North Carolina
Options

DOC Prices

I live in Charlotte and just got a quote of $850 for DOC.  It's my first quote and I really didn't know what price point to expect, but considering everything will be done by then, I was shocked at that price point. 

Can anyone recommend a DOC in the Charlotte area?  What is a reasonable market rate to expect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: DOC Prices

• Options
    pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa!  The second quote just came in.....$1100!  Clearly, I underestimated the cost of this service.  <sigh>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they are very expensive too. I searched a loong time before I found ours. She is $600 and has been doing above and beyond "day of" planning. The Perfect Plan, Tia McLaurin. She's been great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msT2mrsHmsT2mrsH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $600 sounds great! I have a meeting with potential DOC this week and the lowest is $900. Do you know if she travels outside of Charlotte? I'm in the Greensboro area.
    ~ "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes she does...we're getting married in raleigh, but i know she's done weddings in lots of cities. Her email is Tia@theperfectplannc.com she's so on top of things!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sksites, I'm considering contacting Tia. What types of "above and beyond" things is she doing? I'm sure there will be a travel charge to Charlotte, so I'm looking for reasons to choose her over just getting someone local.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $550 for a "month of wedding" coordinator (Coordinating Dreams) and it was a disaster. You really get what you pay for when it comes to coordination and I learned that the hard way :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards