Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Survey Time

1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? 

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? 

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? 

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? 

6. In five years, what does your life look like? 

Re: Survey Time

• Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  48 hours, due to overdramatic, stupid roommates fighting and breaking up and crying and keeping me awake for two days.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? One of my early history classes.  I'm fairly certain my teacher was taking acid or something.  He'd tweak out in class.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Platypus.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Um.  Probably not, because I'm really shy about that stuff and I think I'd die of embarrassment.  Although it depends on the celebrity.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  A low branch on a tree in the yard.

6. In five years, what does your life look like?  Damn, I have no idea what my life will look like in 6 months.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:fe535cdd-b3a3-4172-bc8d-64a665443e85">Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]
                               72 hours.  AFter ex- attacked me, we went to a Safe House until they found him.  I was afraid to close my eyes.

Project Mgmt in my MBA studies.  It made me change my career.

Monkey.  I love tigers, but they'd eat me!

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? 
                            Nope.  I'm a mom.  My kids dont' need to see that nor get teased for it</p><p>
                           As bad as this sounds, I'd ride my bike through the cemetary.  I loved reading the old (as in Civil War era) tombstones

I'll have my PMP (project mgmt certificate), my kids will be happy an in their double digit years, FI and I will be in our new house and I'll be able to just breathe.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    </p>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 24 Hours, I was cramming for finals

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? My pshychology class

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? A panther

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? No but it would be very tempting

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? I had a play house

6. In five years, what does your life look like? Out of debt, in a better neighborhood, better job, H have a better job, pregnant with our first baby
  • Options
    1. Longest I went without sleep was about 36 hours. It is a tradition at my HS for seniors to stay up all night right before Homecoming Friday. The girls get together and braid each others hair in tiny braids, and most people go out TPing. It was fun while the adrenaline rush lasted, and then when I went home before the game for a nap, I slept almost through the whole Homecoming. Woops. 

2. I LOVED one of my modern classes when I was still a dance major. My teacher was so inspirational and I wanted to BE her when I saw her dance. She really motivated us every day. 

3. Giraffe, because they are sooo cute and I love how tall and lanky they are. 

4. Yes, I would, because I know for that amount of $$, J would be ok with it and I guess I'd be willing to let the world see my lady bits as a sacrifice. 

5. I always liked to hide under my covers and cuddle my "blankie" when I was upset or wanted to be alone as a little kid. 

6. I hope that in 5 years I will have a job within the family law field, looking into building a house, and hopefully have one child. 
  • Options

No crazy amount of time that I can remember. 
    As of right now, microbiology because it caused me to change my major.
    A dolphin that I would be able to communicate with, like in A Ring of Endless Light.
    Nope.
    When I was really little I'd go to my room and read.  When I was old enough to go do stuff on my own, I would go to the barn and read in the horse's stall that I leased.
    I'll hopefully have graduated and have a good job.  Maybe planning a Europe trip with H.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  over 48 hours a couple of times.  During school when I had mad assignments due.
    2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? OAC (gr 13 when we used to have it) English.  I had the most amazing teacher ever.  He was one of the most brilliant minds I've ever met.  Unfortunately, he passed away part way through the semester, but even that short time changed my life.  
    3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  Giraffe probably. 
    4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  No, I don't think so. 
    5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  I don't really think I had a place...
    6. In five years, what does your life look like?  House, kids, my own design firm, happiness.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    myname -- That is kind of cool, your safe place thing. I would've been scared to do that as a child, haha.
  • Options
    ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Probably a few days. I had really terrible insomina in my early teens.

My freshman year of high school I took a geometry class and the teacher would let us go outside to complete our assignments. It was weird.

Giraffe. I have always adored giraffes. H and I got to feed them on our honeymoon.

Nope.

Outside. My parents had a huge yard with a really beautiful garden. If it wasn't snowing, I was probably eating whatever was growing in the garden.

Hopefully a house, kids, and another dog.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:77fe0731-3ef7-4298-b7f2-7c1b620510f7">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]myname -- That is kind of cool, your safe place thing. I would've been scared to do that as a child, haha.

I grew up in a small town in Western MN...it was pretty safe.  Plus it was 2 blocks from my grandparents house. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oof... probably 36-48 hours. Because insomnia. And college.

I've been lucky and had a few amazing ones. Andean Art & Architecture, Archaeological Ceramic Analysis, and Aztec Art and Sacrifice are my top three, I think.

PENGUIN. Without question.

Yep. That much money goes a long way.

My room. Or our backyard swingset, it had this little room on top... hard to describe, but if you laid down nobody could see you. I would read up there.
    (Like the rainbow part of this one)

Married, finished with school (PhD potentially included). Back in the US. Working in a museum. FI will be in a postdoc position, hopefully, and be working towards professorship. Maybe starting to try for kids. Maybe.
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? Probably two full days, though I really don't have a clear memory of it.  It was my senior year of college, I was applying to grad schools, trying to graduate, working full time and my mom was sick in the hospital.  I've blacked out a lot of that time, but I know there were periods where I was not sleeping or eating for days at a time.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? Negotiation in grad school.  We all had to negotiate a deal with a high level executive from a huge area business.  I had so much fun doing that!

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? A meerkat

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  Absolutely not.  The money would be great but I still need to be able to look people in the eye on a daily basis and have them respect me.  I actively choose to never be in the same category as Kim Kardashian or Paris Hilton.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? in my bedroom, laying on/with all of my stuffed animals on the floor

6. In five years, what does your life look like? hopefully in a house outside the city with DH and a baby or two, and hopefully in a different job with my debt paid off (except for a mortgage/car payment).
  • Options
    Haha, myname I would've been scared just because I'm a wuss and don't like cemetaries. 

And apparently I'm the lone wolf who would expose herself for money. Cool. 

ETA: Oh and lissa. ;)
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  3 days, it was during exams week a few years back and I pulled two all nighters in a row, then I was just running off adrenaline and couldn't get to sleep. 
    2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? I took a Women in Greek Literature class that I really enjoyed, I also did my best writing for the final paper. 
    3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? None, they are all dirty and dangerous. I watch too much Animal Planet. 
    4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Yes, that's a lot of money and I'm feeling pretty broke right now. 
    5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  My doll house. It was big enough that I could curl up in it. I once took a nap in it and my family couldn't find me for hours. 
    6. In five years, what does your life look like?  I pray to God that in 5 years FI will be a lawyer and I'll be an RD and we'll have 1 kid and our own house. 
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?   Probably between 36-40 hours while passing kidney stones.  Fun.
    2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  My creative writing course my freshman year of college.  I learned a LOT and the prof was a total nutbag.  

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  Toss up between a giraffe or a penguin.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?   If I wasn't married.  I'm no hoar, but that's a lot of money.  And yes, it would probably also depend on who the celebrity was. 

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?   If the weather was nice, I used to go read on the trampoline.  Not sure why.  

6. In five years, what does your life look like?   I don't know.  We just moved to a new city and we have so much ahead of me.  Maybe with a (finally) college degree, a larger apt and a baby on the way?  What a boring answer!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:fe535cdd-b3a3-4172-bc8d-64a665443e85">Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  6. In five years, what does your life look like? 

1. 37 hours once in college
    2. Women in medieval lit. Freakin awesome stuff!
    3. Koala bear
    4. In a heartbeat
    5. A group of trees in a sheltered corner of our yard. Up in them, not on the ground.
    6. Teaching at a college, and being a mom!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    ]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  I think it was around 36 hours because I took some caffeine pill that wouldn't let me go to sleep.  I love sleep and it was horrible.  It was NYE a couple years ago.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?   It was my senior level class that we had to take in college.  It was called "War:  The Human Response."  We just talked a lot about war and what it does to our soldiers and what happens when they return.  As well as how we as civilians view war.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  A Penguin for sure. 

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  Probably not.  

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  I think I just enjoyed going to my bedroom.  I had so many "treasures".

6. In five years, what does your life look like?  I'm hoping to have a child and a bigger home in the city.  I would love if our life was a little slower paced as well, but I doubt that will happen.

• Options
    Probably 48 hours.  A mixture of being out until 5am and then having to go to work and then going out again.  Hm.  I miss those days.

Oh man, I would have to think about it.  Gimme a sec.

Tiger or lion.  I want a big kitty.

If that celeb was Bradley Cooper, sure.

I had a treehouse I'd hang in.

Crazy.

6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• Options
    1. What is the longest you have gone without sleep and why?  During finals of my last semester of college - 48ish hours straight at least. I literally studied ALL night, took my finals the next day, and then had to go straight to work for an 8 hour shift afterwards. I wanted to die.

2. What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  Probably Anatomy and Physiology in high school. We actually got to go to the university and dissect human cadavers.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? A penguin!

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? I would hate to be a celebrity in the first place, let alone become a celebrity because of a sex tape with another celebrity (Kim K comes to mind). The money is not worth the shame from myself, the shame from my family, and the shame from the general public.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? I typically took my horse out for a trail ride.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? I hope FI and I will finally be married by that time, and also not living in New York (having moved closer to my family). Those are our number one and two goals right now. I don't see myself having kids within five years, but I guess that's technically possible. 
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? I think it was about 48 hours.  I was on a committee in college that allocated funding to the campus organizations, and we would do these massive overnight pow-wows to work on the budgets.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? Probably an Arabic class I took my first semester in college.  I went to a women's college and the professor hated us.  One of the women in the class had a husband from Lebanon and she brought him in one day, and the professor proceeded to trash us out to him in Arabic- we were "stupid American women" that were wasting his time.  Plus he would "prep" us for a test and then the test wouldnt have any of the things on it that he told us to study, so the entire class got a D.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Probably a meerkat or an otter.  Although I also really want a mini-horse

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Tough call, but that money could really help my family.  It would depend on whether the celebrity was gross or hot.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? The basement or my room.  I used to love to hang out in the basement, blast music in my dad's cool headphones and dance around.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? I hope it has us happily married, in a home we love (maybe even back home in Massachusetts), with a child. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? When I was 18, I stayed up all night at my BFF's BF's house because I did not want to sleep in a strange house. Stayed awake the next day so I could sleep that night.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? None I have taken could I call really memorable.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Dolphin

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Depends on the celebrity.  If it was with Dwayne Johnson, or Mark Wahlberg, hell yes.  Ron Jeremy, not on your life.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?The hayloft in the barn.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? Living back home in WA state, in our own home, beyond that, who knows?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    36 hours. We went to NOLA for Mardi Gras and my date ended up getting arrested and I had to bail him out of jail. I had to wait until Central Lockup opened. 
    Art History in high school. I had a great teacher who really made me appreciate art and I ended up minoring in it in college, but only because they didn't offer it as a major. And my high school teacher took us on an awesome trip to Chicago to go to the Art Institute.
    An ocelot named Babou. Mostly because of Archer. 
    No one is ever going to offer me 100 mil to see my hail damaged ass, but hypothetically, sure. 
    My bathroom. It was the only place I could lock myself into. And it was mine, I didn't have to share it with anyone. 
    Pretty much the same, probably, except maybe I'll be either pregnant or have an infant. Maybe. If not, then yeah, looks exactly the same. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    About 40 hours or so, last year of collage.  I had to load up b/c I ran out of money.
    Numerical Analysis.  By far my favorite type of math.  It doesn't get anymore applied or useful!
    Dolphin, how cool would it be to swim with a dolphin after work everyday!
    HELL no
    In the woods behind our house
    House with lots of land, a kid or two... smiles... here's hoping
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love that so many people want giraffes, haha. 

Also, my sex tape answer presumes its a celebrity that I would totally do. Not like, Danny Devito or something. 
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? Without sleeping at all? Probably like 24 hours. I have terrible insomnia. This was not voluntary.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? I took one in college called The Viking Experience. It was really interesting and the professor was hot.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? An elephant. They seem so smart and nice.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Probably. I don't really have very good morals. 

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? Oh I don't know. Just anywhere I could go and read was good for me.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? I will hopefully have had a job for a few years, maybe we will be able to think about a house and kids. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? Probably 24 hours. I'm a bad sleeper, so I always make sure I sleep
    2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? I took economics of Sports my junior year. It was pretty interesting. We focused mostly on baseball.
    3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Probably a zebra. Idk why. I just think zebras are kind of cool.
    4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? No! 
    5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? I liked to hang out in my closet and eat fruit. Weird, I know.
    6. In five years, what does your life look like? Hopefully we'll have a baby. I don't see us moving for 10 years or so. So pretty much the same as now, plus baby.
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 36 hours.  Medical training.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  Gross anatomy

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? A tree sloth.  They look funny and would probably be pretty low maintenance.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  Since I could quit my job with that money and don't have kids (and since no one in my family watches gossip tv), yes -- if the celebrity could be a female.  I don't think H would be okay with sharing me with another man for any price.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? I'd take a bath and sit until the water got cold

6. In five years, what does your life look like? My house won't look like a disaster, hopefully I'll be at the same job (maybe part-time), and hopefully there'll be a kiddo or two.
  • Options
    For 100 million dollars, I'd do just about anybody. 
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Exactly, Rach.

• Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? Something like 48 hours I think.  I was working on my final project for my architecture studio.  I actually got the most sleep that week out of all my friends.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? Probably my architecture studio, due to the reason above. 

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Dolphin, they are so smart

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? I wouldn't cheat on H for any amount of money.  If I was single though, and depending on the celebrity, maybe.  100 million is a LOT of money.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? When I was really young, under my bed.  After that, anywhere I could find that I'd be alone.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? We'll have at least one kid, and I might be a SAHM depending on finances.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:2a349b63-a3e0-4808-86ae-95e5b2b30493">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]For 100 million dollars, I'd do just about anybody. 
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]
    Yeah who the fuuck am I kidding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards