Wedding Etiquette Forum

I see you! -- Happy Sunday

Morning!  How has everyone's weekend gone?

We haven't done anything and it's been faaaabulous.  Though I did use my Wii Fit yesterday and it was super fun.

Re: I see you! -- Happy Sunday

• Morning. 
     I tried X-Box kinex this weekend with Tofu and UK Yankee and it was great fun. 

I also spent 3 hours in Harrods looking for a damn teapot.  I never went to the home good floor before and damn there is some weird shitt there for a crap ton of money. 
  • Hi! We spent a glorious Fl winter's day outside yesterday at the Highland Games. Today, we're resting because we're all still recovering from our illnesses and such.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Morning! We are fighting teething in our house but at least we got some sleep last night so maybe we will actually SEE teeth soon. 

Today we are going for breakfast at WHole Foods, a long walk around Town Lake, and then lunch at Salt LIck BBQ. They have beef ribs on Sundays and I'm so excited. They are so big, I feel like wilma flintstone eating them, but OMG they are awesome. Like meat candy. I can't wait!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sarah - we're, well I am anyway, into homeopathic treatments as first options and I found that the Baltic Amber teething necklace has worked well for BB. Now to be fair, I don't know for sure if she was an "easy" teether to begin with because I had already ordered it waiting to use it when the first signs started so she's been in it pretty much non-stop (not naps/bedtime of course) since she was 6 months old.

• Good morning! 
    I just got back from taking FI to the airport.So now I'm up ungodly early..there may be a nap in my near future. 
    Yesterday I had my dres fitting then went to see the FILs. Good times were had by all. 
    I think today I'm going to go shopping. Yay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_see-happy-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b90626f2-17de-4943-85dd-dd3fb5f1236bPost:cd99891a-88bc-48fc-934c-75665537ba93">Re: I see you! -- Happy Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah - we're, well I am anyway, into homeopathic treatments as first options and I found that the Baltic Amber teething necklace has worked well for BB. Now to be fair, I don't know for sure if she was an "easy" teether to begin with because I had already ordered it waiting to use it when the first signs started so she's been in it pretty much non-stop (not naps/bedtime of course) since she was 6 months old.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]
    We have one of those, in bracelet form and I keep it on his ankle so he can't chew it. He can wear it overnight too like that. Its not helping as much, though, so I broke down and got some hylands teething tablets last night. AMAZING! I love those things. I want to buy stock in the company. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Time to keep chugging on laundry. The ravens play at 1 today and as much as I love us winning, being in the playoffs is hard on me. I don't enjoy watching the games, I am too afraid to ever talk smack, and my favorite players jersey I have? I don't ever wear it because the two times I did we lost.

I CAN'T BE A GOOD FOOTBALL FAN I AM TOO WEAK. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_see-happy-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b90626f2-17de-4943-85dd-dd3fb5f1236bPost:e60f2867-5174-4029-877b-965aa1f4fb73">Re: I see you! -- Happy Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Time to keep chugging on laundry. The ravens play at 1 today and as much as I love us winning, being in the playoffs is hard on me. I don't enjoy watching the games, I am too afraid to ever talk smack, and my favorite players jersey I have? I don't ever wear it because the two times I did we lost.<strong> I CAN'T BE A GOOD FOOTBALL FAN I AM TOO WEAK. </strong>
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

<div>Hey, at least your team made it to the playoffs! </div><div>Our team kind of sucks. :)</div>
  • Good morning!

I have plans to make sourdough bread today as well as a big Cuban dinner (roast pork, black beans and rice).  Today is going to be a bunch of cooking and football.  Yay!
  • Good morning.  H woke me up as he was getting up to watch the replays of last night's games.  I have a migraine for the fourth day in a row, so I'm waiting for the meds to kick in.

Good luck, Rosie!  I'm hoping your Ravens win.  But all bets are off if they win and play the Pats next weeks.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_see-happy-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b90626f2-17de-4943-85dd-dd3fb5f1236bPost:73e1e448-db8d-4c1f-a4ff-1531b969115a">Re: I see you! -- Happy Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning.  H woke me up as he was getting up to watch the replays of last night's games.  I have a migraine for the fourth day in a row, so I'm waiting for the meds to kick in. Good luck, Rosie!  I'm hoping your Ravens win.  But all bets are off if they win and play the Pats next weeks.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Good morning!

Yea Rosie, I am with Bay on this one.

We are having pancakes for breakfast- I can't wait. I haven't had an actual "sunday" breakfast with Ell in forever.
  • Morning all,

I am the only one up in the house besides the Golden who is at my feet.  I just put Monkey Bread in the oven, I am sure that will draw FI out of bed.  If not, more for me!
    We did not go anywhere yesterday and it felt so good.  We cleaned and cleaned.  Today we need to pack for Ft Myers Beach.  With the zero degrees it is out there today I could use some toes in the sand, sun on my cheeks thoughts!

• Nikki -- awesome game or WHAT last night?!

Ski, I have never had Monkey Bread but everyone tells me that it is to die for.

• Morning everyone!

I saw some old friends yesterday for lunch from high school and we had a nice time. FI and I stayed in last night and had some yummy cheese dip and played board games.

I need to clean but I have a feeling I will postpone it till tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bay, very easy to make.  And very good to eat. 

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/monkey-bread-3/detail.aspx

Tell us more about your trip, favorite meal, favorite moment!  I am a sucker for travel stories.  Love them!
  • Mr B might watch the game, but I'll live without it. I will be watching Once Upon a Time, though! Srah - I've heard very good things about the Hyland stuff. Guess I was fortunate to not have to use anything extra. Y'all, we had the most AMAZING food yesterday! Chocolate shortbread, whisky apple sauce on bread pudding and meat pies. O.M.G.

• Mica, can you provide recipe for Sourdough bread?  That is the bread of choice in this household.  Your dinner sounds delicious.
  • Thanks, Ski!  I'll have to try it sometime.

Favorite moments were all with H.  On the third day we were there, he woke up at 6:30 AM because of the rocking of the waves, and because we were almost to Mexico (and on Central Time), we went up to the top deck in our PJs and watched the sun rise over the Gulf, with hot cocoa.  It was really beautiful and I'm so glad we did it.

Favorite meal...I'm not sure.  My BIL is WAY more adventurous than I am (food-wise) and he tried anything that sounded exotic, including escargot, fried alligator, and conch fritters.  I give him credit.

• Morning everyone!  I'm debating whether or not I should bust out our new waffle maker and surprise FI with Sunday waffles... the problem is that I've never used it before, and I haven't decided whether I'm up for the hassle yet.  Thoughts from those with waffle makers?

Oh, and although I'm from a Giants family, I have to throw in a quick "yay Patriots!" because I love them.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Mrs B and Sarah, you both are good mommas.  The teething part is such a challenge.  It sounds like you both work very hard at making your little ones comfortable.  All I remember from that time period is giving them a frozen teething ring to knaw on and oragel on their little gums.  My times have changed.

Bay, that is a great memory!  Sunrises and sunsets are the best, especially in your pj's.  I love conch fritters.  Good for your BIL for being adventerous.  Me, not so much.  I stick to foods I know.  Lame, party of me!
  • This is the recipe I'm using.  I'm crossing my fingers that it works!  I have been raising the starter for a couple weeks!

http://www.joejaworski.com/bread/bread1.htm

If the starter makes a successful bread, I plan on making sourdough monkey bread next week.

• Waffles sound good. I think I need a waffle maker.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning! I'm meeting krups, beanie, and MUN1 in a couple of hours!
  • Morning. Today is the final moving day. Some friends and my parents will be here in a couple hours to help load all of the furniture. I'm ready to be out of limbo between the 2 places.
  • Steph, DO IT!  I got a waffle maker for christmas and made my first batch on Wednesday night.  Super easy and delicious!  Easy clean up to since it is a non stick surface.  Be sure to fill the square full but not over the top.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_see-happy-sunday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b90626f2-17de-4943-85dd-dd3fb5f1236bPost:7c9e084a-88f6-422b-904c-668f86d2fa37">Re: I see you! -- Happy Sunday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Waffles sound good. I think I need a waffle maker.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>We registered for it - it was FI's only registry request - and someone bought it for us for our engagement party.  FI has used it a few times, but I haven't gotten a chance to yet.  Everyone talking about delicious recipes is starting to make me feel like I should though!</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I think we will register for one then. I was debating.

Aleigh - I'm sure you guys will have a great time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi all!

Steph--go for it. It's super easy. Just make pancake batter like you ordinarily would and pour a cup in the waffle maker instead. 

Ugh. I've had a crappy week.  I'm on my boss's radar at work because a client (completely unfairly) complained about me.   He said that I had never called him to discuss his case despite my having taken COPIOUS notes during the 30 minute talk that we had less than 24 hours earlier.  Boss is being really unfair about it and wants to observe me talking to my clients to make sure I'm not being rude to them. I'm learning quickly that there is a very pervasive "they'll fire you at the drop of a hat" culture at this firm......Not a fan.  

Then this weekend (this is the really bad news) my best friend was supposed to become an uncle for the first time.  The baby was born and immediately had to be intubated because it wouldn't breathe. Now it's been two days and he has been having strokes and seizures and it's not looking like he'll survive.   I feel so terrible for him and his whole family and I also feel helpless. I don't know what to do for him if anything.  
  • I used to make waffles all the time when I was growing up.  I don't have a waffle maker now, and I don't even know if H likes waffles.  He didn't like pancakes until Bay sent me pancake mix.  I'll bet he'd like waffles.  Maybe that'll be my next culinary purchase.

Of course, right now I am spilling out of my rental kitchen with cooking stuff.  I just bought a stovetop smoker and a pressure cooker.  Darn all of these interesting recipes that require specialty cookware.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards