Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

I'm bored. I have nothing to confess except that I'm vain and keep staring at my wedding photos.  I can't wait to get the disc so I can AW them. 

Please, someone say something scandalous so there'll be a fight or a flaming. (like my near-alliteration?)

Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?

• Snippy tried Confessions yesterday and that got about 40 posts. We're pretty boring around here lately. Sad.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:951e623c-bdf6-4e9c-950e-ce0b79a9d960">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy tried Confessions yesterday and that got about 40 posts. We're pretty boring around here lately. Sad.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

Boo.  hiss.  Lurkers?  Any lurkers wanna come out of lurking and confess something?  Pretty please?
  • I think that's a pretty rational irritation.  It's super irritating, especially when you're coming the other direction and have to stop/slow down to avoid hitting their dumb assses.
  • MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:3c49bd68-c68b-40e7-8bcc-012867ad0c43">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an UnPop Op in my house .. I love Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures. Because I love ghosts, travel, and I find it hilarious how they always yell, "DUDE! I totally have goosebumps, bro!" My H mocks me horribly for it. Can you tell I'm reaching?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I love Ghost Hunters International for the same reason.  In our house it's always "GASP!  Did you hear that?" *Dramatic look to the camera*
  • Sometimes I wish this place would lay me off so I could collect unemployment for a few months.  Flame away.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a5288a95-d4a9-4926-b021-9c13e38a85ab">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! And anyone has hasn't seen/doesn't like Star Wars (the originals) has something wrong with them.

TRUE FACTS.  Let's have a rumble Star Wars Nerds vs. Losers who Don't Like Star Wars (My old sig had H in a Darth Vader costume.  I feel a special connection to you now that you put up your current sig.)
  • Cfas, I love watching ghost shows too! Although they usually completely freak me out. More so than all the murder shows I like to watch by myself. 
  • I'll unlurk to give you guys entertainment since I enjoy reading your flames. You guys all need to get a life. You're married. Move on with your lives. There. Have a nice day :)

October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • This is a lame confession, but my boss called in sick today. I'm SO leaving an hour early. I just can't giveashit about work today.
  • Irrational irritation? Patterned paper towels. H bought a case of paper towels with some fugly pattern on them before I got here and no I have to stare at them all day.

Confession: I am finally getting into Pinterest and it is making me feel like some kind of superstar interior designer. This is embarassing and laughable since I have barely managed to put pictures on the wall anywhere I have ever lived.

And I said this yesterday, but it kind of bums me out how ALL of H's friends are having over the top weddings and I feel like ours was boring and tiny in comparison.
    Photobucket
  • I'll confess that I think a lot of people have been doing more lurking than posting lately because it's easier to lurk than it is to pop up on a thread and be the newb, even if you've joined awhile ago and been around awhile. While I think most people can handle it, sometimes jumping on the newb or ignoring them or flaming them or whatever gets a little old, especially when it's just because they are...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:8f647c0f-500c-44c3-ab8c-e2559d11f0a9">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll unlurk to give you guys entertainment since I enjoy reading your flames. You guys all need to get a life. You're married. Move on with your lives. There. Have a nice day :)
    Posted by snuff9861[/QUOTE]

You'd rather receive wedding advice from someone who's never been married?  Blind leading the blind. That's a good plan.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:57b29317-57d5-4501-ba88-779d15cae1de">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Irrational irritation? Patterned paper towels. H bought a case of paper towels with some fugly pattern on them before I got here and no I have to stare at them all day. Confession: I am finally getting into Pinterest and it is making me feel like some kind of superstar interior designer. This is embarassing and laughable since I have barely managed to put pictures on the wall anywhere I have ever lived. And I said this yesterday, but <strong>it kind of bums me out how ALL of H's friends are having over the top weddings and I feel like ours was boring and tiny in comparison.</strong>
    Posted by RupertPenny[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You are fancy as fuuuck, so you wedding HAD to be awesome. But seriously Anna, your car picture looked very classy and beautiful.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:f7476358-ca97-4470-a0b8-27d37719e55a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is a lame confession, but my boss called in sick today. I'm SO leaving an hour early. I just can't giveashit about work today.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I left early pretty much every day my boss was on vacation/sick/left early himself/ etc. It was pretty awesome only working until 3 everyday when he was on two week vacations.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:a5288a95-d4a9-4926-b021-9c13e38a85ab">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! And anyone has hasn't seen/doesn't like Star Wars (the originals) has something wrong with them.
    They are on the long list of movies I should watch.  I didn't grow up with parents who liked movies, so there are a lot of movies/tv shows that everyone my age has seen that I never have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:55d948b6-609c-4cd7-94a8-cbec1f375701">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll confess that I think a lot of people have been doing more lurking than posting lately because it's easier to lurk than it is to pop up on a thread and be the newb, even if you've joined awhile ago and been around awhile. While I think most people can handle it, sometimes jumping on the newb or <strong>ignoring them</strong> or <strong>flaming them</strong> or whatever gets a little old, especially when it's just because they are...
    Posted by futuremrsbruno[/QUOTE]

I don't think people deliberately ignore newbs. I think people just are more interested in what the people that they are friends with already have to say, so the newbs posts don't get as much attention.  If newbs hang in there, they'll make friends too.

And I don't think people get flamed for being new, they get flamed when they say stupid things.
  • Haha Cfas, that would freak me out! The first 3, yes 3, times I watch the Ring the house phone would ring right when hers did and no one would be there. The third time it happened I about pissed my pants. 
  • I have an unpop op - I don't get vow renewals unless they are for major milestone anniversaries (25th and 50th). While they are accepted as appropriate etiquette-wise, I think they are entirely PPD/AW-ish.
  • Adamar and Anna, I have no flames for your confessions. I think it'd be awesome if you got to hang out and collect unemployment, Adamar.  And Anna, I think it's normal to be a little green when a friend has an over the top wedding.
  • I was once a newb. I don't believe I was ever flamed. I just jinxed myself, I'm sure. 

I'm totally normal, but was bored as hell and disliked all the Star Wars movies (originals and prequels). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:55d948b6-609c-4cd7-94a8-cbec1f375701">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll confess that I think a lot of people have been doing more lurking than posting lately because it's easier to lurk than it is to pop up on a thread and be the newb, even if you've joined awhile ago and been around awhile. While I think most people can handle it, sometimes jumping on the newb or ignoring them or flaming them or whatever gets a little old, especially when it's just because they are...
    Posted by futuremrsbruno[/QUOTE]

Well, you are a newb, so you're just biased.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:79d30d58-ba0a-40d4-b404-c3ff0cf9f9d2">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : I knew we were destined to be friends when I saw your old sigpic. And the nerds would win. We're scrappy.

True facts.  Star Wars nerds forever. Also I know how to fight with my lightsaber so that's definitely a point in the nerds favor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:bfe1bd40-ccb0-4478-bce7-5776e9326618">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : You are fancy as fuuuck, so you wedding HAD to be awesome. But seriously Anna, your car picture looked very classy and beautiful.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I like my wedding, and really I wouldn't want to do anything differently, but it was a daytime wedding with only beer and wine and an ipod reception. No favors, no day after bruch, no centerpieces.These people are all having huge blow outs at country clubs with awesome bands and flowers everywhere and top shelf liquor and multiple engagement parties and day after brunches and we got a freaking shirt as a favor from the last one. It's just at a completely different level.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:82664152-31ac-4048-9738-773cf8122a70">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was once a newb. I don't believe I was ever flamed. I just jinxed myself, I'm sure. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

You had a great opportunity to go BSC when I said your name reminded me of Nazis but you responded like "yup" instead.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:daecd9a1-805a-4d0c-bff8-d6ffd5fe1b7a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : You had a great opportunity to go BSC when I said your name reminded me of Nazis but you responded like "yup" instead.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]
    Haha, I remember that.  She took it like a champ.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-or-unpop-ops-or-something?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e1fa1ca8-f5ac-4c19-ac14-8eff8606ed2cPost:daecd9a1-805a-4d0c-bff8-d6ffd5fe1b7a">Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions or UnPop Ops or something? : You had a great opportunity to go BSC when I said your name reminded me of Nazis but you responded like "yup" instead.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha well it's kinda hard to deny that my name reminds most people of Nazi's. </div>
  • edited June 2012
    I agree with whoever said that thing about vow renewals. Although I do get wanting to celebrate shorter anniversaries (5, 10, 15, etc.) but I really don't get the 1 year ones. 

Edit: Spelling
  • I had an irrational irritation to add, but then I forgot it by the time I got to the end of the posts. D'oh.
  • MUN1 and Cfas, I talked about Star Wars in my vows.  It's H favorite movies.

I have a confession.  I just got my hair cut short after our wedding.  Not a single person in my life has said a word about it.  I cut 8" off, so I know it's noticeable.  Thus leading me to belive that it looks like crap, so everyone just chooses not to say something. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards