North Carolina

DOC Prices

I live in Charlotte and just got a quote of $850 for DOC.  It's my first quote and I really didn't know what price point to expect, but considering everything will be done by then, I was shocked at that price point. 

Can anyone recommend a DOC in the Charlotte area?  What is a reasonable market rate to expect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DOC Prices

• pearls687pearls687 member
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Whoa!  The second quote just came in.....$1100!  Clearly, I underestimated the cost of this service.  <sigh>
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they are very expensive too. I searched a loong time before I found ours. She is $600 and has been doing above and beyond "day of" planning. The Perfect Plan, Tia McLaurin. She's been great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msT2mrsHmsT2mrsH member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    $600 sounds great! I have a meeting with potential DOC this week and the lowest is $900. Do you know if she travels outside of Charlotte? I'm in the Greensboro area.
    ~ "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Yes she does...we're getting married in raleigh, but i know she's done weddings in lots of cities. Her email is [email protected] she's so on top of things!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pearls687pearls687 member
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Sksites, I'm considering contacting Tia. What types of "above and beyond" things is she doing? I'm sure there will be a travel charge to Charlotte, so I'm looking for reasons to choose her over just getting someone local.
  • edited December 2011
    I paid $550 for a "month of wedding" coordinator (Coordinating Dreams) and it was a disaster. You really get what you pay for when it comes to coordination and I learned that the hard way :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards