Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW! Sad Panda!

HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on in. Sit down. Let's chat.
Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution

Re: AW! Sad Panda!

• Options
    "something mean"

;) keeding!
  • Options
    HAHA VallyHoo - Your sig picture just made me laugh REALLY loud.

iiii love it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I understand feeling this way.  But, in my experience, people who don't feel noticed don't share much of themselves.  If we don't know who you are, we're less likely to "chat" with you.  Also, if you express yourself softly, in general terms, it'll be harder.  You have to give us something to talk to you about. 

Try it.  :D  Not just more posts, but more meaningful posts.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Thank you Mac!
  • Options
    i disagree squirrly. I've been posting often too, but my things hardly get the amount of feedback that other "regs" post and I indeed do share and try to reach out. Some of the regs just have to reach back. Some have, others still only respond to the people who have been around here longer. It's a 2 way street. :-)

I feel bad for the Sad Panda posting because I can sympathize. 
    Keep on keepin' on Sad Panda! We should all be a little bit more welcoming and open to new people.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    :: REEEEAACHHHEESSSSS To Sep72 ::

.....OUCH.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    FISCHE: REEEACHES BACK! Love the new siggy btw. :-)

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    I don't talk to anyone.  I still don't talk to squirrly.  And she's been her for fricken ever and she's a mod.

Don't take it personally Sad Panda.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Sep, you just have to keep posting and eventually you'll be recognized, etc. So many people come and go here, you just have to become one of those people we're used to seeing everyday.

I can't see sigs, but sometimes having a memorable sig helps too (for those that can see them).
  • Options
    OH MY GOD SEP72, IVE HAD THIS ONE FOR LIKE....WEEKS!!!

WHY DONT YOU NOTICE ME!!?!!?

Kidding.

And Mandy is a truth sayer. She didn't like me when we started posting. Neither did Moose. AND NOW LOOK AT US.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm the queen of flying under the radar, I think :)
  • Options
    Why do you miss your guitar, Sep?  Where did it go?

My little brother is sponsored by Rickenbacker, so I've been informed I'm not allowed to like Fender.  But that picture is pretty freakin' cool.
  • Options
    cfaz and abbalish, for real? I SEE YOU.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    personally I've always taken the say something totally insane method to getting noticed.
  • Options
    God, i'm a moron, I thought it was a jar of jelly, not a guitar.

Sheesh.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Vally, quit being so crazy, k?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I thought it was a picture of a wine bottle through a porthole.

(see ^? Insane.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-sad-panda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb8ed37b-0038-44e5-b054-4a67aa79995aPost:baa773d4-c124-4435-ba6e-9834e2795aba">Re: AW! Sad Panda!</a>:
    [QUOTE]God, i'm a moron, I thought it was a jar of jelly, not a guitar. Sheesh.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I could kind of see that, except...EXCEPT...she says she misses her guitar :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    I didn't GET IT, ok? I DIDNT GET IT.

But now I see it says Fender right there.

But Vally's is worse. WAY worse.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Vally's cupcakes make me happy.  And hungry.
  • Options
    I don't like to talk about my 'cakes.
  • Options
    AND NOW THE GUITAR IS GONE SO NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE ME AND THEN REALLY THINK IM CRAZY.

CRY-INK.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

I still want to hear the Fender story, but that e-pic is kind of adorable.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-sad-panda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb8ed37b-0038-44e5-b054-4a67aa79995aPost:837994ba-82eb-4096-a2fe-0ea3c860fe54">Re: AW! Sad Panda!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like to talk about my 'cakes.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

Then maybe you shouldn't be flashing them all over a public message board, hmm? 

cakehoar.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    sep, I need a nickname for your SN, because I don't have a clue what to try to call you.  :D  I also thought your sig was a bottle of wine.  But, I seem to remember you in a black dress in a previous sig. 

I've seen you post, here and there.  And, I've seen people answer you.  But, 341 posts really isn't a lot for people to get to know you on a personal level, KWIM?  I'm not saying be a PW, I'm just saying until people have learned a bit about you, it's hard. 

It also matters how you say what you say.  If your posts are just questions and no followup, that's tough.  If it's just empathy, that's tough.  Personally, once I have a better idea of who somebody is on here - what makes them tick - it's easier for me to respond to them, because I know more of what would be impactful, or funny, or whatnot. 

I've seen people become known here quickly.  And I've seen people post here and there for a long time and never become part of the core community.  I don't think it's just being new.  I think it's how you present yourself.

Does that make sense?  And, that's just my personal view, but I've heard others express similar sentiment before as well.

Ultimately, I'm not knocking the sad panda - just trying to give a bit of advice on how to break through, so to speak. 

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Your cupcakes bring all the sprinkles to the yard.

And they're like? I wanna lick yours. Damn right. They wanna like yours, you can have one, but you gotta wait for show'rs.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    *throws sprinkles at TR*

cakewar
  • Options
    Aw you guys are all crazy. My dad guitar-napped it when I left for school. I will never get it back, but that's okay. He put a pick-up on it and convereted it into an electric accoustic. It's a 1972 Fender (hence sep72fendr)with mother-of-pearl inlay. It was beautiful. I finally gave in and realized I'm not getting it back from him because he uses it for his music ministry at his church. And I can't steal it from him. Lol I wanted to change my siggy pic so people can finally see what my sig stands for, but I guess it was kinda like *woosh*  not connecting. ANYWHO.

I got pix back from my e-shoot and wanted to change it to a completely random one. Hope it works!

Aaaaand SHAZAM.

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-sad-panda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb8ed37b-0038-44e5-b054-4a67aa79995aPost:0d4b5843-017f-4a59-b5d0-66f1854ef507">Re: AW! Sad Panda!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm the queen of flying under the radar, I think :)
    Posted by abbalish[/QUOTE]

you're loud and clear on my radar!  Ha-cha-cha-cha-cha!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I am glad you explained your name because I swear I thought it was an, um, interesting spelling of September.

Sepfender, September. close no?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards