Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!

I'm bummed that Scotty won.  I think he should have went home a while ago anyways, but I definitely think Lauren did better this week.  

Does anyone else think they are dating?  It looked like they kissed when he was announced the winner but cameras cut away quick.  Then when he was hugging everyone he said "I love you baby."  He did also say "I love you man" to James Durbin, but baby?  Andddd then what Ryan was talking to him, he said "Lauren and I have been together since this thing started and will be together always."  Or something similar.  Hmmmm...

Opinions?  Anyone?  Want to tell me to STFU about Idol and talk about ANYTHING else NWR?  Name it.  
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!

• Options

I missed Idol last night.  I like scotty and am not suprised he won at all.  I think it would be super cute if they were together. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow I guess I was too excited after Scotty won to hear any of that stuff! Lol. I have it on my DVR though so when I get home I'm definitely replaying the end so I can see all of that! I have thought for a few weeks now though that there was some sparks on stage when they're up there together! I really like Scotty though, but I'm a HUGE Josh Turner fan and his voice makes me think of him so that's probably why! I really liked Haley too, I like the Adele/Alanis kind of voice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also think that Scotty should have been gone a long time ago but I knew he had a huge fan base and basically kissed that wish byebye a long time ago. Lauren definately did better this week. I'm sad she won't get to record that song she sang for her mother since she didn't win.

I don't know much about the relationship status of either one. I know a lot of people wish they would date. That's as far as my knowledge goes on that matter.

I was switching back and forth between Idol and the Reds v Phillies game so I missed a lot of the interviews and such afterwards. It was an exciting part of the game!
  • Options
    I also think it would be really cute.  I liked him a lot in the beginning, I just didn't think he was that good to be on their past people like Casey and some others.  But that's the thing with Idol, it's not necessarily talent, it's poopularity.  I think Lauren is really good, but I also think she should have went a while ago because for a long time she was just half-assing it.  I don't think she should have made it to the finals based on her peformances, but she is a really good singer when she puts effort into it.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't watch Idol, but I found this season of DWTS to be kind of depressing.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I have no opinions about Idol but I am very open to talking about anything NWR. I can't think of any interesting topics right now though, so that's pretty useless.
  • Options
    Sarah I've watched DWTS in the past, but I didn't watch at all this year because I had no interest at all in their "stars."  I didn't hear nearly as much talk about it this season, so I wonder if they had bad ratings.  Either way, I think it's on too much.  It's not even once a year, i think it's twice a year.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DNB - Casey was my favorite. He's so talented with musical instruments and I loved his style. Band geeks unite!

I don't watch DWTS - but I am proud of myself for figuring out what that stood for!
  • Options
    annakb8annakb8 member
    First Comment
    I think we are entering the time of year when there is nothing good on TV. All I have to get me through the summer is the Bachelorette.
  • Options

A new season of so you think you can dance starts tonight.  I love that show.  The contemporary numbers always make me cry.

• Options
    I am not surprised Scotty won but I like his voice for country, so I'm not upset either. I don't think Lauren's voice is strong enough for country, I think she would be much better suited for pop music (like she sang in her audition). I was a huge fan of Haley's though and she is probably my favorite contestant on Idol since...well, almost anyone, so there's that. I pretty much hated everyone else from this season.

In other news, i'm here for the afternoon because I woke up with a migraine that was debilitating. No work for me. bleh.
  • Options
    I had to rewind that a few times, they definitely kissed and I thougth something was going on as well.  I was kind of on the fence about the winner, so good for him.  It's not like she gets the boot anyway, there are some second place AI contestants who end up more successful or just as the winner.  If anything, she isn't tied into a contract with Fox now and can do her own thing.
  • Options
    I watched Idol last night and FI definitely said something about they look like they're dating. Even though Scotty lives an hour and a half away from me, I wanted Lauren to win. 
  • Options
    I def. saw everything you did. Right after I heard the I love you baby part I turned to fiance and said I guess they are dating. And I thought I was just being crazy cause I thought I saw them kiss.

At least I am not the only one:)
  • Options
    Good point andress, you don't even have to get 2nd to be successful. Wasn't Daughtry 4th or something like that?

Then there's some that have won the whole thing and they've dropped off the face of the planet it seems like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:cdb87545-f20c-46b4-8655-1748d95e39a6">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]A new season of so you think you can dance starts tonight.  I love that show.  The contemporary numbers always make me cry.
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]

That is my FAVORITE show. I love that it is on during the summer (minus that one random season) because then no other shows get in the way of it for me.
  • Options
    I don't watch Idol or most reality TV, so I don't think I can really add anything to this conversation.  But yeah, it is dead here.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I was a little disappointed Scotty won, I was sad when Pia, Casey and James were kicked off, I thought they were far more talented than any of the final three.  I do think that Scotty has a country voice that could make him a star (although I don't listen to much country music myself, he seems to be the quintessential country boy).

I also thought there was something going on between he and Lauren.  I'm sure we will find out more soon enough. 

Does anyone know if Casey and Haley are still dating?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was really surprised last night when FI said, we have to watch SYTYCD.
  • Options
    I did not watch Idol this year. The first season I ever watched was last season, but this season I was just not interested. I also do not have a DVR and can never remember to watch anything when it premieres.
  • Options
    I don't watch a lot of tv, but I'm always up for cooking-related discussions.  Anyone make anything interesting lately?  I can't wait to try out some of the crock pot recipes I found yesterday.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    I definitely think Lauren could still have a career.  But I am a little sad that her "single" will never be released.  I actually thought it was a really good song, and probably the best single AI has put together.  I thought Scotty's was lame, but before Lauren's I thought every Idol single ever has been lame.  

Did anyone watch the Bachelorette?  I'm not a big Ashley fan to begin with, so I don't know if I can handle the whole season of her.  Batman is just creepy.  And when they show her sobbing in her bed later in the season about Bentley I just called her an idiot because she was definitely warned about him.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:6e370c36-24b9-4960-83e4-fb7dbdd158cd">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was a little disappointed Scotty won, I was sad when Pia, Casey and James were kicked off, I thought they were far more talented than any of the final three.  I do think that Scotty has a country voice that could make him a star (although I don't listen to much country music myself, he seems to be the quintessential country boy). I also thought there was something going on between he and Lauren.  I'm sure we will find out more soon enough.  <strong>Does anyone know if Casey and Haley are still dating?</strong>
    Posted by July2012bride[/QUOTE]

They were dating? Weird. Casey just gave me the super heeby jeebies.
  • Options
    Also I am so obsessed with SYTYCD that I have previously made lists of my top 25 favorite dances of all time on that show because I am that much of a nerd. I'm cool I know.
  • Options
    I stopped watching this season when Paul was voted off.  These two were the only two that I honestly did not remotely care for this season, but they're so young that I'm really happy for them even though I don't enjoy them.  I hope that Paul, Casey, and Haley release something (individually) that I can download soon.  I really enjoyed all three of them, but I felt like everyone else was pretty common. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:12d28c52-11ee-48dd-844c-1503d5e087f6">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : They were dating? Weird.<strong> Casey just gave me the super heeby jeebies</strong>.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

eye to eye musical.
  • Options
    Mel - I LOVE Paul. I hope he ends up doing something.
  • Options
    Ugh, the Bachelorette is going to piss me off!  I'll still watch of course, but man I can't stand Ashley.  She seems so fake and scripted.  I like Ryan a lot though, he's been my fav from the start.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_idol-anyone-anything-nwr-talk-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f16793bd-42c2-4e63-bc18-b4b95e33a2dcPost:12d28c52-11ee-48dd-844c-1503d5e087f6">Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idol anyone? Or anything NWR to talk about? PLEASE?! : They were dating? Weird. Casey just gave me the super heeby jeebies.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Blasphemer.  I want to curl up and live in his beard.  But I pretty much fall for anyone with a beard. 
  • Options
    I don't know, it wasn't just his look that creeped me out, it just was his whole demeanor. I really liked him during the auditions and then he just made me uncomfortable. Haley on the other hand, is a rockstar and I can't wait for her to release something.

I also love country music though so the fact that Scotty won is less bothersome because of that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards