Wedding Etiquette Forum

Has anyone else noticed

Re: Has anyone else noticed

• Fishy beat me to it.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I find it's still slow, so I click on a thread and while I wait for it to open completely I'll do something at my desk, then I'll read the thread, respond, after I hit post there's a bit of a delay so I get to doing something again.  Get sidetracked.  And then see that a bazillion people posted before me.  I'll respond again and the same thing will happen.

I hate my work computer.  It's still slow from home but not as bad.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • buddha's not a wench. she's...A WITCH!!
  • Lala is missing too much.  So is Colleen. 

STOP LEAVING ME, BEST KNOT FRIENDS. 

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • I'm not using PM at all.  I rarely check it, but even when I do, nobody loves me.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:b6882669-26de-472f-92a7-27e6137a02f3">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must say, I'm just thrilled with how many swear words get past the Knot naughty word filter now though. Yup, I'm 12.
    Posted by JK10910[/QUOTE]

I like that it points out your bad words to you before can post, although sometimes it's funny what they won't let through. Last night I tried to post the words "Doo W0p," and it made me change the spelling of the last part. Like who would actually say that on here?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I don't use PM's any more than I would do paging threads, which was rarely.  But I do like having it, that's for sure.
  • I find it amusing that doowop would come up in conversation!
  • I'm not a witch! They dressed me up like this. 
  • oh, east, jen's gonna be maaadddd...
  • I've also noticed some group think lately.  Say what you think.  Don't be afraid to have, and voice, opinions.  If someone disagrees, they disagree.  That's what happens.  That doesn't mean you're mortal enemies and can never speak to them again.

For example.  I liked hrParker.  Somehow people managed to not hold that against me.  :)

• well, we did do the nose...
  • Goddammit Moose, must you be so logical! I superfluously despise you!
  • I've PM'd someone to follow up on something that they posted about on the board, but might not want to draw attention to it, and to do some quick catching up with someone else, but I definitely don't use it that frequently
  • Superfluous.  Good word.  Innocent

• moose, I think groupthink has always been pretty prominent here. but it tends to get worse when a bunch of people are on an off-board or on facebook or whatever--then there's some sense of loyalty.
    so basically I agree the groupthink has gotten a bit worse.
  • I never use PM.

I'm like Mandy; I just keep getting sidetracked because of the slow load time.
  • I earned a halo for my superfluous use of the word superfluous? Awesometastic!
  • Lots of pepole liked her.

I found her to grate on my last nerve.

Yet Moose and I are still friends.

Proof that two opposites can be true at the same time. Ahhhh Dialectics.

Buddha...you think witches are dressed like nuns!?! CHRISTIAN HATER.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Vogt's missing, but she's super busy at work.

Sarah numbers is missing. 

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • So I'm noticing a lot of various theories on the activity (or lack thereof) on the board. I find this interesting in various ways.
  • I too get sidetracked a lot because of the load time.
  • I feel like a lot of regs are posting less.  They're around some, just not as much.  I also miss the 'my posts' button.  I think before there used to be 3 - 5 really active posts at a time and people posted rapid-fire and then moved on.  If you didn't catch it while it was active, nobody would ever see your post.  Now that you can sort by most recent reply, there are 15 - 20 active posts and it spreads out the conversation.  By the time I cycle through, and occasionally work, it's been 20 - 30 minutes.  And not due to loading speed - just opening, reading, etc. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:a3037aad-b061-4ee7-8c47-1cdcfbfda890">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lots of pepole liked her. I found her to grate on my last nerve. Yet Moose and I are still friends. Proof that two opposites can be true at the same time. Ahhhh Dialectics. Buddha...you think witches are dressed like nuns!?! CHRISTIAN HATER.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Another prime example, I hate Crocs. Fischy hate Twilight. I'd still do her.
  • Vally, I don't want to be a part of your social experiment. 
  • Oh dear.  Did you just question buddha's love for Christian (Bale).  Ohhh hFishy.

I think that's a superfluous use of various there Vally :)

On offboards, it's usually quite obvious when new ones are formed.  I suspect at least one new one was formed (aside from the public one) since the change in format.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:920a5a06-934c-4e93-bd2c-c8ac751d904a">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm noticing a lot of various theories on the activity (or lack thereof) on the board. I find this interesting in various ways.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

Could you possibly be more vague?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-noticed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d057d6da-d006-4654-b1eb-85c168060e24Post:920a5a06-934c-4e93-bd2c-c8ac751d904a">Re: Has anyone else noticed</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm noticing a lot of various theories on the activity (or lack thereof) on the board. I find this interesting in various ways.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]
    was that an "I know something you don't know"?
  • Nebb, Sucrets and I were talking about musical theatre shows we'd done (i.e., Little Shop of Horrors). ;)

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • I would like Vally to variously expand on her various theories.

Yes, Alix. Excellent example.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards