Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Has anyone else noticed

That this place is weird lately?  And no, I'm not talking about the new format. 

It's just got a different vibe.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb

Re: Has anyone else noticed

• Options
    I haven't noticed, cause I haven't been here. but whatchoo mean, mooseh?
  • Options
    Yes. I can't figure out why, but it has.
  • Options
    I kind of feel like even though we're not getting as many random questions, we're no longer associated with 'P&E' and it seems more...inclusive?

I've also been noticing a lot of unecessary butthurt though too. 

Could I contradict myself a little more?
  • Options
    A little bit, but I also can't put a finger on it...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Word.

Even in all of my complaining about the new format, I'm used to the new format now. Doesn't bug me. (except the bolding)

But I've said that it just feels different, too. I can't quite put a finger on it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    yeah, jk, now that you mention it, I read some threads yesterday where people got their panties in a wad over the stupidest things.
  • Options
    Needs more cowbell.
  • Options
    Differnt, but in an unexplainable kind of way. Which almost lessens its appeal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:a751bc83-e093-4472-ba34-2675eacd3581">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Needs more cowbell.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Nebb FTW!
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2009
    Agreed.  Though can't determine if it's for better or worse.
  • Options
    Well, vibes change when you ruin lives!
  • Options
    I feel like everyone is a little snarkier and a little whinier, some times both at the same time. It also feels like the long running lovefest is deteriorating somehow.
  • Options
    I wish I could explain it.  Sometimes I feel like I walked into the Knot Twilight Zone. 

• Options
    It's me, isn't it? I can take a hint. 

::runs away sobbing:: 
  • Options
    fuuck you nebb!
    how can you say that??
    :sob::
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:a751bc83-e093-4472-ba34-2675eacd3581">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Needs more cowbell.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

agreed.

But it does feel different. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's definite change in dynamic.
  • Options
    havent noticed, but i have not been on hardly at all lately.  honestly, its so slow that it takes too long to post to as many messages as i used to, and i've been really busy at work.  ive been doing proofreading today, so i read several paragraphs while i wait for the page to load.  :-)
  • Options
    dammit buddha, typing something similar just before I do. I know you know what you're doing.
  • Options
    Maybe we're all just getting on each other's nerves. 

• Options
    I think when the change over happened, some people seemed to get big britches and became more vocal, which I'm not against, per se, depending on where you fall on the scale of idiots, but there's just something weird.

Like...a disconnect.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    We need some track lighting and wallpaper in here. That should class it right on up!!
  • Options
    I know for me, I've noticed that I don't really follow posts like I used to.  I don't like the way it does e-mail responses, so I quit watching posts that way and now I feel like I just post jump and comment once and then forget to go back.  So maybe if others are doing that too, the conversational nature of the board is changing?  I don't know...I've just noticed that lately.  It also feels like there are just fewer people here now, although I don't really know of anyone who's missing.  Yeah I think you guys are right, it's just hard to put a finger on.

Although like I've said a hundred times before, the board waxes and wanes and goes through changes every once in a while.  This new format has brought on a change.
  • Options
    I blame the private messages.
  • Options
    I think it's because we don't really have anyone new to talk to. Its becoming more about all the regs and less of an open community. Everyone is talking about their life more than they have in the past. They/we have to in order to keep anything going on these days. We dont' have any advice to dispense anymore unless it's about someone's personal life. I don't think there's more snark, it's just now turned in on each other instead of being directed at new people.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I feel like I can't kepp up with the different conversations as well because I will concentrate on one thread for a while, and then realize that five more have popped up.
  • Options
    Hmm, I think Nebb may be on to something.

• Options
    I do wish there was something at the top where you could go directly to your posts. as it is now, I have to go back a few days to find a thread I posted in, find my response, then click the magnifying glass thing. if there's a better way let me know.
  • Options
    I also think it takes longer for answers when you first put a post up.  I mean, before, I could post a thread and practically before I could click back out to the board, I'd have a response.  Now it seems to take 5 minutes or more sometimes. 

Or I'll go to post in a brand new thread, and normally before a few people would beat me to it even though there were no answers when I first hit reply.  That doesn't happen as much now.  I tend to feel like the idiot waiting for new posts just to be FIRST!!!!1!! (even though I'm likely the only one that notices)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:4c892bd9-29e4-427c-a959-06bb4bb7a956">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think when the change over happened, some people seemed to get big britches and became more vocal, which I'm not against, per se, depending on where you fall on the scale of idiots, but there's just something weird. Like...a disconnect.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. It's also less funny for some reason. There are funny posts here and there, but it seems like there used to be more of them.
  • Options
    Dani, I think that's probably pretty true. I don't like the way to check the threads I've posted in, too.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards