Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Survey Time

124»

Re: Survey Time

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:c0886c61-0af2-45da-b10b-27138c9a3128">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone...yes really glad I didn't google it! Okay yeah don't know what a cleveland steamer is either, lol!
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

...Think golden shower, only with #2.

You're welcome
    panther
  • Options
    kroot87kroot87 member
    First Comment
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? Maybe 30 hours or so, not too bad. I went out with a girlfriend on a Friday night, we stayed out 'til 6 a.m. and had to start baling hay an hour later - 7:00 Saturday morning. 8 hours in a hot, itchy hayloft hefting 50 lb. bales with a wicked hangover/still kind of drunk/on no sleep. Least fun day of my life, hands down.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? Family law. Mostly because I loved the professor, but I was also really intrigued by it. I really loved all my law classes, though.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? Zebra. Definitely zebra.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? If FI was cool with it, absolutely. I don't think FI would be cool with it, though...

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? We built a "fort" in the woods behind my parents' house. It was the best.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? I'll either be in a different career or a SAHM. Couple kiddos, white picket fence in the suburbs. I don't need/want much, I'm all about the simple life.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was afraid of that AATB.
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 

Around 36 hours. I was doing my residency and studying for boards.

2. What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? 

Russian Lit & History. My professor was an adorable old lady from Russia, and she brought in lots of memoirs, toys from her childhood, and photographs. I loved when she'd talk about the different customs and share her personal stories. She was absolutely fascinating. Hearing her take on the Cold War, Chernobyl, and other historic events was priceless.

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? 

Shark. Yes, FI thinks I'm insane.

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? 

Is FI okay with it? Who is the celebrity? I mean, if it's Iggy Pop, then no. Johnny Depp, yes.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? 

I used to ride my bike to the duck pond by our house. My bike had a basket, so I could bring a book and snack with me. It was also close enough to hear my mom yelling for me.

6. In five years, what does your life look like? 

Married, living in Chicago, no kids, two cats, and hopefully I'll have traveled to Europe by then.
  • Options
    I hate that I know what a Cleveland Steamer is.  Poop is not sexy.  People are depraved.  I wish I could be ignorant and blissful.  And now poor Mari is probably scarred for life.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:a6b90cda-1a3c-4684-a47d-2d91518011ad">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents built a house in a new development when I was in New Mexico, and there was this huge dirthill within walking distance of the house.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]
    That's awesome. My FI is from Albuquerque. :) Do they still live in NM?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:df5ebdf3-138b-4a7b-ac2e-6281294b3361">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey Time : ...Think golden shower, only with #2. You're welcome
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Ewww and really that turns people on?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:3245ec16-633b-4a03-b6b1-e39e50fcf1b9">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate that I know what a Cleveland Steamer is.  Poop is not sexy.  People are depraved.  I wish I could be ignorant and blissful.  And now poor Mari is probably scarred for life.

Well not yet...pretty grossed out but not scarred
  • Options
    button6004button6004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:d17b8dcb-8bce-43b1-8403-0b09c4302dde">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]button -- Holy hell, that prof sounds awful. :( Were you able to do something about the grade?  Muni -- I'm allergic to all the things too! 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

We all protested to the department responsible for overseeing the course, but they couldnt do anything because he was technically employed by a neighboring college that we were connected with.  I ended up "dropping" the course (it was a 2 semester course), so while the D didnt count in my GPA it shows up on my transcript with a little asterisk.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:f483a2ea-70c1-4b5d-8102-5a31d519aa86">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]I, personally, find it hilarious that AATB knows what all this icky stuff is.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Well I DO enjoy being in the know, lol.  But there is truth to the notion that not everything is worth knowing.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:aa785319-ee47-488c-b591-1fe1bea41c31">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey Time : We all protested to the department responsible for overseeing the course, but they couldnt do anything because he was technically employed by a neighboring college that we were connected with.  I ended up "dropping" the course (it was a 2 semester course), so while the D didnt count in my GPA it shows up on my transcript with a little asterisk.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ahh, that sucks. :( At least it didn't count in your GPA but what a douche. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:2f85d444-6c6e-48a4-96aa-29767f1f26f2">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Survey Time : Well I DO enjoy being in the know, lol.  But there is truth to the notion that not everything is worth knowing.

<div>
    </div><div>Ugh, yes. There are things on Urban Dictionary that should never been read.</div>
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 38 hours. sadly it was because I was working

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  I loved my American Government teacher 

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  A cougar. Not the Demi Moore variety, think more like big cats 

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? Yep. I'm with LC, there's almost nothing I wouldn't do for 100 million.

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? I liked to hide in my closet and read books.

6. In five years, what does your life look like?  Probably not a lot different. Well, hopefully this kid will be outside, not still inside, because that'd be kind of awkward. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LOL Eagles - yes, a lot of the stuff I know can be attributed to my guy friends as well.  Those creepy bastards.
    panther
  • Options
    Huh, I just texted H about the sex tape thing.  He says I could have sex with a celebrity, but no tape.  I guess I don't get $100 million.  Prude.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:594121ac-94a3-42bb-b089-c1a4472adfe4">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL Eagles - yes, a lot of the stuff I know can be attributed to my guy friends as well.  Those creepy bastards.

That makes sense, I didn't have a lot of guy friends growing up, well I had two and they wouldn't tell me anything.
  • Options
    LoopysevenLoopyseven member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:fe535cdd-b3a3-4172-bc8d-64a665443e85">Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose?  4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public?  5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?  6. In five years, what does your life look like? 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooh.. Good ones :)</div><div>
    </div><div>1 - Longest - probably about 36 hours - we stayed up all night playing poker, made pre-fishing pancakes around 4 AM and headed out in the canoe/paddleboat with fishing poles and bait as the sun came up at 5.  We made it until after lunch when we all took naps.  I was in high school at the time so amazingly there was no alcohol involved in this plan.  Most sleep deprived.. finals week right before college graduation.  I got about 16 hours of sleep in the 5 days before graduation.  </div><div>
    </div><div>2- I took a French theater and culture class in college that was kind of awesome.  It was my last French class (after 10 years of study) that I took and we read plays in French and had to write papers about them in French. It was a real immersion kind of class and I loved it.</div><div>
    </div><div>3 - I think I'd choose a tiger.  I think Swiss Family Robinson might have influenced this decision.</div><div>
    </div><div>4 - If H was okay with it - yeah.  I'd have my 15 minutes of fame, take they money and open up a B&B in Breckenridge.</div><div>
    </div><div>5 - I had a daybed when I was a kid and it was pulled back about 3 feet from the wall and I had a bunch of pillows and an extra comforter back there.  I'd crawl back there and read a book and hide out from the world.</div><div>
    </div><div>6 - Two fruit loops, H working in the office so he's home every night (instead of the field like he is now) and we go hiking and camping with our weekends and do a beach vacation every winter to somewhere tropical - with or without the fruit loops depending on the year :).</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:fe535cdd-b3a3-4172-bc8d-64a665443e85">Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why?  <strong>I think it was almost 24 hours.  It was when I used to work retail in my first two years of college.  I went to school that day and then had to do inventory at the store overnight.  I think we got done around 4 or 5 in the morning and went to be shortly thereafter.

</strong>2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken?  I<strong> loved all my psychology courses.  I think I probably should have looked in to pursuing a higher degree in psych after I graduated.  I think my most memorable were either human sexuality, abnormal psych, or race and sterotype.

</strong>3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? <strong>It's a tie between a monkey or a Liger

</strong>4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? <strong>Totally, if anyone wants to watch my big butt get it on, that's on them. I'll take the check, thank you.

</strong>5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")?<strong> In the park across the street from my house, there was this area with a tree and some bushes.  You could crawl in to the bushes and it was like a little cave.  I could just chill there for hours.

</strong>6. In five years, what does your life look like?   <strong>Married and have started our family.  Will hopefully have the first kid popped out with the other one on the way.  I will have succeeded in my plan to be a stay at home mom and quit my job too.

</strong>Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    pkontkpkontk member
    First Comment
    Yeah, I was surprised more people wouldn't say yes to the sex tape too.  a) When else would you get to get it on with a celeb and b) $100 million is a crap ton of money.  My guess is FI would fully support that decision!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_survey-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c935be96-0649-4354-9873-a6ac9ec1483ePost:2ec21873-7075-409d-a4c7-738f40de3563">Re: Survey Time</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw Mari.  :)  I don't feel so bad now about not knowing what a Cleveland Steamer is. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

I had no clue what one was either, until today.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    1. What's the longest you've gone without sleep and why? 60 hours. Phish festival traffic.

2.What is the most memorable class you've ever taken? probably high school chorus

3. If you could own a wild animal for a pet, what would you choose? palm-sized elephant

4. If you were offered $100 million dollars, would you make a sex tape with a celebrity that was certain to go public? hmm, probably. <- hoar

5. Where did you go to be alone when you were a kid (like a "safe place")? my room

6. In five years, what does your life look like? hopefully thinner and richer
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards