New Jersey

nightmare in Fairfield, supposed to be "My Post"

Fairfield is flooded and the hotel (hampton inn&suites) isn't sure the roads will be open or not in time for our Friday wedding.  I am so excited for the wedding and have dealt with so many nighmares to get here and cannot believe we are dealing with yet another one. Calling around all hotels in the area now, no idea how we would get all of our guests to call and book a room at another hotel....... :(

Re: nightmare in Fairfield, supposed to be "My Post"

• edited December 2011
    I feel so horrible for you schrutebeets. My close friend got married at the Richfield Regency and we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Fairfield and it was great. Hoepfully they can accomodate you. The place is very pretty for the money. 
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nightmare-fairfield-supposed-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0a472330-b328-41a0-89fd-449262865c17Post:b2b48b19-4fe4-42e6-8b88-f984db4a924a">Re: nightmare in Fairfield, supposed to be "My Post"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel so horrible for you schrutebeets. My close friend got married at the Richfield Regency and we stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Fairfield and it was great. Hoepfully they can accomodate you. The place is very pretty for the money. 
    Posted by Pharo47[/QUOTE]
    I would think they might have the same issue getting to the Crowne Plaza as well.

Also, I would think that maybe the hotel should help guests in finding another place to stay if the roads are not accessible? Wouldn't they be responsible for letting guests know something like this?
  • edited December 2011
    Yes Cindy you are right, it's every hotel in Fairfield. Believe it or not, the hotel didn't even call me....I found out by calling them!! They told me I am on my own finding a place....I called hilton corporate sales and they said they would call all the hotels in the area and try to transfer things over but never called me back. I think we found 2 hotels that both have availability for everything we need so trying to arrange it now but it is just a nightmare.
  • NJgurl19NJgurl19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Is there another Hampton Inn or Hilton brand hotel in the area that's not too far and usable?  Maybe if you call their corporate office they can help you out by switching your guests to another hotel.
    ExerciseMilestone image
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nightmare-fairfield-supposed-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0a472330-b328-41a0-89fd-449262865c17Post:3933ee43-025d-4689-9fb0-1345a752a521">Re: nightmare in Fairfield, supposed to be "My Post"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there another Hampton Inn or Hilton brand hotel in the area that's not too far and usable?  Maybe if you call their corporate office they can help you out by switching your guests to another hotel.
    Posted by JoBell123[/QUOTE]
    Yeah I agree, Hilton should help you in getting everybody transferred somewhere else, and they better offer a free shuttle for everyone to wherever that is.
    I am so sorry you have to be dealing with this right now... :(
    but it could be worse...
  • edited December 2011
    Def could be worse ladies, trying to keep my head up. Hilton said they would help but so far one homewood suites called, they have 10 rooms available and no shuttle. We do have 2 hotels that I think are good to go so we will be booking them as backups. Not perfect but manageable, I think. No more disasters, please!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi, so sorry for your nightmare.  I am not sure where your wedding is, but I know that Ramada Inn in East Hanover has shuttle service.  Route 10 is open and you can access route 280 pretty easily.  46 in shut down in Parsipanny too, I saw on tv that they were evacuating those hotels yesterday.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Sorry about the previous post, I have no idea how or why my computer did that.  My original post said that the Ramada Inn in East Hanover has shuttle service.  I am not sure where your reception is, but rt 10 is open and you can access 280 easily from there.  I was watching on the news last night that they were evacuating the hotels on 46 in Parsippany, so I am not sure that they would be an option to you. 46 is closed in Pine Brook to get to Bloomfield Ave.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    OH no. Sorry this is happening to you. Your day will be amazing no matter what.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about this last minute headache you are going through.  I promise you everything will work itself out!  Keep your head up, maybe call in your friends/family to communicate the hotel change to your guests?  You will be surprised how quickly word can get around.  Just think, one day you and your husband will look back one day and think "that wasnt' so bad" : )

Most importantly...you are getting married in 2 days congrats!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the Hampton Inn for my wedding block next Friday and have been trying to speak with someone in sales for a few days to finalize arrangements, and they have not been able to make it in.  I am from Staten Island so was not connecting the dots that all the flooding was happening close to where my wedding will be taking place.  When I expressed concern to the front desk about the flooding affecting my wedding block they seemed optimistic that everything would be fine and told me it should all be cleared for the brides this weekend.  They said  police officers and fireman that had been staying at the hotel  to be close to the flood zones had told them roads should be open today or tomorrow, but that was  before the additional flooding, so things may have changed. 

I hope everything works out for you and Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_nightmare-fairfield-supposed-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:0a472330-b328-41a0-89fd-449262865c17Post:1ddab9d6-7fa9-495d-a48b-f30bd90e593f">Re: nightmare in Fairfield, supposed to be "My Post"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am using the Hampton Inn for my wedding block next Friday and have been trying to speak with someone in sales for a few days to finalize arrangements, and they have not been able to make it in.  I am from Staten Island so was not connecting the dots that all the flooding was happening close to where my wedding will be taking place.  When I expressed concern to the front desk about the flooding affecting my wedding block they seemed optimistic that everything would be fine and told me it should all be cleared for the brides this weekend.  They said  police officers and fireman that had been staying at the hotel  to be close to the flood zones had told them roads should be open today or tomorrow, but that was  before the additional flooding, so things may have changed.  I hope everything works out for you and Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!
    Posted by Lauren15215[/QUOTE]
    Not sure who you've been trying to speak with, but try contacting Lawanda Pickett. She is who I've dealt with concerning my room block.
  • edited December 2011

I dealt with Lawanda also and she was great, but  she has not been able to make it into the office, nor has anyone from the sales department. They basically told me that no one can leave the hotel or get to the hotel at this point.  The front desk told me to call back today but I am going to hold off for a day or two to give more time for things to start clearing.  My wedding isn't until next Friday so I have a little bit of time, although now i am panicking about Hurricane Katia coming this way.  I knew the week leading up to the wedding would be stressful but hurricanes never even dawned on me as something to be concerned about. 

5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we'll be ok with Hurricane Katia.. from what I've read at least.
  • StefaniBelStefaniBel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear what happened to you.  I hope everything gets solved and you have a wonderful wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards