Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.

Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.

• Options
    I need to lift and run. I am totally obsessed with lifting now. I flex around the house all of the time.

I just need to catch the running bug and then I wil be excited.
  • Options
    I drive about 65 miles per day. :( And I don't anticipate that getting much better when we eventually buy land to build on... J wants to be in the country, so we will always have a crappy commute.

Mari, I have a 2006 Elantra, so I don't know if the newer ones are better. I am supposed to get over 30 MPG but the best that I've gotten per tank was about 370 miles (which was like, maxing it out with the gas light on). So that was about 29 mpg.
  • Options
    My drive to work is probably 1/4 mile. It takes about 2 minutes, if I miss the light. Pretty awesome.
  • Options
    Rosie I ordered the NROL4W, so I'm hoping that gets me excited for lifting. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:b82ef360-31ec-4013-ab16-c38a670af16f">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Tarot lady lied to me. She told me I would be rich and marry a guy with light hair. I am not rich and H has the darkest hair ever.  All of them knew my mom was dead though. I think Musu is right about the body language. 
    Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]

There have been some documentary type news shows that will talk to a medium or psychic or whatever and they reveal their tricks. Most of it is body language and finding one or two generic details to pick out about the dead person and then the emotions of the person being "read" usually gives the rest away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:61aff34a-6218-434f-bd75-7f1565299307">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also jealous of the 10 mile commute.  Mine used to be that short, but about a year ago my company moved our offices.  Now I'm at about 30-40 miles round trip.  I fortunately/unfortunately have a little chevy aveo that gets about 30 mpg highway driving but only has an 11 gallon tank.
    Posted by July2012bride[/QUOTE]

That's how my Saturn was, It was great i only put about $20 dollars in it to fill it up, but then it seemed like I was filling it up every three days or so.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:7697eacc-854e-45e1-9eb9-19be687f3e34">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosie I ordered the NROL4W, so I'm hoping that gets me excited for lifting. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I want to get that so bad! I am trying to keep my book buying down as the kindle has been a constant drain to my bank account. :(
  • Options
    My mom buys all of the nook books, and H figured out how to download them from the library so we get off easy there.  I bought the book because I got a B&N gift card from work, so it basically only cost me shipping.  I hope it's there when I get home.  I'm ready to pump some iron!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:dcaef768-d1d2-4299-ba8d-3a19d11376b5">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I keep forgetting I need to write a letter to our old photographer about not using him for the wedding. I feel like I'm drafting a break up letter and I never even met the darn guy.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

Good luck, I hate writing letters like that.
  • Options
    Rach:

Dear Photographer,

It's not you, it's me.

Rachers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:7697eacc-854e-45e1-9eb9-19be687f3e34">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosie I ordered the NROL4W, so I'm hoping that gets me excited for lifting. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I've heard wonderful things!  I read it, but was going to my trainer at the time and she did all of the moves, just not the same sequences.

Rosie, I am constantly amazed at how my body has responded to increasy my mileage.  Like the other day I was doing my 4.5 mile training run, no problem!  And I have NEVER EVER EVER been a runner.  Just start slow and stick to a training program.  You'll get there before you know it.

I have to do my 7 miles tonight on the treadmill, since it snowed and I'm afraid of the sidewalks.  I hope that the rain washes away the snow tonight! :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:e6971749-eb75-4e6a-a921-5abc15634647">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, I have a Pinterest question.  When you go to select the board you want it to go on, sometimes it's the first one on my list, and the rest of in alphabetical order. Is this normal? It's like Pinterest is guessing which board I want it on.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Edie-<div>It usually defaults to the last board you pinned to, and then lists them alphabetical, if that makes sense.</div><div>
    </div><div>So if you have a "Home Decor" board that you just pinned to, next time you go to pin, it usually will default to "Home Decor" but the dropdown will show the rest of the results in alphabetical order.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ugh rach you are better to stay on the treadmill. You should try some of the weight machines first.

I have never seen another girl at our gym touch the free weights besides myself. Then again it is a pretty big weight lifter gym. All meatheads. Juicehead gorillas. hehe nah.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:4b8d911e-a947-4b16-8ea0-c0bf525b5132">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : There have been some documentary type news shows that will talk to a medium or psychic or whatever and they reveal their tricks. Most of it is body language and finding one or two generic details to pick out about the dead person and then the emotions of the person being "read" usually gives the rest away.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>That is really interesting. I think some of them are really good at. None of them ever pulled the letter trick MUN was talking about with me but they still knew. I think it was just obvious. I was a teenager too so I'm sure that made it easy. </div><div>
    </div><div>It was still fun though. When I went to New Orleans the lady there was crazy. It was definitely entertaining. I will say she was right about some stuff with my sister. It actually did happen a few years later. </div>
  • Options
    Speaking of cars, the one that J and i have really started to warm up to was just removed from the dealer's website. :( Gah. I wish I could just go buy one today but I kinda need J there to transfer his title.
  • Options
    Rosie, I love that you use the free weights.  It takes a certain amount of balls to walk to "that" side of the gym.  But once you're there. Whatever.  Just do your thing!  Dang I miss lifting.  I've been doing my kettlebells at home and only going to the gym for the dreadmill.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:eaab2ee8-e1fb-459e-80bd-0ab88b7a07b3">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : Thanks!  One more question if I may.  I've unfollowed some board (not the person completely) but the boards I've unfollowed still come up on the "Pinners you follow" page. Am I doing something wrong?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Hmm...I don't know about unfollowing.  I haven't really done that, perhaps someone else has an idea.
  • Options
    I must be a weird girl then because I loooove using my free weights at home. I do tons of different bicep and tricep stuff with them. I'm really into my arms though, its weird.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:951eeda2-2d8f-4fb0-9186-4da8fab482e2">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rosie, I love that you use the free weights. <strong> It takes a certain amount of balls to walk to "that" side of the gym</strong>.  But once you're there. Whatever.  Just do your thing!  Dang I miss lifting.  I've been doing my kettlebells at home and only going to the gym for the dreadmill.
    Posted by MattsPenguin[/QUOTE]

It does! I still get a little anxious if it is really crowded so I will just do some weight machines and run, but if I get my hands on the free weights I am happy.

Best feeling hands down at the gym is replacing a weight on the weight shelf to have decently healthy enough guy picked up that same weight. Its like I CAN DO IT TOO.
  • Options
    Rach, I don't think that the elliptical gives you that great of a work out. Maybe I was just doing it wrong.  If you're looking for a butt burn, I'd do a few minutes on the stairmaster.  As someone who only needs to take 4 steps/day up my front porch, I hurt after walking up a few flights.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I suppose it would be more intimidating to pick up the free weights at the gym. Its just me or me and J when I do it, so I don't have to feel too puny, haha.
  • Options
    adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:6d92d8d2-6f99-4999-9517-3d40ad423103">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : I looove the treadmill but I feel like I need a little somethin extra for my booty. The gym we go to has a lot of meat heads walking around. And alot of people wearing blue jeans which I'm pretty sure aren't even allowed. Oh, and old men wearing these <strong>onesie jumpsuit things</strong>. Ick.

Like wrestling uniforms?  Gross.  Do you have stairs where you work?  I take the stairs in the building and in the parking garage, and my ass has seen definite improvement.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:80668e30-ad5b-43cc-b66d-3a7d2b115bb5">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww man, Seal and Heidi are breaking up?

I know, I thought it was sad when I heard about it this morning. I really thought they would last.
  • Options
    MuSu, I'm obsessed with arms, too.  I think it's because (probably similar to you) after years of dancing, I don't need to work on my leg muscles.

Rosie is kicking a$$ and taking names at the gym.  Oh yeah!  Don't want to meet her in a dark alley.
  • Options

I love lunges for my butt. I do them saturday morning with two 10 lb free weights because I am too chicken shiit to do them when there are people in the gym.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:b2fe1cd9-1548-490e-9177-552a2a87a35a">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff. : That is really interesting. I think some of them are really good at. None of them ever pulled the letter trick MUN was talking about with me but they still knew. I think it was just obvious. I was a teenager too so I'm sure that made it easy.  It was still fun though. When I went to New Orleans the lady there was crazy. It was definitely entertaining. I will say she was right about some stuff with my sister. It actually did happen a few years later. 
    Posted by eorea[/QUOTE]

There is this guy who comes on the morning show here all the time to answer questions from callers (I think he travels around the country though). Whenever he claims that there is an evil demon clouding someone's head(which is making them sick, depressed, angry, whatever), he says he is going to "clear it away" and says "There I just did it, did you feel your head get real hot just now?" And of course the caller is like "OMG, yes!" .... well no shiit, sherlock. Your body is going to respond to a cue like that whether you like it or not.
  • Options
    At jazzercise we do some butt workouts where you get on your hands and knees, then pull one knee to your chest, then extend it up to the air. It burns like crazy after a few.
  • Options
    Rach, I started doing a Zumba class on M&W a few months ago and it has done wonders for my rump.

I played tennis competitvely from grade school through college.  I don't think my butt ever looked this good this quickly.  But the stairmaster is also great for toning too if you only have a few min to devote.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_monday-afternoon-blows-other-nwr-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d01882ef-235b-48dd-8b5c-ee01ac13349fPost:56051d7f-7f8f-4740-8fa5-c9c754516a0c">Re: Monday Afternoon blows, and other NWR stuff.</a>:
    [QUOTE]At jazzercise we do some butt workouts where you get on your hands and knees, then pull one knee to your chest, then extend it up to the air. It burns like crazy after a few.
    Posted by raypoppins[/QUOTE]

Those are killer!  I wish it was possible to spot reduce.  My legs and butt are fine, but I would love to be able to zap my muffin top away.  When I lose too much weight (not that it happens often) I start losing boob, though. 

• Options
    Afternoon everyone! I feel like I haven't gotten to chat in forever. 

Rosie, I'm too intimidated by the guys with the free weights, and I never remember what to do with them anyway...I need to get a book of workouts or something. 

MuSu, I love your sig pic! You looked gorgeous!!

Rachers, I had to fire a string quartet - same deal, I'd sent them a deposit but never met them. I ended up totally lying to them. One of the girls in the quartet that I did use had gone to high school with me, so I told the old string quartet that I'd decided to go with a friend, even though that was a definite stretch of the truth. I just felt mean saying "I heard you weren't very good, and that you often don't show up on time lately."

We got our wedding photos back today, I have not been able to work at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards