North Carolina

Lets just be honest...

If your FI/DH cooked a huge dinner for you and you absolutely hated it, would you tell him or just smile and excuse yourself to the bathroom?

Photobucket

Re: Lets just be honest...

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'd tell him. . but typically DH can tell when I dislike something. I'd still eat it though. :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Neither.  H knows me well enough that he wouldn't cook something that I don't like (for example, he'd never make chicken salad for me, because he knows I don't like it).  So if it were truly "bad" it would be because techniques or flavors were off of my expectations.  It would either be something that we could both admit we don't like, or it would just be my preference, in which case I'd eat it and be grateful. 

• edited December 2011
    I'm very picky and I eat the same things all the time so FI would know what not to cook. 

Are you asking because this happened to you?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a really picky eater too, and my FI can tell as soon as we start eating if I don't like something... He's always trying to get me to try new things, but I make sure and tell him if I don't like something because I don't want to see it dinner again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2011 Siggy Challenge: Hair
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_lets-just-honest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:3b579473-68da-4916-bbbe-020914d88ca5Post:89953a0b-222d-4562-a636-715fe818a9f9">Re: Lets just be honest...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm very picky and I eat the same things all the time so FI would know what not to cook.  Are you asking because this happened to you?
    Posted by aleighk1[/QUOTE]

Luckily FI doesn't cook and that is a good thing! Just a general question I was thinking about.
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    When we were dating, DH baked a peach cobbler.  I had a piece and he went to go take a shower or study (he went into his room).  I ran outside of his apt and dumped it in the woods!!!  It was awful.

I didn't tell him till a year later or so when we were engaged and he was going to make it again. lol. 

Nowadays, I would tell him but he would probably make me try it too.
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it was just something I wasn't a fan of (like say the onion flavor was overpowering or something like that) I would probably say it came out good but I'm just not a fan.  If I think I would like it if he did something else to it, like took onions out or used less/more salt, I would probably make a suggestion, like "I wonder if it could be better if you....x...next time." 

If I could tell he was really proud of something though and excited for me to try it (not sure that's happened) then I would find it really hard to tell him I didn't like it...
  • carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd try my best to eat it and not say anything cause I wouldnt want to hurt his feelings. The only thing I probably couldnt/ wouldnt eat is Seafood and my FI knows that I dont like it so I'm guessing it would have to be something he made that just didnt turn out.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • edited December 2011
    I would have to be honest with my FI. Mainly because he would know right away that I didn't like and and secondly because what's the point in lying? It just means you'll have to eat it again.

This happened to FI and I, but in reverse before, he tried to pretend like it was good, but it was just awful. It makes for a good laugh instead of having to lie to each other!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards