Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Friday Night!

Hey all! How was everyone's day?

My interview went great! They really liked me, but they've got to figure out what to do with me and which office to place me in. They're going to think about it over the weekend and hopefully I'll hear something next week.

I do not have a job offer yet, but I can feel it'll work out. Keep positive job vibes coming!

Re: Friday Night!

• Options
    Yo yo yo!

Congrats on your good interview, that would be so awesome for you, fingers crossed!

I was supposed to be meeting some knotties up in the MSP tonight but I can't now because my battery is dead :(

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Dude, where was this an hour ago!?

Congratulations on the good interview, what a great way to end the week!
    I'm getting ready to leave her in 37 minutes and have a glass of wine.
  • Options
    That's awesome, mk! You'll get it, I know it.

H and I went to Olive Garden earlier, ate at like 4 because we are old people. Now we're going to watch a movie. Not sure which one, maybe Killer Elite, or Moneyball if it's out.
  • Options
    MK congratulations, that's awesome news.
  • Options
    I'm glad it went well MK. It must have been the new digs ;)

I think I'm going to relax and go to bed early. I have been staying up too late and I felt like I was falling asleep all day today at work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have this weird rash, and it doesn't itch or hurt or anything, but it won't go away.

WHAT DO I DO???

• Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    Get tested for STD's JK?

That sucks about your car.

I totally don't want to get my hopes up. It was hard trying to explain my desire to work in an office full of engineers when I had previously been working in hotels.
  • Options
    Is it little dots?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    edited January 2012
    Ok for serious what does the rash look like J?
  • Options
    It's red, raised blotches of varying sizes.  I've never seen anything like it. 

• Options
    Fingers crossed mk!

I'm working on yearbook while Shane cooks us some dinner. Don't know what it is, but hey, I didn't have to deal with it. After dinner I'll swap over to grad school work. I really should do that while I'm uploading pictures. ::sigh::
  • Options
    Oh crap, I should have posted about it on Chit Chat.  That's the medical advice board.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:3a2373d9-58f7-4c75-89ba-3dffee488046">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]J I CAN'T INTERNET DIAGNOSE YOU WITH MY MIND.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]!

WOULD YOU LIKE A PICTURE?

• Options
    We're just hanging out tonight and catching up on tv shows. 

Good luck on the job MK!

J&K- what else have you planned for the year of dates? 

• Options
    Hi!

Yay, MK!

How long has the rash been there?  And have you tried hydrocortisone cream yet?
  • Options
    Dude, if I call the doctor, they're going to tell me to come in.  When I tell them I can't until Feb because of my insurance, they're going to tell me to go to the ER.  CRAZY FUCKERS.

TeacherMegs....nothing?  Ha.  I've been so busy this week I haven't had time to work on it.

• Options
    Doctor Mica to the rescue!

For about 4 days, Mica (at least since I noticed).  I tried hydrocortisone, and I tried tea tree oil (because that shiit cures everything).  Nothing doing.

• Options
    Also? I just filed my intent to graduate form online. Holy eff. I'm gonna have my master's soon!
  • Options

I must admit I thought you were joking about the rash. I think it was Rosie who compared Dot to a rash in pretty similar phrasing earlier. I am truly sorry about your rash.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

MK - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

I'm sent in the final paperwork (final? final?!) today that my new insurance adjuster (that's 9 so far, folks) needed in order to, hopefully, send me a check so that I can finsh the repairs to my house from the hurricane.  I just hope it covers the estimate that the restoration company gave me (about $12K)

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Did you find anything here J?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/skin-rash/SN00016

Teehee. Mayo Clinic.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:f202d7cf-4d9b-4f99-849c-212e44748f87">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]MK - keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm sent in the final paperwork (final? final?!) today that my new insurance adjuster (that's 9 so far, folks) needed in order to, hopefully, send me a check so that I can finsh the repairs to my house from the hurricane.  I just hope it covers the estimate that the restoration company gave me (about $12K)
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a PITA. 

YAY WHIT!!

Nope, not joking, though I do find it hilarious that people are actually willing to discuss it with me!

• Options
    No new exposures, no new detergents/soaps/perfumes/medications?

Antihistamines (diphenhydramine = Benadryl, loratadine = Claritin) sometimes help.

Otherwise I'm crappy at figuring out rashes, especially without seeing them.

I can say that at least 25% of rashes/hives show up for no good reason and go away within a week without explanation.
  • Options
    JK - this chart helped me to diagnose my gluten allergy, when doctors couldn't find a cure for my extensive, horrendously itchy rash (that lasted for 1 1/2 years).

http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/health-tools/search-by-symptom/skin-rashes.printerview.all.html
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh Tide gosh. What a mess. I hope everything gets resolved!!

I know! I don't really know what I'm going to do with it yet, but at least it will be done.
  • Options
    Ooh, yay Whit!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:db4ef542-692b-4645-bbb9-7d5c0b06cdef">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must admit I thought you were joking about the rash. I think it was Rosie who compared Dot to a rash in pretty similar phrasing earlier. I am truly sorry about your rash.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>A rash, or a small pest that swims up the penis? ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>J&K sorry about the rash.  Could it be cold weather or dry skin? I know nothing about this so I'm probably way off.</div>
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    edited January 2012
    Lucas just sent me this:

http://www.postfunz.com/every-time-i-fart-under-the-cover-3565.html

God he makes me laugh. And grosses me out at the same time.
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:b42ad126-67b6-49e9-ba70-6b50f317d2e1">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No new exposures, no new detergents/soaps/perfumes/medications? Antihistamines (diphenhydramine = Benadryl, loratadine = Claritin) sometimes help. Otherwise I'm crappy at figuring out rashes, especially without seeing them. I can say that at least 25% of rashes/hives show up for no good reason and go away within a week without explanation.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I started a short course of prednisone on Tuesday, but I think the rash showed up on MOnday.  And I would also think that prednisone would actually make the rash go away.  But I could be wrong, do correct me if I am.

I take Zyrtec daily.

TIDE.  You just made me realize.  I'm having gluten issues.  I'm pretty sure I'm topically allergic to wheat (I'm being tested in a few weeks).  I've been eating the bread lately.  MAYBE IT'S FROM THE WHEAT. 

• Options
    I'm also really, really enjoying the Mayo Clinic slideshow.  I'm so gross!  The one Tide posted is next!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards