Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend

2»

Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend

• Options
    Sarah & I share a love for Mack & Mancos pizza!!!

What is a Bobbie??  A hoagie?
  • Options
    Apparently I need a boat at home, I need liquor for the drive, and we're totally screwed once we get to the mountain. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Wish I had a Bobbie for lunch. Course, I could remedy that pretty quickly, but I'm lazy, and it's cold outside. :)

I've been afraid to walk into Grotto's. I'm enough of a Central Jersey pizza snob that Delaware pizza scares me.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the worst of it is coming overnight, but when I was driving earlier after it had just started flurrying I had someone almost hit me because they decided to pull an illegal u-turn.  SnowPanic has already set in, so I'm sure there will be a lot of accidents in the next couple of hours backing everythign up
  • Options
    Oh yeah, there was snow panic when I was driving home yesterday! Virginian's are crazy...I don't want to be anywhere near this area if the world really does end.

One of the radio dj's the other day said "ok people, calm down, its a snowstorm. It's not like we're living in the 1800's and you'll be stuck in your house for weeks. You'll be back to work on Monday and life will go on."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_east-coasters-should-storm-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d60fc103-97e5-498e-b013-9a4ac82d6183Post:85f7cbe0-083c-4c57-95cd-7b1d1d6a8e0b">Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sarah & I share a love for Mack & Mancos pizza!!! What is a Bobbie??  A hoagie?
    Posted by *BeachBride0410*[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, Mack and Manco's.... *drools*

I may get some of that in the next few weeks, because my FMIL is bringing her sister/our florist down to Ocean City to look at our venues and get ideas, and I'm probably going to go over and meet them. So excited.

A Bobbie is a sub/hoagie/grinder/whatever with Thanksgiving-style turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and mayo. Basically, it's the day after Thanksgiving on a bun.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_east-coasters-should-storm-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d60fc103-97e5-498e-b013-9a4ac82d6183Post:85f7cbe0-083c-4c57-95cd-7b1d1d6a8e0b">Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]S What is a Bobbie??  A hoagie?
    Posted by *BeachBride0410*[/QUOTE]

It's the greatest sandwich.  French bread sub (or hoagie) roll.  Light mayo, real turkey (not deli, off the bone), cranberry sauce, stuffing).

It's awesome

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_east-coasters-should-storm-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d60fc103-97e5-498e-b013-9a4ac82d6183Post:3d419bd4-46ad-4b73-ace7-19a3a53b48aa">Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wish I had a Bobbie for lunch. Course, I could remedy that pretty quickly, but I'm lazy, and it's cold outside. :) I've been afraid to walk into Grotto's. I'm enough of a Central Jersey pizza snob that Delaware pizza scares me.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

haha Grotto's is definitely a love it or hate it kind of pizza, too.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    Yep. Hitting the liquor store right after work. It's not sticking here yet, but it should start to soon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    You guys are all making me hungry, and all I have in the fridge is lite tofu and leftover Indian food that I have to save for dinner. Stop. It.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options

HAHAHAHA!  That is AMAZING Arb!  Thanks for making my day!

Crosswalk
  • Options
    It's been snowing lightly for about 3 hours, but it's coming down harder now.  I think it'll be sticking within the hour.
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_east-coasters-should-storm-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d60fc103-97e5-498e-b013-9a4ac82d6183Post:6e2e12c9-0da9-463a-900e-83fb107c05b9">Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are all making me hungry, and all I have in the fridge is lite tofu and leftover Indian food that I have to save for dinner. Stop. It.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, I'm just torturing myself as I will not be in DE until July.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    mmmmm that Bobbie sounds great!  I have never heard of it & I didn't live far from DE. 

I get made fun of out here in IN for calling them hoagies....my FI mocks me and is like what is a hoagie...when he knows damn well what I mean.  They are called Subs out here.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_east-coasters-should-storm-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d60fc103-97e5-498e-b013-9a4ac82d6183Post:6e2e12c9-0da9-463a-900e-83fb107c05b9">Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are all making me hungry, and all I have in the fridge is lite tofu and leftover Indian food that I have to save for dinner. Stop. It.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Well, Beatles, sounds like somebody needs to come to Delaware. :)

I still crack up when I hear people say pop instead of soda when I'm in the Midwest. It's so cute.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sorry lynda. I really shouldn't complain. There's blue sky and dry roads here currently, so I could take my ass to the store, or to Quiznos so I can pretend to eat any of the delicious things mentioned in this thread.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
     I have to admit im a little jealous of all of the snow storms you guys down there keep getting. Apparently because of the el nino this year all the storms are tracking further south and not hitting the great lakes area as much. We have had almost no snow this winter and its a real bummer. We havnt had more than a dusting on the ground for a month now.
  • Options
    Nebbs, so far the snow storms have cost me over $600 in towing fees and $400 in lost wages, so you are more than welcome to take them all.
  • Options
    It's been snowing since 8am here.  I'm so tired of the snow!  My daughter only had school 1 day this week!  This is the south!  We shouldn't get this much snow!

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_east-coasters-should-storm-this-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d60fc103-97e5-498e-b013-9a4ac82d6183Post:3d419bd4-46ad-4b73-ace7-19a3a53b48aa">Re: East Coasters - What you should do about the storm this weekend</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wish I had a Bobbie for lunch. Course, I could remedy that pretty quickly, but I'm lazy, and it's cold outside. :) I've been afraid to walk into Grotto's. I'm enough of a Central Jersey pizza snob that Delaware pizza scares me.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

I feel you!  I'm from NJ and you can not get a good pizza down here in VA.  People here are all about Papa Johns.  I hate Papa Johns, I refuse to eat it!

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    Amazing!  FI and I were planning on stocking up tonight anyway, but this gives us an extra reason.
  • Options
    I went to the store for basic groceries as usual for a Friday.  No crowds, no panic

I will probably sleep late tomorrow.  No where to go and nothing to do.

Big deal
  • Options
    Sigh....still no Dh for me, he can't leave until the store is done counting the money and they are going reaaaaaly slowly.
  • Options
    We just rescheduled a birthday party that was supposed to be tomorrow, so that's where we're heading tonight! Thankfully it's under a mile from home and our friends have a Suburban so they're comin' to pick us up.  Can't wait.  I am sure starting tomorrow we'll be house bound for the rest of the weekend!

WingStop, here we come, baby.  Please to be having my order ready, spanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards