North Carolina

Hey lurkers...

Come out, come out wherever you are!Do we have any new shy brides-to-be on our board? Come on in & introduce yourself! If you've been around for more than a day, you know we're a friendly board :)

Re: Hey lurkers...

• edited December 2011
    Yes! Come out! I've seen a few new names lately...
  • edited December 2011
    Hi girls! I've posted on here a few times, but figured this was a good way to introduce myself.I am planning my January 2, 2010 wedding in Raleigh. Our wedding is being based around a snowflake theme with our colors being ivory, silver, and various shades of blue. We have been planning for about a year and are ready for our day to be here!I am also graduating from UNC in December - yet another reason why I cannot wait for winter!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes come out we dont bite :D
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome fellow Tarheel!
  • edited December 2011
    welcome to the board Wallyson and congrats on the upcoming Wedding and graduation. Busy winter of ya!!!
  • edited December 2011
    YAY! Another Tarheel! I'm a 2004 BA Biology grad!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I've noticed quite a few Tarheels on here! I'm graduating with a BA in Sociology - not really much of a marketable degree, so I hope I will be able to find a job.
  • edited December 2011
    My BA in Biology wasn't marketable for my interests either - so I'm now in Pharmacy School. :)
  • cmoffett205cmoffett205 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi all, I'm Courtney. I'm new to the NC board. I have been mostly on the Destination Board since we are having a Destination Wedding in Puerto Rico. We are getting married 11/6/09 in Old San Juan. FI and I live in Asheville. You all seem like a great group of ladies with a lot of great info.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Courtney - we're going on our honeymoon to Puerto Rico - FI's family is from there.  Where in San Juan are you getting married??
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking about getting my MA in Teaching, but with the way teachers are getting laid off right now I think I might put it off for a while. I'm not even sure if teaching is what I really want to do, so we'll see what happens. I'm interning with a really great company now and I really hope to be offered a position here!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey to all!!! Wallyson dont let the economy discourage u if you decide you DO want to teach, teachers were laid off here in CLT but then hired back a month or so later after a new budget was passed... geez. Anyway you'd probably be just fine esp with a teaching degree! I'd love to go back for my license... though everyone says I just want to teach for the summers off ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board Wallyson and Courtney :) Laud, thanks for luring these lurkers into the light!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Courtney! :) Welcome. Puerto Rico sounds awesome! Congrats!
  • Pocahontas330Pocahontas330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies!!I have definitely been a lurker...LOL! I am definitely a bit intimidated by some of the boards as some of them can get waaay too intense.Anywho... I am getting married march of 2010 at the Embassy Suites in Cary. Im super excited but kinda stressed at the same time. Thanks for bringing me out of lurker status :-)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Wallyson and Courtney!  Love to see some another tarheel!  I graduated in '02 w/ Political Science & International Studies -- don't worry I was able to find a job (in the post 9/11 downturn) that did not require me to go immediately back to grad school...that came later :) Good luck to both of you in your planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Pocahontas!  Don't worry, the ladies on this board are all really nice...not scary like others!
  • dmcompar1dmcompar1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I live in Burlington, NC! Planning our Nov. 28, 2009 wedding in Savannah, GA so I only lurk here for local things! Graduated from UNCC and I am a teacher! :) Yay, I finally came out! hehe! :):):):)
  • cmoffett205cmoffett205 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the welcom ladies! Grace, We're getting married at the El Convento Hotel in Old San Juan. I just fell in LOVE with it when we went on a research trip in Feb. The wedding has totally changed from what it started out as but I am so excited (and stressed:-). It'll be here soon. Ladies and rec for a photographer in the Asheville Area to take my boudoir pics?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome Ladies! Post often, we love new people! yay for coming out, I remember when i use to lurk. haha!
  • chloe642chloe642 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, all. My name is Heather and I am planning a wedding in Asheville for either July 30 or Aug 6 of next year. I am waiting to find out which date both my preferred venue (The Fields at Blackberry Cove) and my preferred photographer (Aaron Imaging) are available. Other than that, I don't have much planning done. I live in Tampa, FL, so it will mostly be done from a distance, although I do have some family near Asheville who can help out a bit. :) I do know my colors are teal, black and white. I want black and white damask details. That's about it. Thanks for the warm welcome. :) Heather
  • allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Welcome new ladies! Glad you all posted! Always nice to see new "faces!"
  • edited December 2011
    I have posted a couple times here and there on this board. I am Diane. Just moved from the Northern part of WV (right outside of Pittsburgh) this past January. Living with my FI in a little town called Pfafftown. I am working PRN at a nursing home as a LPN and full time I work as a Program Coordinator on the MR/DD side at Maxim Healthcare. FI & I will tie the knot August 7, 2010 with a very small guest list (under 50), a taco bar, fruit tray, cake, an uneven wedding party, and fuschia and orange daisies!!! My cousin is doing my E-Pics and Wedding Photos as a gift(he is an amzing photographer), FIs mom is going to help me make the bouquets, and I am going to work on a slide show presentation!!!!!!!!!!!I usually am on the August 2010 board.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to all the newbies! Yay for more tar heels and another November bride! Oh and if you are worried about a sociology degree...I got JOURNALISM!!! Talk about useless. I have a stacked resume but I can pretty much kiss my newspaper career goodbye unless I am willing to take a pay cut every year for the rest of my life!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Laud. I am randomly lurking today.
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • maryfmacmaryfmac member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All, I am a total lurker! What a nice opportunity to come out from the shadows. Although we both live in Madison, Wisconsin (I'm in grad school), we're native Charlotteans getting married in Asheville, NC (we tried to make our wedding planning as complicated as possible! Ha!) Our wedding date is 6/12/10. You all have great ideas and I've enjoying checking out all your planning! -Mary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards