New Jersey

Re: Slut List

• Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...I saw it the other day on the news.  Honestly it does not surprise me.  They say it has been going on a while now also and it probably will not stop either.  I have a friend that went there and it went on then to.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kids are so mean
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was on the today show yesterday
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is really bad, just at a loss for words.  If someone did that to my niece, there would be problems.  I would demand that all those senior girls get thrown out of school and not allowed to graduate.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that's a little extreme brad...what would you do if it was your neice making the list?
    ~Chelsea~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    girls can be so cruel
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Teenage girls are the meanest things on the planet. I went to an all-girls high school and the first 2, 2.5 years were TORTURE. Brad, I get where you're coming from but that's a bit much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend from HS teaches there and she said this happens every year, no one ever knows who writes it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't surprise me that they are doing it but some of their comments are really harsh. Not that gossiping or starting rumors about people is ever OK but I just feel like their comments are on another level then when I was in high school.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if she made the list, meaning she was the senior, I would talk to my brother and she would probably lose her car and have to take the bus for a while.If she made the list, meaning the freshman, I would again talk to my brother and find out why people think she would be on this list.  what are you letting her wear, who is she hanging out with, etc...
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not proud to admit this, but in HS we did something similar called the 'Hit List' and it would target boys and girls.  It was a school tradition that went along with a Powder Puff Football game (jrs vs sen girls touch football).  They did get a little nasty sometimes, but we were immature and in HS.  It was a grade-wide thing, not cliquey.  I dont think we all realized how some of the things written could really hurt peoples feelings.  I think getting thrown out of school is a little aggressive.  Maybe in-school detention...
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have two (well three, but one is very young) nieces they are 16 and 13.  One is a HS sophomore and the other is in 8th grade and the stories that the two of them can tell you are scary.  And if you think it is any different from when you were in HS you are mistaken.  It was happening then it just was not portrayed in the news the way it is today.  You walk around the mall or a carnival and just look at what some of these girls wear it is gross that they even were able to walk out of the house in it.  MH teaches HS and he had a girl in one of his classes that would wear one thing to school and then change into another outfit when she got to school because she did not want her parents to see what she was wearing. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's really sad.  they're nervous as it is coming into a new school!!!!  I don't remember anything like this when I was a freshman.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If she made the list, meaning the freshman, I would again talk to my brother and find out why people think she would be on this list. what are you letting her wear, who is she hanging out with, etc... Way to blame the victim. Most of the times these rumors and comments have no basis in reality. It's just catty girls that are jealous and trying to hate.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Anyone remember Slam Books?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, MB! There was one going around when I was in FIFTH grade so that goes to show this isn't just a HS thing and certainly not just in Millburn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    seabass, I disagree, there has to be a reason why someone would call someone a name.  Same with stereotypes, they are based on something.No one just walks up to someone and says I am going to call you a slut for no reason.
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brad that is not true.  Sometimes it just happens.  You do smething wrong to a "friend" and the next thing you know you are being called a "slut".  Like MB said teenage girls are mean. no what is this book you are talking about MB?
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brad, while I think it is stupid some girls would label a girl a slut for no reason.  It could be because she had UGGs before the other girl did or gave her a weird look in the hall way.  It is stupid, but that is just how some girls are.  Not all girls, but someone.  You have to remember too, these are young and may not be as mature as one would think.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really Brad? Have you ever been a teenage girl?...A guy could like you and a girl can get jealous and she will start any rumor because of that....happened all the time in my high school...It doesnt always have to do with the way you dress and btw I had friends who went out with some jerks in high school who wanted to look like they were so macho and would start rumors about what the girl did with them on a date even if they just kissed them so dont always blame the girls who are being picked on
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ok seabass, so that is the reason, my point was there has to be a reason for someone to call another person that, it doesnt come out of thin air.
  • Options
    tvlirenetvlirene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Brad. Okay, you're right and everyone else is wrong. Did you even read all the responses?
  • Options
    kle0113kle0113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brad...were you ever a girl even for a day? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *sigh* You said that if your neice was on the slut list you would talk to her parents about what she was wearing and who she was hanging out with to find out why she as on that list. My point was that a girl doesn't need to be wearing slutty close or hanging out with a bunch of different guys to be called a slut. So accusing her of doing or wearing something wrong would probably not help the situation, when it's really just a case of teenage girls being teenage girls. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    holy crap...spelling errors galore
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yes I read the responses those are stupid reasons but still reasons.  and what is your point?  And stupid, you have never been a girl comments, are just stupid.  I can empathize and see things from a female point of view.I might as well comment to every post you arent a guy you dont understand.  It is a childish statement. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree seabass, girls at that age are the worst, and it may not be anything that is that bad, but there has to be a reason.  Plus on that list, they said very specific things, so you would have an idea where they were getting it from.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no really its not Brad because I am sure 90 % of the women posting have gone through this so are you saying that they deserved it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are reasons why I do not want a daughter.  When I was in HS there was a huge uproar at a neighboring HS (Wall Twp) over a book that students made that seriously slandered many other students and teachers and it was passed around, left of cars, etc. The racial and sexual comments made (and some stuff about teachers with students) was sickening. It made the news at the time, so this stuff has always been going on for a long time (this incident was likely around 1996 or 1997) and has been making the news the whole time.  They did find out who made the book then and I find it very hard to believe that these teenage girls in Milburn are smart enough to hide themselves, year after year. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh forget it....sigh
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #4 5/8/11