Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Happy Hump Day Leap Year!

Morning, lovlies. 

Friday's coming eventually, right?  I feel like this week is dragging by.
The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
"So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!

• Options
    Happy Leap Day!
  • Options
    Happy Leap Year!
  • Options
    Hi.  Good Morning.  Happy Leap Year!  
  • Options
    Morning. I wouldn't even have known it was leap day/year without being told.

My morning started off with an irritation. Some d-bag cop comes speeding up behind me and I swear is like 3 inches from my bumper. I couldn't go anywhere with traffic, but that didn't stop him. Finally he waves around me, gives me the finger, then turns on the lights for a few seconds, I guess to prove that he's a big bad cop and I should bow down to him. Ass. Plus the fog was so thick you could barely see in front of you, so apparently driving safe wasn't his concern.
  • Options
    Really? He gave you the finger? Wow.
  • Options
    Sesh, I'd consider reporting him.  Public servants should not be giving law abiding (or any, really, for that matter) citizens the bird.
  • Options
    My house's dishwasher didn't fully drain and got stuck in the cycle about 50 minutes in (it still cleaned better than my dishwasher at the rental, though).  And I found a leak under the kitchen sink.

FML, now I'm worried the house is a money pit. 
  • Options

Happy Day to all.

Sesh, report the jerk, such inappropriate activity for a public servant.  Crazy fool!

Mica, most houses are money pits.  You will get very good at trying to temporarily fix somethings yourself.  It can be very frustrating.  In the end it is so worth it!

• Options
    Eh, it's kind of the norm from what I understand about Jax cops. I've always heard about how douchey they can be from people who have lived here for years (not to say they are all like that, of course).

Is the leak a simple fix? The one time we had a leak, it was because the damn rats had chewed a fist-size hole through the pipe. Jerks.
  • Options
    Morning!

Damn, Sesh, I'm with Mica.  I'd report that.

No sign of snow yet, but my fingers are crossed.  Having my 7:30 - 10 PM class canceled for tonight would bring me great joy.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I think the leak is from the water filtration system.  Replacing the filter (it appears ancient) might do it, but that'd be a $100+ experiment as I looked up the replacement cartridge last night.

I need a plumber anyway because a faucet isn't working and there's a different drippy faucet, so I could ask his opinion on the sink leak.  And I found a google thing on how to check for causes of dishwashers that don't drain.

I can do a bunch of simple home repairs, but I was sort of hoping to unpack and enjoy the house a bit (especially after all the ordeals with the painters) before having to deal with all this crap.
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate house stuff. We try to do what we can ourselves so we don't bug the landlord too much (especially now since they just paid to have that huge tree taken out), but the house is old and stuff breaks all the time. Right now one of the bathroom sinks has a small leak from the knob. So annoying.
  • Options
    Morning.  I'm so ready for this week to be over.  I have not been motivated to come in all week.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I hear what you're saying, Adamar.

I slept like crap last night.  Not enough coffee in the world today.

• Options
    Happy leap year! :) Someone moved the calendar in our break room to March already. Ooops.

Sesh, just because they're all jerks doesn't mean they shouldn't be reported. Eventually, somethings got to give.

Tonight FI and I are seeing a free prescreening of 21 Jumpstreet. I'm pretty excited!
  • Options
    Bay, I haven't even gotten coffee all week!  I only get it on the weekends now because I've been doing a smoothie for breakfast :(

• Options
    You are soooo much better than me.  I don't drink coffee on weekends but I need it to get through the day at work.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:3cb2443a-a91b-4a91-9d62-37d0da8073b2">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]HapTonight FI and I are seeing a free prescreening of 21 Jumpstreet. I'm pretty excited!
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

How do you get to see a pre-screening? Those opportunities never come my way.

H and I haven't been to the movies in forever, but we are going for John Carter and The Hunger Games. We've already decided to go early on a Tuesday to avoid the crowds.
  • Options
    I'm kind of intrigued by this oil cleansing thing.  Does anyone do it? 

• Options
    I am so excited for Hunger Games.  I never go to the movies either, Sesh, I think I went to maybe two last year?  I can't justify the expense anymore -- the ticket prices have gotten insane, so I only go when I REALLY want to see something.  HG and the Hobbit are the only films that I KNOW I'll see in theatres this year.

H keeps counting down the days until HG comes out.  I'm so glad that he decided to read the books.  I haven't seen him this excited for a film in ever.

• Options
    I think the last movie we saw in the theater was HP7P2.  We don't go often because we just don't have time, plus we're cheap and it's gotten so dang expensive.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_happy-hump-day-leap-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb70667c-db43-4bcb-aa0e-8d38b3701f04Post:a37eb1e7-1297-4caa-aac6-221213e2015b">Re: Happy Hump Day Leap Year!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm kind of intrigued by this oil cleansing thing.  Does anyone do it? 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Me too Admar!
  • Options
    The last movie we saw was the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but that was the first movie in a long time. We have a rewards card, so usually we get free popcorn or a free ticket when we go, which is nice.

H wants to see both movies opening weekend, but no. Just no. We saw Thor opening weekend and NEVER AGAIN.
  • Options
    FI handled getting the prescreening tickets. I've never done it before, but he said he just "signed up" for it. They do purposely overbook, so you have to get there early to ensure a seat.

I am so stoked for the Hunger Games.
  • Options
    The last movie we saw in theatres was Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.  Which I really didn't want to see because I didn't really like the first one, but my sister was begging us to go with her and H got two free tickets through work, so what the hell.  I ended up really liking it, it was way better than the first movie.  Plus Robert Downey Jr. = pretty damn sexy.

• Options
    Bay, I wanted to see that so bad! I loved the first one too.

The last time we went to the movies, we saw two in one day. The Woman in Black - Creepy as hell and awesome. Old school horror movie. The Vow - I liked it a lot, didn't love it, but it was your typical chick flick.
  • Options
    The last movie I saw in a theater was the first Hangover.  Then before that it was the first Sex and the City movie.  I dislike going to movie theaters :)  We are going to see Hunger Games when it comes out, but that's at a 'nice' theater that has leather recliner seats and drink service, so I should be ok :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Morning!

It's rainy today so I was late to work because of all the traffic. Oh well.

We actually go to the movies a lot. It's my husbands favorite thing to do ever. We'll probably see something this weekend, I'm not sure what. Most likely one of the Oscar nominated films. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards