Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Saturday morning

Re: Saturday morning

• Options
    Guys, I think I just talked my best friend into doing a one-day beginner's workshop with me.  SCORE.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Dammit, after reading this I want to go to Southpoint and spend money.  That mall is amazing. But it's 50 minutes away from where I currently live.  Boo.  We are looking to buy a house somewhere on the west side of town soon though, so then i will be closer!
  • Options
    I'm on my lunch break of class. This class is awesome. I finished the evening thread and I think a Nms thread wouldnt work unless we ban vague knotting. Call people out from what you remember from their weddings, don't just make a generalization because otherwise it will just turn into an UO or TK irritations thread.
  • Options
    Sometimes strippers are completely normal people without drug issues... Diablo Cody being a prime example.
  • Options
    Eh, maybe. This might sound weird but I have several friends who lead totally normal lives and always did, who were strippers. I just feel like "normal" people are more prevalent in that profession than people think. Of course there are plenty of hot messes, as well. Haha. At one time, not sure if it is the case anymore, but Vegas had more strippers migrating from MN than anywhere else. Not sure how they measured that though.
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    MuSu, you've never been to the 4 Mile.  Or Jake's, before it closed.  CLEARLY.

(this is a joke.  I know there are normal strippers.  I'M JUST SAYING THERE AREN'T AROUND MAYOVILLE)

• Options
    Hi again Ladies...

I was reading my kindle with My Cousin Vinny on...and I fell asleep...

I was half awake, in that state where things around you enter your dream...which is normally fine, but apparently Inception came on tv after Vinny ended.  Talk about a mindfuck.
  • Options
    I never dream about things that could possibly be normal and actually happen.  Thanks, Singulair.

My toes now look like a strip club, and youtube is teaching me to belly dance.  I was going to finish cleaning, but then H came home and I got distracted, then I sat back down and it was all over.

• Options
    No dear, just glitter.  If I had dollar bills and blow, my toes would be the last place I'd put them.

• Options
    My ILs just dropped by unannounced, gave us tons of junk from their house (high school trophies and random stuff H left at their house over the years).  Oh, and their dog (kept off-leash) chased after my neighbors' cat.  Sigh.

My house is full of junk.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba9d980f-7475-4102-8560-c1dc459f1ddbPost:4635601b-3d56-4a8a-9e19-6c80c0e4c25a">Re: Saturday morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]My ILs just dropped by unannounced, gave us tons of junk from their house (high school trophies and random stuff H left at their house over the years).  Oh, and their dog (kept off-leash) chased after my neighbors' cat.  Sigh. My house is full of junk.  
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

My inlaws do this too. I hate it. If my H hasn't collected this shiiit from your house since he graduated high school a decade ago I think you can go ahead and throw it away.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My ILs also do that.  So irritating.  Sorry Mica.

• Options
    I officially love yoga.  I wish I could do it every day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I hate junk too. My parents try to give me whatever they don't want anymore. I don't need any more stuff. I'm glad you liked it Adamar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay, Adamar!  I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

• Options
    I refuse to take junk from my in laws now.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I love yoga too.

H swears he'll throw everything out.  Thank goodness.  But ugh.  I wish I had it in me to turn this place into a home.  Having junk here from my in laws is not helping me transform anything.
  • Options
    I smell like lavender now.  I like it.

I keep going over the come to Jesus talk that I/my mom need to with my dad about the horses.  This shiiit's not going to fly when I'm living there.

• Options
    Hey guys! Didn't realize this was still going.

I went out to have lunch with a friend today, and it was really good just to get away from the house for a bit. I took Lucy and she was in heaven with all the new smells and people and experiences. Allen dropped me off at my friends place, then I walked across town with Lucy, took the train and then the bus home. She was really good! I'll be able to do that again since she did so well.
  • Options
    My cousin is getting married right now and I'm a little bummed I wasn't invited. Apparently her mom invited my parents in person and implied that they/we could go. Yah, no. I'm not just going to go and hope that they meant to include me.

I've read some of what has happened, Adamar. Does you dad not know about horses? Or he knows and is not doing what he should be?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FMIL is a bit of a hoarder too, but now she's decided to get rid of everything.  It's good, but I wish she'd just throw it out or give it to the Salvation Army rather than try to fill our home with crap.
  • Options
    That sucks, Petal.  I try to be understanding of people's guest lists, but it's definitely still disappointing when you don't get invited to a wedding you would have liked to go to.

How was your birthday lunch, at least?  That was today, right?  Or did you say it was tomorrow?  Or am I making things up completely?  I've been known to do that from time to time.

• Options
    Oh he knows.  I've told him plenty of times.  He's just lazy and doesn't see the point in putting shavings in the stalls because it makes them harder to clean (!).  Putting them in the paddock with the busted up shed yesterday was the straw that broke it for me.  My mom is incredibly generous to let him live there, but if he can't do shiiit right then he needs to GTFO.

• Options
    It was good, thanks. My grandpa came too since my grandmother is out of town at the wedding. I'm not sure if she even got an official invite. I also bought a few clothing items so yay.

I think they are trying to keep it low key since she was married before against the wishes of the family to a douche bag. I think her intentions are to not act gift grabby or AW but I don't think that way. Oh well.

I know we have moved on but I took a belly dancing class once and it was so much fun. Great for your abs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Guys, I have a playing with trolls problem. 

• Options
    Adamar, what do shavings do for the horses? I'm not familiar with any of that so I'm just curious. 
  • Options
    OMG Eagles. Was it last week that your boss's son was stinking up the place? What's wrong with people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_saturday-morning-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ba9d980f-7475-4102-8560-c1dc459f1ddbPost:ec0c8ce0-268b-4dd6-bf40-354c2aaef316">Re: Saturday morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did a customer just change her kid's shitty diaper in the back of my store?  Yep, she did.  I'm trying to not barf. <strong>Adamar, jab him with a pitchfork. </strong>
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Good plan.  I do have quite the selection to choose from.</div>

• Options
    Gross, Eags.  What is with your workplace and its bad smells?  Not ok.

• Options
    It's like bedding a hamster's cage.  It's something to soak up the pee and give them a little more cushion in the stall.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards