New Jersey
Options

NWR: ground turkey recipe?

I don't want to make meatloaf and I don't want meatballs/spaghetti since we just had those.  What other fun and tasty things can I do with ground turkey?  that's what I defrosted and now I'm responsible for dinner!!!!
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: NWR: ground turkey recipe?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    turkey burgers?
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not make tacos? I bet it would be a fun meal for Brandon too with all the extras you can top it with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know you said no pasta, but maybe make a bologuese sauce or stuffed peppers with ground tukey, veggie and rice.
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd tacos Lola. I love turkey tacos. Tastes just liked ground beef! Just be carfeful with  the packet of spice, its a little salty and the turkey can get real salty too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I could to turkey burgers - but I never find a turkey burger that I like. I'm obviously just not seasoning them right.... tacos might be good - i'll have to run to the store and get the stuff for them. stuffed peppers sounds awesome, but i'm clueless as to how to make them, i'm sure I can google it tho.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    turkey chili is super easy and delicious
  • Options
    Lola MinnieLola Minnie member
    edited December 2011
    Stuffed peppers do sound good. You may have to share the recipe, Erika.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sloppy joes? A can of manwhich and some rolls....and you're done. I like tacos too!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also use turkey in this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/uptown-down-home-chili-recipe/index.html and sub kidney beans for the black beans.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With that chili, I also mix it into mac & cheese, omitting the cheese & final bit of onion in the chili recipe.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was also going to suggest tacos. If you have biscuit mix or a tube of pre-cut biscuits at home, you can put the biscuits in a cupcake pan, add the cooked and seasoned turkey to each cup, bake for the time on the biscuit instructions, and then add the shredded cheese a couple minutes before you take them out. Or you could make a shepherd's pie.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    spunky - you omit the cheese in mac and cheese? i'm confused!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cook the beef in a pan just like you would tacos (you may wantto season to taste).pre-heat oven at 350.  chop bite pieces of zuchini, squash (really whatever you like) and grape tomatoes.  add cook turkey to mixture and stuff peppers.  you can also add cheese~ I do feta when i make mine, but instead of ground turkey i add a little rice and do veggie only.  cook for about 15-20 minutes.  you can also serve this over rice instead of stuffing the pepper with rice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erika your husband has it made - you always have yummy stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No no, the original chili recipe I gave has cheese & onion as a topping. So I make regular mac & cheese, omit the extra cheese & onion (from the chili recipe) and mix the chili into the mac & cheese.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Turkey chilli is my favorite, and it comes out fantastic. I season the ground turkey with Sazón, ground cumin, Adobo, salt - mix mix mix and then cook as usual. Drain the liquid, *then* comes the fun part of the Taco Bell seasoning packet. I do not enjoy spicy food but this gives it that extra punch of flavor. When that's all simmering I add sweet corn niblets and garbanzo beans (chick peas some may call it) for about 15 mins on low heat. Over white rice? Delish.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ohhhh! i was like, hold on - if you hold the cheese, then that's just MAC! :) haha...and i will NOT be having just the MAC when cheese is an option!
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Turkey chili, turkey tacos, stuffed bell peppers (with onions, ground turkey, crushed tomatoes, brown rice and cheese = awesome)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks d!
  • Options
    Angie550Angie550 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We usually do turkey tacos or I love mexican pizza.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/mexican-pizza-recipe/index.htmlI use Turkey instead of the chorizo and I make one large pizza with the whole wheat boboli crust.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you melissa....must add onions.  totally forgot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oooh angie -that pizza sounds fun and different! I might try that!  It's either that, tacos or stuffed peppers with XTRA cheese :)
  • Options
    Denise91980Denise91980 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Enchiladas...If you buy the Old El Paso soft taco shells the recipe is on the back...I just substitute the ground turkey for the beef...but they are so easy and yummy!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh Erika I didn't see your recipe above and it sounds awesome. I am going to try yours--and the feta sounds like it would be really good.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    idk but i make ground turkey or chicken for my dog every night ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Allie! I think yours was the most helpful response of all! haha jerk.
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    lol sorry ;)
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    edited December 2011
    I've also made stuffed peppers many times with turkey and I recently made sloppy joe's with it. The recipe is even made for using turkey (and it's WW!):http://tinyurl.com/yfvo5vp
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I make turkey burgers all the time.  I usually load them with garlic pepper and grill mates spicky steak seasoning.  I usully put blue cheese or gorgonzola in the ground turkey and grill them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards