Wedding Etiquette Forum

Who's around?

Re: Who's around?

• Ok ladies, I am having an upload fail. Most of my pro pics are over 4MB. If you want to see them, I can send you the link for the pro pics. Here is one from the ceremony.
  • Hi ladies.  H has overnight duty tonight, which stinks because he would have had the entire day off if it wasn't his duty day.  Oh well.  My friend was just over for a while for a happy hour/doggie play date.  Now I'm just hanging out debating what I feel like making for dinner.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • GG -- My best friend lives in PA, and she wasn't available for anything (bridal shower, bachelorette, getting dresses, etc.)  I had to listen to my mom warn me for MONTHS that my BF would "flake out" and not get the dress or make it to the wedding. 

She did.  In the dress.  What NOW, Mom?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Meg I want to see them. PM me the link.

GG one of my best friends is also one I met my freshman year of college. We have literally gone 2 years inbetween seeing each other. When we do get together it's like we've only been apart for a day. Those are the kinds of friendships I cherish. It sounds like your sister is one that won't call someone because she called them last so "it's their turn."
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    DNB how's WW going? I remember you saying you were getting back into it.
  • Yeah, my sister is pretty much nuts sometimes.

I mean, I'm sad about it, of course, I love her and want to see her and the baby. But if she can't make it, she can't make it. I'm pretty sure it will not ruin my shower, or even my wedding if she can't make it. We will still be friends. And even if she flakes out sometimes, so she flakes out. I've done it before too.

Bay-my best friend who is in the wedding has some issues going on and my mom is convinced she won't make it. And, honestly, depending what happens, she might not. But again, she is still my best friend and I will love her no matter what.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey everyone again!

Just got home, about to take H out for a lovely dinner, then some bowling.  Yup, we're weird.  We're the only non-hipster/rednecks at the bowling alley.
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    I'm here! And you have a PM. :)
  • My MOH lives in many states away. She came down in August before wedding to pick out a dress. She made our guest book and was here for us. All I wanted was for here to be here. It was tough for her, but my parents and I helped her to get here. We have been friends for 15 years.
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    Mica shoots guns. I would hate to beat her at bowling.

(I don't think I've ever broken 200 while bowling)
  • If I could help my best friend get down for the wedding I would, but unfortunately it's not about cost or things like that. It's stuff that neither me or her can control. But her mom booked the hotel room and she is booking a refundable flight just in case. I told her if she can't make it we will skype the ceremony to her and she can wear her dress and watch lol.
  • Hi Salt and Saltine!  I'm so excited to see the ticker!!!!  (4 ! worthy)

MK I've actually been doing great on WW this week, thanks for asking.  We even went to Red Robin for dinner last night and I stayed within my points.  I just need motivation for being serious again.  And H and I have cut back on our drinks during the week since he went back full time, which has helped a lot.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:e93fcca1-b7d6-407f-ba55-4b92a64c528dPost:f96be37e-67c4-4165-9c9f-418726186a88">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]She did.  In the dress.  What NOW, Mom?
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Seriously almost made me spit sunflower seeds all over my work computer. But mostly because I pictured some dramatic head movements and hand gestures as that was said... love it.

FWIW, my closest BM (FSIL #1) will be living over 2 hours away at the time of the wedding...next closest BM (FSIL #1) will be living 3ish hours away. Otherwise, I have a BM over 8 hours away at Vet school, my MOH 2 states over (almost 10 hours away), and a potentially 5th BM [haven't asked everyone yet since it is so far out ] who lives in the opposite side of the continent and in Canada. So yeah, I don't expect a show or bachelorette, though my MOH did mention she'd like to drive in and plan one... but that's up to her.

Can't believe your sister is having such a cow when you're okay with it...
  • MK & Liv- you have pms

• mkruparmkrupar member
    edited May 2011
    ::does a happy dance::

YGPM back!

ETA: I should clarify, that PM was for Salt. Meg I'm off to check yours now!
  • I've heard lots of good things about WW from Knotties. I want to look into it now! I'm going to Memphis for a week though so I don't want to start it until after I can enjoy some good southern barbecue ;)
  • KellyB, that's pretty much how it went down.

Hiiii Salt!  Yay for the little Saltine ticker!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e93fcca1-b7d6-407f-ba55-4b92a64c528dPost:395b0425-d196-46d3-9049-ec2618d0993e">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]::does a happy dance:: YGPM back!
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

YAY!

And hi Beachy & Bay!!
  • I'm so much more laidback then my sister at times. I think that's it and she is more high maintenance then I am. Oh well. Onto new things. Why are wedding veils so expensive? I'm probably going to buy one on etsy but I wish I could see it with the dress before hand. Anyone wanna help me shop lol?
  • HI GUYS. IM BACK.

BACK AGAIN.

FISHY'S BACK.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Nothing is wrong with bowling. We go in the summer when the games are only a dollar. Cheap fun.
  • Hi Fishy!!
  • I LOVE bowling! I have my own ball and shoes and errything!

The Margarita Evolution
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    OMG I was so worried Fishy. I'm glad you've returned with all the YELLING!

GG post a pic of your dress. We love accessorizing.
  • Just an update: My sister just apologized. It's totally an apology to stop fighting. But I will take it.
  • Hello everyone I am here. I am watching some sort of cake wars show and they are doing the solar system and one team forgot the sun. The freaking sun. I think we may go out for pizza in a bit, H really wants it and I am not arguing. I have a bridal shower tomorrow that I have to pick some stuff up for, and then the beach on Sunday if the weather gets better. I am contemplating getting a spray tan but I know nothing about them so I am wary.
  • I don't love to help accessorizing, but I love to see what other people can do!

The Margarita Evolution
  • salt78salt78 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-around-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e93fcca1-b7d6-407f-ba55-4b92a64c528dPost:129c7ed6-4ccd-4dab-837c-f49e2f4ab92f">Re: Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE bowling! I have my own ball and shoes and errything!
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

Wait...I'm not through telling my friends....
  • I can accessorize jewelry, to a point, but the veil has been a pain. Mostly because in bridal stores its over $100. I find it ridiculous that a piece of tulle is over a $100. If I was crafty, I would make one myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards