Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Night people bat signal

Anyone around?  I've finally given up on unpacking and organzing for the day and am relaxing on the couch.  It would be fantastic if I weren't getting gassed out by one of my dogs, if not both of them.  

I feel like I made some major progress today since I assembled the shelving unit I bought for the garage, and then put all of the kitchen appliances on there that we ran out of room for.  It had been sitting on the floor outside my kitchen for like a week now so I feel a million times better that it's gone now.  I also finally unpacked all of my wine glasses so now I don't have to drink wine out of large drinkning glasses anymore.  

What are you guys up to?
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Night people bat signal

• Options
    Hi!

I am exhausted.  After spending an hour sweeping the patio of a gazillion leaves and acorns, I realized that Berkeley rolled in something decaying in the backyard.  I had to give her not one but two baths, and the smell isn't completely gone.  It isn't easy wrestling a dog back into a bathtub after she already got one just 20 minutes earlier.  My arms are dead.  Dumb dog.
  • Options
    hey beach remember when the night threads started at... night?  like 8pm?  just kidding.
    I'm around.  I went thrifting today and found NOTHING.  very disappointing.  So now I am wineless on the couch.  I need to cut back on the wine.  I am getting to be a chunk.  Well, that and we just don't have any more.
    Oh, I got a text from my MIL today saying that she wants to knit me a shrug and needs measurements.....ASAP.  um... 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I just finished my third test in two days, and I'm getting ready to head home. H is pissed that the house is a mess, but I came in early to meet with a study group. Plus, I'm not the one who keeps giving the dog stuffed chew toys when he has a reputation for unstuffing them in under five minutes.

I think I would like your tall drinking glass of wine.
  • Options
    oh we do have a bottle that I bought for FIL.  It's been here since November, I'm guessing H isn't going to send it.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I need wine.  I think I'm going to pour myself some very soon.
  • Options
    KJB, obviously it's up for grabs.
  • Options
    Hey everyone.

I might need to have a drink tonight. It has been a little too busy at work and I have had DCF taking residence in my office for 2 hours today and over an hour yesterday. Not the part of my job I like.

I'm getting ready to make pizza rolls for dinner. They are easy and FI loves them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha Kelly I knew it was early but I'm really bored right now.  I need to cut back on my food and alcohol intake.  I am the highest weight I've been I think ever, and I feel disgusitng.  My body is completely exhausted right now and my shoulder is a mess from carrying boxes and stuff, but I will start working out again as soon as I feel better.  I've been doing better about eating though lately which is at least a start.  

Mica I freaking hate when the dogs find stuff in the yard.  Last week they found a dead bird and were both rolling in it.  So not only did I get to bathe both dogs and clean collars, I got to get rid of a dead bird in the yard.  Luckily it was garbage day so it didn't sit there long.

Special- now with both dogs they destroy anything with stuffing very fast.  When it was just Stewie he would have toys that lasted years.  Now we got Phoebe and she is helping destroy every toy one by one.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    so who wants to come with me to my local winery march 7?  they are having a wine seminar with wine and cheese pairings with the winemaker.  I want to go.  H has to work :(  boo him.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Hiya!  
    I'm here.  Stopped by the grocery store and they now carry more flavors of Chobani.  I have apple-cinnamon and strawberry banana.  It's sad that I'm excited about that :).

Glad you made good progress Beachy!  

I would love to have some wine, but I'm going ot pass tonight.  I always end up opening a bottle, having a glass or two, then not drinking the rest of it.  And I've packed all my wine stoppers already.
  • Options
    Well Loopy clearly the solution is to drink the whole bottle.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'd love to go Kel, but I'll be in sunny Mexico :(.
  • Options
    Hello ladies!

Has anyone else seen Face Off on syfy (still hate that name)?  It's amazing and completely addictive.
  • Options
    Beachy - I just might do that... on FRIDAY.  Doesn't bode well for work tomorrow if I do it today :).
  • Options
    I wish I lived closer to you, KJB.  I'd be there in a minute.
  • Options
    Muni, what's it about?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's a special effects makeup artists reality competition.  holy balls it's fascinating.  There's a marathon of it on right now.
  • Options
    Helloooo everyone. Crazy few weeks here... gave my 2 week notice at work yesterday and it went over better than I thought. They are covering my position from within with one of the few coworkers I actually really like, so I'm happy since I know she wasn't happy with her current position.

I have a major state exam Saturday and I'm super nervous. I have already gone through the study guide and did alright, but it's so small in comparison to the actual test that I'm kind of freaking out internally over it.

Annnd I'm trying to put together a lesson plan for my first observation, which is on Monday. I'm teaching conversions for cooking in a food & nutrition class - I think I am going to have the students making trail mix using a recipe I found online (3 kinds of goldfish, dried fruit bits, and white chocolate pieces), pending my cooperating teacher's approval. Yay.

Also, I brought my laptop to work so I could do homework. Dummy me forgot the charging cord at home. D'oh!
  • Options
    My neck is still killing me.  It seems better during the day, then in the later afternoon it starts hurting again.  Maybe I'll have someone in the pain clinic inject me tomorrow at work :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    KJB, do you do any stretching to help it?  
  • Options
    Kelly- Glad it went well for you. Do you have another job lined up? Or are you just taking a break for awhile?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yeah i've been trying stretches, I thought it was getting better since it barely hurt all day, but now it started up again :(
    Photobucket
  • Options
    If you have Time Warner Cable, there's a vinyasa flow level 1 class that has nice gentle stretching.  It might help
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-people-bat-signal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:acf6ecc4-1897-484d-9e69-3f1409cbea62Post:3ef2129f-ae36-49eb-8936-597489ec8040">Re: Night people bat signal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kelly- Glad it went well for you. Do you have another job lined up? Or are you just taking a break for awhile?
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

I am tutoring at school right now, plus doing some dog training on the side. Leaving my regular job (6 hours on M, W, every other F nights, plus split Saturdays) actually frees up time for me to do more dog training, which is better pay for less time invested. Plus, it's just not a pleasant environment at work anymore, and this will allow me to focus more on school (this is the toughest semester of my program).

December I'd have to leave anyway to accomodate student teaching, so I'm just jumping the gun on that by 10 months or so. hehe.
  • Options
    we have directv:(  I wish I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, it is super busy.  
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Good luck KellyB.  Sounds like the right change to make right now for you.
  • Options
    We are watching a documentary and it is making me cry. It is about a guy who was paralyzed in Iraq and came home and the scene that got me was when his mother and he go to say goodbye to his brother who was deploying. I was getting my sobshake on for sure. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-people-bat-signal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:acf6ecc4-1897-484d-9e69-3f1409cbea62Post:6e45fa74-6e23-441f-ba9f-46b372ef294d">Re: Night people bat signal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck KellyB.  Sounds like the right change to make right now for you.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

I agree that it sounds like a good thing.

What are you wanting to teach?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at work until 8pm.  Boo.  But sleeping in this morning was nice.  Until the lawnmowers woke me up.  I guess that's the downside to living somewhere with awesome weather.  The grass gets mowed year freaking round.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I'm sitting here watching Jeopardy.  I wasn't going to boot up my laptop tonight, but a friend's mom is in the hospital and I wanted to check to see if there was a FB update.  My cousin is also at the hospital having a baby, so I'm waiting for pictures to be posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards