Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.

Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:4a2c7b81-18ae-4d2b-aaca-78d766ab9cf8">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : How does it do with gas? That's the car i'm thinking about getting in a couple years.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

It comes with an MPG meter.  I usually get about 17-20mpg driving city driving.  It'll get about 25mpg out on the high way.
  • Options
    I am having serious issues staying awake today. I can't wait to get home and just collapse and do nothing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:ef315159-546a-466b-b418-8ee55fd3f58e">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]As much as I love summer, I hate central AC. I feel like there is never a good balance. It always ends up too cold.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Come to my house.  I promise you will never be too cold.  Between the plywood walls and the fact that the house is up on blocks, it gets pretty warm in the summer unless the AC runs all the time.  Thank you, 1945.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:ba330ab8-0fd8-43b3-bce2-be052538c730">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : My parent's house was built in 1893 and it's always the perfect temperature. The thick walls and big trees surrounding the house makes it always cool in the summer and toasty in the winter.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Our neighborhood is very shaded and I think it helps with keeping our house cool without A/C.  Plus we're on the first floor.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:dee66281-0be4-4faa-b359-1d5cb16c8bff">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : It comes with an MPG meter.  I usually get about 17-20mpg driving city driving.  It'll get about 25mpg out on the high way.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, that doesn't sound bad. I love my Altima, but I get tired of being on the ground.
  • Options
    I think my mom's next door neighbor had to cut down some trees after Charlie. It was sad. This is probably totally unrelated, but they keep coming to take away my mom's citrus trees every couple of years too, whenever there is citrus blight down south. It makes her very sad Cry
  • Options
    Adamar if it means living in FL, I'm coming down right now! ;)

Ray -- I don't believe in them. Well, I guess, I don't believe that they are communicating with actual dead spirits. I believe they are communicating with SOMETHING, but not the dead grandma.
  • Options
    Ray, I watched K&K last night.  I'm not entirely sure that I was buying all of it.  Half of it I already knew just by watching their show.  It seemed questionable to me.  I didn't see any big revelations.  But people believe what they want to believe.
  • Options
    I'm just now feeling normal after nursing a hangover all morning.  I went out drinking after work with some of my coworkers and drank more than I should have/intended.  FI was there as my DD, so I didn't have to worry about finding a ride home.    

I'm off today and tomorrow (waitress at a restaurant) so I don't have to worry about feeling like shet at work.

Other than that, I'm hanging out at home today and counting down the days until football season is over so I can have my Sundays back...I work at a Buffalo Wild Wings and practically live there on Sundays lol.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, I wasn't super moved by anything I saw on the show either MP. I was like, well I mean, there dad was pretty famous, John Edwards probably just knew a lot of that.

It reminded me of that South Park episode.

But it just got me thinking. I mean, I would love to think its possible.
  • Options
    Ray I don't know that I believe it either, it reminded me of Tori and Dean last week when she was talking about Tori's father being there and being proud of her. It just seemed fishy, but it gives people comfort so who am I.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:1de4bdba-8359-4236-94ee-98074c0dba1f">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : Oh okay, that doesn't sound bad. I love my Altima, but I get tired of being on the ground.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]

I do miss my Accord with its 30mpg. It also had a 16 gallon tank.  I think my CR-V only has a 13 gallon tank.  I feel like I fill up more.  But I drive about 10 miles/day total, so it's not too bad.

About trees, there's a giant walnut tree on our neighbor's property that drops its gooey mess right onto our cars in the driveway.  And now its roots are breaking up our driveway.  We keep trying to think of ways to kill the tree, but make it look like an accident.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:59248581-de33-43c6-a5f2-2948a6a75f55">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should go to the gym after work right? I am going to go look at pinterest to motivate me to go to work out.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

I will run if you go to the gym.  Deal?

• Options
    It would be kind of cool if it were possible Ray. But I guess with my faith beliefs, I don't believe that they are communicating with dead spirits. I believe if they are communicating with anything, it is something evil.

MP -- the CRV has a smaller tank than the accord? Huh. My Elantra has a 13 gallon tank. I feel like it gets shitty mileage for a small V4 too. I am also jealous that you only drive 10 miles/day.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:53b71411-f070-4e21-9ecf-18c7eb5e8c32">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adamar if it means living in FL, I'm coming down right now! ;) Ray -- I don't believe in them. Well, I guess, I don't believe that they are communicating with actual dead spirits. I believe they are communicating with SOMETHING, but not the dead grandma.

<div>I think I remember your theory on ghosts. It was really interesting and very creepy. </div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know if I believe in mediums. They would have to tell me something extreme for me to believe them. I think it could be possible. </div><div>
    </div><div>Oh and hi everyone!</div>
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I've had a few crazy dreams about my dead grandfathers that made me feel at peace when I would wake up.  So I guess that's like the whole psychic thing.  But as far as what John Edwards did on K&K, I felt like an hour or two on the internet would have yielded much of that information.  

"Oh your dad wants to tell your mom how great of a job she did."  Who doesn't want to hear that? 
  • Options
    Hi All!

On the topic of heating and cooling, the townhouse we are renting has vaulted ceilings up to our loft in the living room.  It makes it impossible to heat/cool properly.

In the winter it is freezing downstairs and in the summer it is super hot upstairs.  I don't know what crazy person designed it, but there are no vents on the ground on the first floor.  All vents are in the ceiling, making it very hard to keep the downstairs warm in the winter.

I don't believe in mediums, but I'm skeptical of things that even if they are real, any whack-a-doodle can pretend to do to swindle people out of money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Interesting Musu. I don't believe in hell or evil spirits, so I suppose religion plays a huge role in this too.

Rach, I hear that kind of stuff a lot, where they are super accurate.

• Options
    Yeah I think a lot of what mediums do is pretty generic information that many gather just from slight body language from the person they are reading. If they get info that no one else could have possibly known, then usually I think that something satanic is going on. But again that is more because of my faith.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:09ff60ce-2f98-44d9-a8c5-df6695e51377">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. :<strong> I do miss my Accord with its 30mpg. It also had a 16 gallon tank.  I think my CR-V only has a 13 gallon tank.  I feel like I fill up more.  But I drive about 10 miles/day total, so it's not too bad.</strong> About trees, there's a giant walnut tree on our neighbor's property that drops its gooey mess right onto our cars in the driveway.  And now its roots are breaking up our driveway.  We keep trying to think of ways to kill the tree, but make it look like an accident.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is good, I drive about 30 miles a day to and from work so I think I will stick with my Altima, at least until I find a job closer to home.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:cb66bced-9d53-43f9-aee5-fa7950e33bb8">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be kind of cool if it were possible Ray. But I guess with my faith beliefs, I don't believe that they are communicating with dead spirits. I believe if they are communicating with anything, it is something evil. MP -- the CRV has a smaller tank than the accord? Huh. My Elantra has a 13 gallon tank. I feel like it gets shitty mileage for a small V4 too. I am also jealous that you only drive 10 miles/day.

I used to get 400 miles per tank on my '99 Accord.  Now I barely get 250 (city driving) on my CR-V.  And when I fill up it's less money, so I know it's not all MPG.

I know that I'm lucky that I live 2 miles from my work.  I usually fill up every 2-3 weeks. 
  • Options
    I think that mediums are generally just people with excellent observational skills.  They can read people's body language, emotions, etc.  They see how people react to specific sounding statments that aren't really.  For instance, when the police are looking for a kidnapping or murder victim and the medium says "I sense they're near water"  Well, no shiit sherlock.  We're all near water.  There's a bottle of water on my desk and a sink 15 feet away.

or, if you're trying to speak to your dead grandmother they'll be "I'm sensing the letter J...does the letter J mean anything to you?"  And more likely than not, there's a J...her first name began with J or she was born in a town that began with J...and if not the medium then goes "Oh, wait...it's becoming clearer.  It's  not a J, it's an S"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:cb66bced-9d53-43f9-aee5-fa7950e33bb8">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]It would be kind of cool if it were possible Ray. But I guess with my faith beliefs, I don't believe that they are communicating with dead spirits. I believe if they are communicating with anything, it is something evil. MP -- the CRV has a smaller tank than the accord? Huh. My Elantra has a 13 gallon tank. I feel like it gets shitty mileage for a small V4 too. I am also jealous that you only drive 10 miles/day.

Wow the Elantra only has a 13 gallon tank? I thought it would be similar to the Accord and the Altima, haha shows how much I know about cars.
  • Options
    The Tarot lady lied to me. She told me I would be rich and marry a guy with light hair. I am not rich and H has the darkest hair ever. 

All of them knew my mom was dead though. I think Musu is right about the body language. 
  • Options
    MUNI- That's exactly what the South Park episode was about (has anyone seen it?). While I agree that that stuff is just really good observational skills, I still wonder if there are some real deals.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:448bb7f0-ecee-4552-bfc0-204d0151c1b6">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI. Rosebutt - if you go to the gym, I'll go the gym. I was just sitting here debating. <strong>And then we can reward ourselves with wine, oui?</strong> Ray - I don't believe in mediums really, but I did go to a lady who read tarot cards for us. It was amazing how accurate she was with our entire group. My mom cried.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

But of course!
  • Options
    MattsPenguinMattsPenguin member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    MUN1, I'm with you.  I think it's all about observation.  I watch Psych.  I know how he works. 
  • Options
    I think I'll skip the work out and join y'all for some reward wine.
  • Options
    I'm also jealous of the 10 mile commute.  Mine used to be that short, but about a year ago my company moved our offices.  Now I'm at about 30-40 miles round trip.  I fortunately/unfortunately have a little chevy aveo that gets about 30 mpg highway driving but only has an 11 gallon tank.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Rachers I pinned a recipe for pesto bread that I want to try.  I haven't gotten around to actually making it, though, so I can't tell you if it's any good or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards