New Jersey
Options

Hotel Room Block Info

So, I just ordered my save the date magnets and was wondering if you are supposed to send the hotel block information with the STD or with the invitations.  I have not looked into the hotel rooms yet but wanted to know before I send the STD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel Room Block Info

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I put the info on the STD and in the invitation.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Danes983Danes983 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its really up to you. Some STD cards have a liitle holder you and put that information on. Or, if you have a wedding website you can put the website information on the STD so when they go to check it out its there. Do you have pics?
  • Options
    mchristian05mchristian05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Ladies

Oh ok...I did put our website on the magnet.  I guess when I have the information I will just post it on the site and send with my invites.  Not sure if I will have the info to send with my STD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same as PP. We put the information with the STD and the invitation. Our hotel block was only available up until 3 weeks before our wedding then we had to release any unbooked rooms back to the hotel. We wanted to give our guests enough time to figure out what they wanted to do.
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We felt like a big purpose of the STD was to allow people to start planning and booking the hotel.

Edit: We also didn't have a wedding website, so that made it a bit different.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am not going to be including the info on the STD. I was thinking of either directing them to a website with that information as someone suggested above. I don't know what hotel I will be using as of yet. Definitely going to include it in the invitation.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing the same. I'll be including our wedding website info on our STD which has all the hotel block info our guest will need.
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't.  There was no way that people needed to start booking their hotels in Basking Ridge 9 months ahead of time.  I'm sure if anyone had been itching to book something, they would have asked us for information.

We added hotel information to our wedding website when we had it firmed up.
  • Options
    sgdc2011sgdc2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would.... especially if you have a lot of out of towners.  Plus, not everyone looks at the wedding websites.
  • Options
    LolyalyssaLolyalyssa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I asked the lady at the hotel for extra insert cards.  I will be sending cards with both the STDs and with the invites.   People like to plan flights ahead of time and a certain hotel will determine what airport they might fly into.

Also, some of my quests may spend time in NYC before they go to NJ and will make it a big vacation so I want to allow them time to plan.

And I'll be doing a website.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards