Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

FFF

1242526272830»

Re: FFF

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f801d9b0-c588-4fd4-8a64-ee635f1882b0Post:bba69f7d-aa94-40a2-b9a7-ae34e2e1a1e5">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> really want to go to a drive-in now. With food trucks</strong>.  also, my grandpas? Both 74. I'm a baby.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

See!? Its got potential.
    Ill start working on my business plan.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f801d9b0-c588-4fd4-8a64-ee635f1882b0Post:e1a2d1f0-1287-43f0-abb6-258b3d269d81">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last story about douchey cousins.  The same cousin who lives 2 min away got married a few years ago.  The DJ came on the mic and said this little speech about how "Bride wants to do a special dance with her grandfather because he means so much to her". It was her other grandfather.  The look of excitement and then embarassment on my Papous face when that happened is something I will never forget, nor will I ever forgive her for. She didnt even take a picture with him at her wedding.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>What a fvvcing biiitch!  </div><div>
    </div><div>Look, I can do a voodoo doll...that shiiiiit deserves a flipping voodoo doll.  I don't even know your Papou, and I'm piised off.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>And I got BM's voice mail...I'm not shocked...they have a huge family.</div>
  • Options

Thats ok.  I more than made up for it at my wedding.  He was in the limo with  my parents, I got him a bout, he walked in with the groomsmen at the church, he got introduced at the reception (it was awesome, everyone went nuts cheering and clapping), we had our own special dance by ourselves, and he was in all my pics.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f801d9b0-c588-4fd4-8a64-ee635f1882b0Post:c8af2218-f446-424f-a3b5-3c565095cdb2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats ok.  I more than made up for it at my wedding.  He was in the limo with  my parents, I got him a bout, he walked in with the groomsmen at the church, he got introduced at the reception (it was awesome, everyone went nuts cheering and clapping), we had our own special dance by ourselves, and he was in all my pics.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

You're a wonderful granddaughter, that's so lovely.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I sorta loved seeing my grandfather at my wedding, he made best buddies with Adams grandfather and the two were inseperable for the whole day it was so cute. Grandpas rock.
  • Options
    That was probably one of the proudest days in his life. Very sweet.

So, we are going down to Del Mar for the weekend and I couldnt be more excited. Its been about 96-99 here all week and Im ready for a break from the heat!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    JCG, I really like the sleeves on your dress. 

I am super sad my gramma didn't make it to my wedding. She broke her back. We sent flowers (copies of the centerpieces), and my non-douchey relatives brought back favors, programs, and photos. When my brother flew home, he dropped by with more photos and the video H's aunt took. 
  • Options
    I just got back from visiting my Nana at the nursing home with my dad. We couldn't get her to wake up while we were there, so we just kind of sat there and talked to each other while she slept. They told him a few weeks ago that she likely could be in the last 6 months of her life. She's 88 and my last grandparent. I need to try to get there more often, even if she is asleep or unresponsive.

It warms my heart to hear how many good grandchildren there are there. I feel like a lot of people (Blue's cousins, case in point) kind of ignore their grandparents as they get older and it's really sad.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f801d9b0-c588-4fd4-8a64-ee635f1882b0Post:bf624484-2f6d-458b-985d-29b6d75558f3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]JCG, I really like the sleeves on your dress.  I am super sad my gramma didn't make it to my wedding. She broke her back. <strong>We sent flowers (copies of the centerpieces)</strong>, and my non-douchey relatives brought back favors, programs, and photos. When my brother flew home, he dropped by with more photos and the video H's aunt took. 
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I really wish I would have thought of this!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-100?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f801d9b0-c588-4fd4-8a64-ee635f1882b0Post:bf624484-2f6d-458b-985d-29b6d75558f3">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]JCG, I really like the sleeves on your dress.  I am super sad my gramma didn't make it to my wedding. She broke her back. We sent flowers (copies of the centerpieces), and my non-douchey relatives brought back favors, programs, and photos. When my brother flew home, he dropped by with more photos and the video H's aunt took. 
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

Thanks! 

That's so sweet, I'm sure it made her feel good that people were thinking about her and trying to make her feel like she had been there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards