New Jersey
Options

Photographer

My best friend is getting married in Dec and is starting out late in the game with planning, so this is why I turn to you all.  She is looking for a photographer to take pictures for the wedding. No albums nothing. Just pictures and a CD so she can do what she wants with it. No more than $1700, but she wants 2 shooters.  Do you have any recs?

Re: Photographer

• Options
    Jason Rhee!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We're using Jason Rhee, but Robert Wayne does a la carte and is affordable.
  • Options
    Hi Lady,

Do you know his pricing?
  • Options
    I don't have his pricing anymore but my quotes were for 2010 since we booked him early but he definitely was in her range.  Just have her email him and he will send her a list of his packages and prices.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Robert Wayne does offer a la carte, but he is more than $1,700.

For just pics and online viewing, he is $1995. A second shooter runs I think $600 and a hi res CD is like $300 or $400, but is free if you end up purchasing like  $1,000 of albums, prints, etc. 

I love his work and he is very nice and reasonable, but I don't think it will work for your friend.  

Jason Rhee is like $2700 with albums, so I think he may be more in line, but I don't know what he charges for a second shooter. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's this guy, Craig! And he's got a list!
  • Options
    This is the exact scenario we'd like too... no idea on who does just that though so I'm interested too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jason is like 1750 for his basic package
    How I unwind? The FI and I watch old TV shows Photobucket 187image 124image 48image 15image RSVP Date March 31 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographer-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4ce21000-1f67-4398-94ae-0b960dcb9656Post:fa523991-bda7-4d79-820f-7a4a7c306543">Re: Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's this guy, Craig! And he's got a list!
    Posted by bereasonable2[/QUOTE]

Come on why don't you offer to shoot it yourself? ;)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    We are looking into Alex Kaplan.  He's around $1400 for 8 hours with a professional photographer and a professional associate.  I've heard good things about him.  We're talking with him on the phone this weekend (so no, we haven't booked, but I have a good feeling!) He does a lot of models and other shots during the week which (I've been told by other bride-to-bes) is why he can keep his prices so low!
  • Options
    We are using Photography by Orlando.  I have his prices if you want more info.
  • Options
    I think you'd be hard pressed to get down to that price with two shooters and disc.

Many good/professional photographers don't even offer a disc-only option.  We used Robert Wayne Photography and he was in the low $2k range for shooting and no album, but that was only one photographer (which is all we had and found it to be plenty).  A second photographer would have added $600.

We did speak with Jason back when we were shopping.  I actually don't recall if Jason offered a disc-only package, but I do remember that his second photographer was something like $800.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, any info you have would be helpful.. Danes983 at aol dot com :)
  • Options
    We are using  M & A Photography  very reasonable prices
    www.maphotoandvideo.com
  • Options
    Hi-  I used Dian Photography in Fairview, NJ and they were awesome!!! I did spend more than that, but let me just say it was well worth it.  I am sure they can work with you on the price.  Mark is awesome!  Their website is www.dianphoto.com

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    That is a small budget for 2 photographers and a disk.  You may get close if you limit your hours.  As much as I hate to suggest this, you may have to turn to craigslist and look for someone just starting out.  Just be cautious, as there ARE some decent photographers that advertise there and have shot a bunch of weddings.  Ask to see a typical client CD (start to finish) to get an idea of their work (don't go off website portfolio images).   See how long they have been in business, the last thing you want is someone that calls it quits before your wedding.

Pburke2010 That doesn't make sense to me.  I am very familiar with the industry and  In my experience, Models are typically cheap and always broke.  They tend to do trade work more than anything else.  Unless he is a high end portfolio photographer, I doubt he is making much money on model shoots.  And if he was.....he wouldn't be wasting his time with 1400 dollar weddings.
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    I am using M & A Photography and Video
     I paid $3000 for photo and video
    www.maphotoandvideo.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_photographer-26?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:4ce21000-1f67-4398-94ae-0b960dcb9656Post:16c4c01f-ce0b-4951-9fa8-f2f086f84055">Re: Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is a small budget for 2 photographers and a disk.  You may get close if you limit your hours.  As much as I hate to suggest this, you may have to turn to craigslist and look for someone just starting out.  Just be cautious, as there ARE some decent photographers that advertise there and have shot a bunch of weddings.  Ask to see a typical client CD (start to finish) to get an idea of their work (don't go off website portfolio images).   See how long they have been in business, the last thing you want is someone that calls it quits before your wedding. @ Pburke2010 That doesn't make sense to me.  I am very familiar with the industry and  In my experience, Models are typically cheap and always broke.  They tend to do trade work more than anything else.  Unless he is a high end portfolio photographer, I doubt he is making much money on model shoots.  And if he was.....he wouldn't be wasting his time with 1400 dollar weddings.
    Posted by USER876[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Looks like Alex Kaplan is also a DJ, videographer, and photobooth operator. Jack of all trades, master of none. That's why he charges 1400 for photography.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards