Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

• Options
    Good morning! Kidney stones do not sound like they make for a good holiday weekend. Bay- I was in your town for a house warming party last night. Guess I missed your party by a day! We are getting up soon to do package store and grocery store run. I'm making "Texas Caviar" as an app (it's beans and corn and omg addicting) as well as some adult cupcakes. It's going to be a fun night, the party is here in our building.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning! H just woke me up because he slept through his alarm... Again. I have to go feed animals and then get ready for people to come over tonight. Get better Mr. B. I couldn't imagine having to teach with those.
  • Options
    Barrel- what animals do you have? I want to see a baby Edie! But I would wait until your H finishes school, seems like a good choice.
  • Options
    Been watching the Phish streams the past few nights, doing the same tonight. Last night was really fun, because during the second set we got out our guitars and played along. I have a loooong way to go to become decent, but I'm very encouraged that I have a knack for picking out the notes and playing along. As long as I have the ear, sky's the limit. That was so fun.

Tonight we're having oscar filets for dinner. Nom.

Pisser is I'm out of commission for running, at least another week.
  • Options
    Good Morning! 

FI and I are meeting with our realtor at 1. The house that we put on offer on has a lot of serious issues that were found during the inspection. Luckily I did a little bit of research and they maybe on the hook to fix some of these things because they didn't follow code during thier remodel. (It's a flip company). If they refuse we may just back out, which makes me sad.

Then we're going to our friends house to play some games. 

I was looking forward to our house in 2012, but that's on hold but there's still the wedding!  
  • Options
    Bay - have fun on the cruise!

We got up and decided that we are going to VT afterall.  Two days ago, we were going, then we weren't, at which point FMIL decided it was my fault she wouldn't get to see her son.  Now we are going.  Ugh.  Child moment warning:  I DON"T WANT TO GO!.  Well, I want to see my MOH before she leaves for Las Vegas tomorrow - she's moving :(

• Options
    Hi ladies!  I am making cookies from scratch for my first time ever and I am afraid they're going to be an epic fail.  I think I made them way bigger than they were supposed to be so they took FOREVER to bake but I am afraid that the bottoms got burnt while the tops were still soft.  I just took the first batch out.  Guess we'll see in a few minutes!  I ended up wrapping half the dough in wax paper and throwing it in the fridge to try "slice and bake" for some of them, seems like it might be less messy.  I suck at this.

In other news, I don't think H and I are doing anything tonight other than eating Italian food and drinking champagne at home.  Tomorrow we are having friends over to watch the Bengals.  So happy I have Monday off work!  H has to leave on Tuesday, gone through Friday, boo :(  It's been nice having him here these past 2 months.
  • Options
    Sorry went outside..

Nicki- I have 4 horses.
  • Options
    Hiya!  I forgot about last year's epic NYE thread.  Maybe I won't be as alone here as I thought I would be.  How early is too early to start drinking wine?  

Met a friend and her 3 month old for breakfast.  He is such a happy baby.  So cute.  I need to do the banking/pay bills at some point today.

AF arrived yesterday so I'm frustruated about that.  But it means H and I will have great timing when I see him in 2 weeks.  Unfortunately, if I keep getting AF so soon after O'ing I'll never get knocked up.  *waah*.
  • Options
    Hi hi :)

Yay TR for plans :) babies and houses, so exciting. I hope we get in position to buy in 2012.

We are having a belated Christmas celebration today at my grandma's because my grandma has been a crazypants lately over some family drama and postponed it til this weekend. Then headed to a friend's house for housewarming/NYE party. What should I bring as a gift? They're not alcohol drinkers, which I learned belatedly after already picking up a bottle of wine at a winery in GA last week.
  • Options
    FLowers?  Chocolate?  A plant?
  • Options
    *HUGS* Loopy.  It'll happen for you.

I'm going to wave at all of you in FL as I fly over.  H is going to think I'm a huge dork, but whatever.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-years-eve-let-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d519f47b-166f-42e7-bd28-eaa75ee0baf5Post:689874f3-d21b-4801-b814-4e84280d6399">Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FLowers?  Chocolate?  A plant?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Flowers sounds good. Easy enough.
  • Options
    Hi Holly.  I'd say it's a good bet the tree had something to do with the dry heaving.  I'm glad she's stopped now.

I left Autumn out of her crate while I went to breakfast and she was sleeping on the couch while I was gone (the couch was warm, and she left dog hair behind).  Grr.. not allowed. 
  • Options
    Good afternoon ladies!  I've been at work since 8:00 am, getting our restaurant and two night clubs ready for tonight.  I'm leaving at 8:00 or 9:00 tonight to go back to Queens and grill in the back yard and have some kick ass beers with FI for the midnight count down, and then three days off!

I'm also judging the people just inquiring about availability today.  Really? Yes, the trendy Manhattan restaurant is totally and fully booked. No, I don't think someone will cancel last minute.  Even GA tickets to the clubs are at $350 now (they were $125 two weeks ago).

I think I'm the least hospitable person in hospitality.
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I am visiting Hilton Head for the weekend and spending time making my rounds seeing friends during the short time I am here.  I just got back from the beach and I'm trying really hard not get sucked back into wanting to move back here.  Don't get me wrong, I would love living here again, but I would NEVER go back to my old job and the cost of living here is ridiculous so I would just end up having no money to do anything again.
  • Options
    Anyone still here?  I finally have a break from cleaning and prepping food for tonight.  We even took some of the curtains down and washed them.  We mean business today.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I'm still here.  Watching "Parenthood".  The TV show.
  • Options
    I'm here. Just got home from grocery shopping.
  • Options
    Loopy I love that show. It is one of my new favorites.

I went and had some alone time this morning. Now I am avoiding cleaning and unpacking. I know I will regret this later.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love Parenthood too. It's one of my favorites.
  • Options
    Hiya, I'm just bopping back in.  I was on the treadmill for a while this morning.  Now I am watching football.  I am considering taking a nap.  Life is good.
  • Options
    I'm kind of still here.  My cookie dough never got firm enough to do slice and bake so I just put drops of it on the sheet like with the others.  It seems like they're coming out fine.  My first baking success!
  • Options
    I'm sort of here too. Recovering from my bach party.
  • Options
    I love home baked cookies.  I'm contemplating making some for tonight but I don't know if I have the ambition.
  • Options
    How was it Musu?  What did you guys do?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Abbalish - you can go ahead and send me some cookies.

MuSu-how was the bach party?
  • Options
    Hey MuSu!  How was it?

I might make cookies later.. that sounds good.  
  • Options
    Sorry I got sidetracked. It was super fun! We went out to dinner first and then went back to a hotel room and played some games for a while, then went out to a bar and came back around 2:30. I felt so spoiled all night!
  • Options
    That sounds like a nice night MuSu.  I'm glad you enjoyed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards