy this system (if it does in fact get destroyed) I think will be a PR nightmare if somebody who is famous gets their pics leaked.

I don't know TSA's governing laws, but at least for us, you cannot refuse to submit to a search.  At least, not if you want to enter the country.  If one were to, we would be justified in delaying an individual until we were satisfied that the person did not pose a threat. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:eaf0d31c-6d10-436e-8f4b-300ef04d34ff">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : Qwerty, I'm not mean when I say this, but you know... people who fly as much as myself, my H, and others.. well, we have figured out a long time ago that if the plane is going to go down, it's not going to go down because some whack job got something on the plane or got himself on the plane.  It's going to be because there's something wrong with the PLANE itself or something happens with the pilots making an error.  Not all flight related accidents are about terrorists.  And there are a LOT of planes that go down that you never even hear about.  If a terrorist wanted, he could get you on the highway to grandma's house. It doesn't have to be a plane.

Yeah, I know that's more logical than what I kept thinking when I was on the plane. At the same time, if I had worried about something being wrong with the plane, I would have freaked out at every single noise and movement.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mandapanda, exactly.  honestly, a plane is the safest place to be right now IMO.
  • Options
    I'm just glad that I decided to fly on Thursday morning rather than Wednesday evening.  I don't care how you feel about the scanners, it's mean to do the opt out protest on the busiest travel day of the year.  I feel less sympathetic to protesters when they pull stunts that are inconvenient to the innocent/uninvolved.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:eaf0d31c-6d10-436e-8f4b-300ef04d34ff">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : Qwerty, I'm not mean when I say this, but you know... people who fly as much as myself, my H, and others.. well, we have figured out a long time ago that if the plane is going to go down, it's not going to go down because some whack job got something on the plane or got himself on the plane.  It's going to be because there's something wrong with the PLANE itself or something happens with the pilots making an error.  Not all flight related accidents are about terrorists.  And there are a LOT of planes that go down that you never even hear about.  If a terrorist wanted, he could get you on the highway to grandma's house. It doesn't have to be a plane.

Cosigned,
    me

From the very little I've seen of this being discussed on here, it seems like a lot of the people who're saying that they're fine with the measures and prefer safety are people who don't fly often. I realize that's a total generalization, but I do think there might be a correlation - I fly a lot, so it's just a normal part of my life and not something special where I'm thinking about worst case scenarios.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:a5958bbc-e462-445f-b5b2-f583fde5999c">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we feel about this? : Cosigned, me From the very little I've seen of this being discussed on here, it seems like a lot of the people who're saying that they're fine with the measures and prefer safety are people who don't fly often. I realize that's a total generalization, but I do think there might be a correlation - I fly a lot, so it's just a normal part of my life and not something special where I'm thinking about worst case scenarios.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

Gives the IN high five. ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_feel-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a99cf7fa-be13-4975-be3a-33b34025cff3Post:9ad82fbb-b6b8-47d9-aa34-454b1ff990ed">Re: How do we feel about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just glad that I decided to fly on Thursday morning rather than Wednesday evening.  I don't care how you feel about the scanners, it's mean to do the opt out protest on the busiest travel day of the year.  I feel less sympathetic to protesters when they pull stunts that are inconvenient to the innocent/uninvolved.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

That's kinda the point of something like this, though. Protesting that isn't inconvenient doesn't really accomplish anything.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards