Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW! Sad Panda!

13»

Re: AW! Sad Panda!

• Options
    the simpsons. but they both start with "the"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-sad-panda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb8ed37b-0038-44e5-b054-4a67aa79995aPost:c17e5794-a555-43aa-b7dd-03ad208a7ddf">Re: AW! Sad Panda!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW! Sad Panda! : yep. purple monkey dishwasher.
    Posted by laladypoet[/QUOTE]

or my favorite, courtesy of Sarah#s:

How many hobos does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Giraffe. Purple's not a fruit. Now give me a dollar.
  • Options
    huh. you guys were talking about something else.
    giraffe. because red is not a fruit. now give me a dollar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-sad-panda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb8ed37b-0038-44e5-b054-4a67aa79995aPost:fff1df71-8f2c-42e8-9a93-f28924c1d747">Re: AW! Sad Panda!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW! Sad Panda! : or my favorite, courtesy of Sarah#s: How many hobos does it take to change a lightbulb? A: Giraffe. Purple's not a fruit. Now give me a dollar.
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]
    dude. get out of my head.
  • Options
    that's hilarious
  • Options
    Um.... for 20 bucks I'll call ya a chicken fucker?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I just have to say though, this place is super nice now. when I first started lurking here, if someone said "No one talks to me," the response would've been "well, because you suck."
  • Options
    That's because you DID suck.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    don't be upset just because I told you what time it was when you got here.
  • Options
    Hammertime?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Fishy Foofy
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-sad-panda?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:eb8ed37b-0038-44e5-b054-4a67aa79995aPost:07297ae5-d641-4188-bcbe-ac9050be2158">Re: AW! Sad Panda!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fishy Foofy
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

don't be alarmed, but I wanna be on you.
  • Options
    *fans self*
  • Options
    I feel the same way as sad Panda and sep a lot of times. I figured it's probably because I'm new and when I knot at work I sometimes have to post and run and don't really stick around during the day to be able to converse back and forth. However, it can be frustrating when I try to contribute to conversations and feel completely ignored and like I'm not even there. It can make me just not want to post anymore and lurk instead. However, that goes against posting more and letting people have the chance to learn who I am.

The only time I feel noticed is when I'm drunk knotting and post a whole bunch willy nilly or when I end up putting my foot in my mouth or write something where my sarcasm doesn't seem to translate into print very well and I end up sounding like a biitch. Then I'm worried about being noticed...
  • Options
    birdie, I recognize you. your FI looks almost EXACTLY like a buddy of mine :)
  • Options
    I like your dog avatar Birdie. Although it goes against what my brain expects to see there. (a bird(ie), obviously)
  • Options
    Yay! :) I DID notice that newbies with pictures in their sigs get noticed more than those without, so I decided to throw one in last week.

I don't know if you can tell from the pic, but we KIND of have similar face structures... Not totally but enough for one of my coworkers to ask if he was my brother when we were at my company Christmas party this last year. I was like ummmm no... I do not share a bed with my brother.
  • Options
    Birdie, I notice you too.  Course, the Kentucky connection helps there.  But, I notice you. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Birdie that happened to me, too. We were at a happy hour and a random guy came up and asked Mr Panda if I was his sister. Awkward.
  • Options
    Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2010
    Yeah Squirrly I was going to throw that in to. Maybe another factor is that people tend to notice those that are from their region and there just aren't that many from ours that post on E or SB. Whenever I go to the local boards or my club board, I get a lot more responses from people... probably because we have more common interest in the topic we're discussing.\

ETA: maybe not so much common "interest" but common "background"?
  • Options
    I dunno, I fell like our locals are pretty dead.  I think it's because there aren't very many Kentucky gals who venture out to "the big bad international boards."  Me, LVB, Kate, and you.  That's all I can think of.  And Louisville isn't a small town. 

I tend to pay extra attention to anybody local because I might know them.  :D
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Yeah I've noticed that the Kentucky board is a lot more dead than the Louisville board for some reason. The LV board seems to go in spurts. I pop in on the Indiana board sometimes since our wedding will be in IN, but it seems like the majority of those people are from Indy and on up to Ft. Wayne. No Southern Indiana folks anywhere...

I got to talking to LVB and turns out her family probably knows my family from her hometown! It's a small world. We're planning a GTG for next week with Kate. I'm excited for meeting new people!
  • Options
    Well, obviously I know you too.

Thanks to thestupidknot errors, you posted as MandaPanda, and my first thought was, "MandaPanda's new dog looks just like Birdie's."
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards