Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Poll: The first time...

1235»

Re: Poll: The first time...

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-first-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f9e41122-b808-4ee8-97e6-c9bd4d3664e3Post:9f0d1460-6f37-4a80-befd-7c2d18fb3e42">Re: Poll: The first time...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Poll: The first time... : Not sure about that.  We started officially dating 2 months after we had sex... and we had been fooling around before that too.  But we'd also known eachother for a long time.
    Posted by cukimerrydoll[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I am with you but maybe I beat you ....   :)</div><div>We too started dating about 2 months after we started having sex....but we also lived together as friends, with  1 other roommate. It was both of ours first place on our own while going to college (dorm living wasn't for me!) We both just turned 20 years old and have been living together ever since and now planning our wedding almost 9 years later!</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tommyandy -   Yes it was amazing to meet back up at the right time.   In High School things just werent right.   but now everything is perfect the way it should be
    wedding countdown
  • Options
    I was so young at the time that I'm pretty sure I'm throwing off the poll by how long we waited.  We started dating when I was 13 and were high school sweethearts (Gag. I know it sounds lame. Haha!) But when we started dating for the second time (after a long break of college fun on our own) we jumped back in the bed after our 2nd date or so. Old habits die hard. Haha!
  • Options
    "We dated for about six weeks before ANYTHING happened. No kissing, nothing. Then it went from our first kiss to our first sex all in one night. "

Ditto this.
  • Options
    First time will be in 81 days. When I was in jr high, I made a commitment to wait until after the wedding. Then in 2008 met an *amazing* guy who had made the same decision back when he was that age also. Neither of us is apologetic about the fact that we are virgins. Our choice was b/c of religious reasons, but we feel it has a lot of other "fringe benefits" also... trust being one of them. And how cool is it to know that the man you will spend the rest of your life with was thinking about his future relationship with you as he made choices... long before you met? It is too cool that I am the first girl he has ever kissed... and I'm so glad I've waited for him (and vice versa)!
  • Options
    We started dating when we were 15 (sophomores in HS). We waited about a year and a half. We are each others one and only. :)
  • Options
    We did it for the first time yesterday. It was awful. He growled like a bear the whole time and farted during his "special moment". Afterwards, he wiped the foam from his mouth and asked if we could snuggle. I cried.

Does anyone know the best way to get our deposit back from our venue?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmm well we met in middle school & dated then became friends/dated off & on through high school etc but we never ended up sleeping together.. a few years after that he moved away to fl [we're from ny]. we kept in touch.. though didn't talk a ton.. but he missed me & got ahold of me. that was kinda strange lol because we hadn't talked in 6+ months & i had a very vivid dream about him that he was home & we hung out etc & that was the same night he sent me a msg telling me he was visiting home & wanted to do something. somehow weird sht like that always happens with us. [speaking of first times, again we hadn't talked for a few months & he randomly called me, the morning after the real first time happened lol, when no one but me & my current bf knew, to ask if i'd ever had sex cause he had a dream about it & didn't want me to!]

ANYWAY lol i missed the msg until he was already gone but called & he flew me down & that first night was our first time together. the timing this time was perfect! we have a DD now & are getting married in '11 which is the tenth year of knowing each other!

• Options
    i outwhore you- hahah!

i totally agree with you tommyandy! i don't think you can really know someone enough to marry them & know if you want to spend the rest of your lives together if you haven't lived with them. that's a huge compatibility test imo
  • Options
    It took me eight days after we made it official to jump him Wink It was college so I don't think there were any real "dates" to count....just days! lol
  • Options
    Me and my FI waited about 6 months...we had known each other for about 4 years before we started dating. The only reason that we had waited that long was because he had never been with anyone...I would have gone with right away but he was worth the wait! :)
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are waiting, but we live together. It isn't really because of religious reasons, we just are. haha  We started dating our junior yr of HS and weren't ready any time soon after that. We decided waiting was right for us.

We moved in together because of financial reasons and I'm really glad we did. I know now that we are going to work out great together when we move in to our new apartment (we have other roommates now but we share a room) with just the two of us.   :)  I also agree that I don't think spending the weekend is anything like living together. COMPLETELY different. Weekends are fun time. But it wasn't that big of a change for us. Good thing. lol
  • Options

He was supposed to be a summer fling.... the darn boy wouldn't go away and it's been 3.5 years now...  :)

• Options
    Met my man and took him home three hours later. I'm not saying thats always a good idea, but there was definitely something special between us from the beginning.
  • Options
    I waited 6 and a half months before we did it but he was also my first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first time with my fiance was my first time ever.  We had been together for a year and 3 months and didn't have sex until the night that he proposed.  It was perfect. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards