Options

"Bride" stuff

2»

Re: "Bride" stuff

• Options
    I really like the

Mrs. Smith
    est. x-x-10

That's what I plan on getting so I can wear it whenever.
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:cb765e70-8b2d-4b79-9525-d39ea7dce092">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]My best friend/MOH got me a "Soon-to-be Mrs. _____" shirt when I got engaged. It was cute, but I only wore it a few times. I felt weird wearing it 2 years in advance of the wedding, so I saved it for closed to the date.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Yeah, two years isn't really "soon" in my world.  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I have several pairs of bride underthings :o) that I got from the semi-annual sale at victoria's secret for like $1 each.  I want a "Mrs." accessory for the honeymoon cruise though!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I got iron-on "tying the knot" and "bridesmaid" bling to put onto tank tops for the day of...

otherwise I registered for a few things like wine stoppers with my new last initial and then I found a monogram keychain- i figure if you stick to the monogram, you could use it more often...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I made my own tanks, both say bride in crystal. One has it on the front, and one on the back. It was easy to do, and for me it was cheaper to make it then buy it.
  • Options
    I've got a "Bride" robe thing I will be wearing day of while getting ready - but I really want "Mr." and "Mrs." luggage tags - but that's it. You're only a "Bride" for one day - why spend all that money for something you will be wearing for a few hours?? If someone wanted to get me a shirt or something for the HM - I would want "New Mrs. ____"
  • Options
    Whit, you have PM.

I have a tank top for the day of.  I love monogrammed stuff, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of stuff with my last initial on it.
  • Options
    I'm getting a black tank top that says "Bride" on it for my bacherlorette party.  That's about it though.   And only if I can find one under $20.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    i'm buying custom converse with my new last name on them.  i wear my chuck taylors almost everyday so i know these will get worn.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:fef93361-b20c-4f3d-a191-c4c1026f8903">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Bride" stuff : I'm sorry, but I couldn't take a wedding planner seriously if she walked around bridal expos in a shirt with the word "Planner" in puffy paint.
    Posted by mags0607[/QUOTE]

She's not like an established planner. She's just helped several people plan weddings in the past, and she's helping me out with mine. She's just a good friend of mine and for everything she's done we call her the "wedding planner".
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:4e4ff233-4058-488c-8637-d2268fee46d6">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Bride" stuff : She's not like an established planner. She's just helped several people plan weddings in the past, and she's helping me out with mine. She's just a good friend of mine and for everything she's done we call her the "wedding planner".
    Posted by brimcleod[/QUOTE]

I have a hard time taking anyone over 13 seriously wearing puff paint, personally.  And, this does not bode well for your designer aspirations.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I can't wait to get back to work from the honeymood order my new business cards and change the signature on my emails!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am going to splurge a little and get a return address stamp from Etsy with Mr & Mrs our-last-name and a bird design similar to the one on our invitations.

I'll also get purple ink. Cool

No "bride" stuff to wear, though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:b8b01f70-4282-4dd1-b8d4-ed5f6ba0b0ae">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Bride" stuff : I have a hard time taking anyone over 13 seriously wearing puff paint, personally.  And, this does not bode well for your designer aspirations.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Squirrly- I <3 you for that!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    So maybe this isn't classy but I'm buying underwear that say 
    Mrs. Carter 
    Est. 6-20-2010

I think FI will get a kick out of them.
    imageGraphics In a world of crazy we need as many hugs as we can get.
  • Options
    Stationary.
    I love notes.
  • Options
    I just got a new gmail account with my new last name, but that's what I've gotten so far (still have a long time to go)!

I want to get some "bride" clothing too, but not too much since I'll probably only wear it once..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:485a320b-1676-410e-b431-7a6b88dcdedc">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Squirrly, I have a hoodie from cafepress that's a great material: <a href="http://www.cafepress.com/+married+sweatshirts-hoodies" rel="nofollow">http://www.cafepress.com/+married+sweatshirts-hoodies</a> It's pretty lightweight but still warm.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]

Do you know how thick/thin the material is for the zipups? I'd like to wear one for our Alaskan honeymoon and don't know if I should get the zipup or pullover. Thanks!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bride-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eabb8657-f6fa-4e2e-9c4b-59cd3e856e93Post:b8b01f70-4282-4dd1-b8d4-ed5f6ba0b0ae">Re: "Bride" stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "Bride" stuff : I have a hard time taking anyone over 13 seriously wearing puff paint, personally.  And, this does not bode well for your designer aspirations.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't have any puff paint on it at all, actually. My friend who's helping me plan was the only one who used puff paint.
  • Options
    I bought Bride and Bridesmaid rhinestones at JoAnns for cheap and we're going to put them on black tank tops for my bachelorette in Vegas this summer. I have to admit I'm totally into bride thing because well...I've waited a long time for Mr. Right. hehe
    I definitely would love some sort of hoodie that I could wear on my honeymoon.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i saw some flip flops with 'just' 'married' on them i like...

my new passport, driving licence etc will all have my married name - might have a pen or something as well

cant wait to be Mrs Rebekah Carton!
  • Options
    I liked someone's idea of the luggage.  I need new luggage anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards