Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Cakesmashing.

2»

Re: Cakesmashing.

• Options
    This is so funny.  I just had the opposite problem with my fiance.  I thought it might be funny to do the cake smash.  He told me under no circumstances did he want me to smash cake in his face, and his sister would be ready with a counter-attack if I did.  I guess I'll be playing nice.  Lol.  And seeing all of these responses makes me feel like I made the right decision. 
  • Options
    This is so funny.  I just had the opposite problem with my fiance.  I thought it might be funny to do the cake smash.  He told me under no circumstances did he want me to smash cake in his face, and his sister would be ready with a counter-attack if I did.  I guess I'll be playing nice.  Lol.  And seeing all of these responses makes me feel like I made the right decision. 
  • Options
    Tell him that the Macarena is a go only if there's no cake smashing...

I have no real opinion on the issue at hand, other than if BOTH parties want it, then go for it. We won't be doing it because it's not us, but it doesn't bother us when other couples choose to do it.

I can't understand why he'd want to intentionally go ahead with it knowing that it upsets you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How many things have you asked him to do? Probably if you like most girls then its more then he has asked of you. If its a small piece of cake it won't get everywhere. Just let him do it and mob on with the day. A little cake should not make you run off crying, humiliate him, and ruin your wedding night. Grow-up. Bring some lip gloss and tell him not to get it on your dress.
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cakesmashing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:e97e3764-668b-4837-86ad-ead7028100a6Post:a225b5bb-7e6b-405c-968b-1832da6ff758">Re: Cakesmashing.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How many things have you asked him to do? Probably if you like most girls then its more then he has asked of you. If its a small piece of cake it won't get everywhere. Just let him do it and mob on with the day. A little cake should not make you run off crying, humiliate him, and ruin your wedding night. <strong>Grow-up</strong>. Bring some lip gloss and tell him not to get it on your dress.
    Posted by sari9912[/QUOTE]

You're telling the bride to grow up when it's the groom who wants to do something very immature that the bride doesn't want him to do and shouldn't have to accept?

A "little cake" can leave a big mess.  Lip gloss won't cover any damage to her facial makeup that's not on her lips, and the cake and frosting can get on the dress anyway when it's smashed-especially since "smashing" implies the use of force.

The groom is the one who needs to grow up-not the bride.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards